What's new

American attack aftermath: Pakistan declares attack a 'plot'

Pakistani posts are in bad condition because ghadari is not issuing funds for WOT against TTP.
I wonder what is the point in not equipping our soldiers to fight against terrorists.
I agree govt. shall allocate huge funds to face bharti sponsored TTP

Pakistani posts are in bad condition because Pakistanis had very few posts in that area, all are now makeshift as Pakistanis wait for NATO/ISAF/US to leave Afghanistan .....
The point in not equipping your soldiers to fight against terrorists is ... that PA needs to buy weaponry to shore up conventional battlefield equipment to fight India. Majority of the funds allocated to Pakistan for WoT are being siphoned for that purpose only so whats the surprise?
As for Indian supported TTP, well we dont need to .... the support of TTP is sufficient from within Pakistan that India needs only to sit on its *** and laugh away as you guys fight each other in your homes and your cities!! Why train groups in India? Why supply them stuff from here? All is available in pakistan locally!!

It is not complex... it is simple bharat lured NATO to attack Pakistani posts via its proxy TTP.

All Pakistan need to do is send few babur to South bharat.

Its not complex its simple .... only delusional thoughts from Pakistan are to be expected. India lured NATO to attack Pakistani posts? Now we will lure them to invade Pakistan through our proxies "US-NATO-ISAF" !!!!!!

Oh please do send your Baburs .... we await them .... !

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

BS by Americans AS USUAL! after all UNITED STATE OF ****

And consumed by their Pakistani Allies the staunchest ally US has in WoT!!!!!!! AS USUAL!!!

Only Pakistan can be so gullible!!!!

Islamabad - 1st December 2011

Today on Friday the General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani (HI), the chief of Army staff has suspended 'chain of command' system to counter any aggression. The Army Chief has suspended the chain of command system in order to enable the senior officers on the posts to take appropriate action in case Pakistani forces come under attack.

The decision would however be applicable to eventualities involving Nato troops.

General Kayani has also ordered the troops to counter any aggression with full force and defend the motherland against any assailant. General Kayani has also said that the Pakistan Air Force should have taken action while Nato helicopters had violated the Pakistani airspace and attacked the Pakistani posts.

In a letter written to the Armed Forces Chiefs, COAS Gen Kayani has said that the PAF jets must have dashed to the border area after the Nato attack. General Kayani has also observed that the communication of the attacked posts had snapped after the Nato attack. He said that now the senior officer on the ground would decide about counter measures.

This is Pakistan's property not America's property.

Shamsi Airbase is just too valuable to the Americans. Just look at the location. Near Afghanistan and near FATA. Why did the government and army of Pakistan lie so much to their people. Without Pakistan's government and army approval, theres no way America can carry out drone attacks.

pakistan-baluchistan-bandari-shamsi-airport-swat-cai.gif

Location-of-Nato-attack-a-001.jpg

To be very honest I believe that Pakistan does not have a say in this. We as a nation are so blackmailed by the DEVELOPED countries that they always have their way with us. If you ask me, allowing air space to foreigners is during extreme measure but since the time we've opened up our air space to them they enter our country at will and create more damage to our innocent country men and property as compared to killing terrorists.

Shamsi Air Base should be closed. If these allied countries vacate Afghanistan in 2014 whom do you think will have to deal with the remaining Al Qaeda operatives ?

The fact remains that NATO attacked and martyred our troops.
This fact cannot change, no matter how many investigations we carry out.
NATO is not blind at night, does not lack for surveillance assets, nor does it lack for information regarding Pakistani check posts and positions on this porous border.

Many people are asking how the NATO could not have known about the posts.One of the answers is that the attack was intentional.According to some analysts Pakistani troops often give covering fire to Taliban militants while they cross into Afghanistan to launch attacks on ISAF troops.This time however they decided to teach the Pakistanis a lesson by firing at their posts.This is one of the theories.

PA troops are hardly equipped with decent night fighting equipment. Hardly one piece of NVGs are supplied to such posts, and these NVGs are good for some hundred meters, and few posts / troops have the thermal devices, which again good for a few hundred meters. Our 12.7mm platforms are not equipped with night seeing equipment. I wonder with hardly any good NVGs, how did the troops saw the helicopters which mush be atleast 500m-1KM away or more away from the post and firing from there. What were the troops firing at when they can't see in the night ?? We have mostly 1st gen NVGs which are god at just a few hundred meters distance. That is the reason i am not buying the NATO story. Had it been day time, i would have believed. Our troops are night blind, thus NATO saying their troops got engaged at night by the Pakistani post is BS.

Also, i am having dinner for the last 2 days consecutively who works in the Corps HQ and is involved in the investigation, it was deliberate. the reason PA is so harsh this time, is the main reason that the attack was deliberate.

Some how I am more convinced that it was 300 meters. The border runs through the peaks in that area, and not through the valleys. In the video, the nearest peak line looked barely 200-300 yards away from the check posts, and the next link of peaks, past the valley, appeared about 5 miles away at least. But it was just a video, and I am not a dweller of that area - I may very well be at mistake.

But anyway, that does not matter to me, because whether 1 KM, or 2 KM or just 2 meters, whatever the distance was, I cannot figure out the reason for the Pakistani troops to open fire at combat helicopters. I do not know much about military tactics and firepower, but in my opinion it would be suicidal, unless you have proper air support. The Pakistani troops did not have that. So for the Pakistani troops to fire at the helicopters, when lacking any anti-ariel guns (Pakistan's stand is that they did not fire mortars at the helicopters, Americans say they did), would defeat common sense.

Having said that, the NATO forces deliberately taking on the Pakistani troops, and killing not one or two, but 2 dozen troops, and so swiftly, that was to jeopardize their position and leverage with Pakistan. And it did. So their attacking the Pakistani troops deliberately also beats common sense.

Taimi yar, you want me to drop the points of the other side, and completely believe your side. Come on, we should be checking the version of both the sides impartially, right? And the fact is, the NATO's version is not out yet. This is why in each and every of my post I am saying we are left to just speculate - unless, we buy ISPR's story wholeheartedly, and throw everything away. That won't be right man.

Many people are asking how the NATO could not have known about the posts.One of the answers is that the attack was intentional.According to some analysts Pakistani troops often give covering fire to Taliban militants while they cross into Afghanistan to launch attacks on ISAF troops.This time however they decided to teach the Pakistanis a lesson by firing at their posts.This is one of the theories.

Have you ever in your life heard a gunfire ...... If you can sleep in gunfire than i'll say you sleep like dead...... There is no proof they give COVERING fire to taliban...... Just your little fantasy....

Have you ever in your life heard a gunfire ...... If you can sleep in gunfire than i'll say you sleep like dead...... There is no proof they give COVERING fire to taliban...... Just your little fantasy....

I am not the one saying this.Experts who know the area and have studied the region have said this.

Horrible response from you? I think you all gave a very horrible response post OBL incident ie NONE!! Dont you think that by hitting your troops (posts of whose would have been known to US for sure) the US wants you to exactly retaliate? Well its time Pakistan understood that giving covering fire or firing on troops operating near IB against militants is not exactly a very nice way to show friendly feelings.

Pakistani troops regularly resort to firing when Indian troops are conducting search and destroy missions against militants close to LC in order to facilitate exfiltration/infiltration of the militants ... so am not very surprised that they fired on US troops and got a response in reverse.

However, last time when US forces had hit OBL, Kayani had declared realiation against any NATO troops crossing into their territory ... and what happened? Today also NATO air strike struck into your territory .... ! This is just for public consumption. US would love to see you hit back ......
Sir not latest strike has taken place yesterday there was a skirmish and Army responded back so they ran away

Some how I am more convinced that it was 300 meters. The border runs through the peaks in that area, and not through the valleys. In the video, the nearest peak line looked barely 200-300 yards away from the check posts, and the next link of peaks, past the valley, appeared about 5 miles away at least. But it was just a video, and I am not a dweller of that area - I may very well be at mistake.

But anyway, that does not matter to me, because whether 1 KM, or 2 KM or just 2 meters, whatever the distance was, I cannot figure out the reason for the Pakistani troops to open fire at combat helicopters. I do not know much about military tactics and firepower, but in my opinion it would be suicidal, unless you have proper air support. The Pakistani troops did not have that. So for the Pakistani troops to fire at the helicopters, when lacking any anti-ariel guns (Pakistan's stand is that they did not fire mortars at the helicopters, Americans say they did), would defeat common sense.

Having said that, the NATO forces deliberately taking on the Pakistani troops, and killing not one or two, but 2 dozen troops, and so swiftly, that was to jeopardize their position and leverage with Pakistan. And it did. So their attacking the Pakistani troops deliberately also beats common sense.

Taimi yar, you want me to drop the points of the other side, and completely believe your side. Come on, we should be checking the version of both the sides impartially, right? And the fact is, the NATO's version is not out yet. This is why in each and every of my post I am saying we are left to just speculate - unless, we buy ISPR's story wholeheartedly, and throw everything away. That won't be right man.

I think they dont have orders.... In case of Ally incursion they are suppose to report back to HQ and then HQ tell them whether to fire or not... But there was a unconfirmed news yesterday that Kiyani order to break Chain of command and from now on Officer on the post will decide what to do.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

I am not the one saying this.Experts who know the area and have studied the region have said this.

For example????

During the war on terrorism the map with highlighted Pakistani checkposts location were provided to NATO in order to avoid cross fires like such. Pak Army was informed about gun fire 15kms away from one of their checkposts and we asked for coordinates in order to investigate the gun fire but suddenly NATO decided to attack ! At the start of the attack NATO was informed that they are shooting at friendlies but still the attack continued for an hour or so. So how can this be a mistake / error ?

We lost so much in trying to clean up the mess which Karzai was hired to do and still he blaims us for everything. So naive !

More lies being manufactured.

Pakistan gave OK to deadly Nato air strike: WSJ

Pakistani officials gave the go-ahead to a Nato air strike that killed 24 Pakistani troops, unaware that their own forces were in the area, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday quoting US officials.

Last weekend’s cross-border attack has caused public outrage in Pakistan, where the government has pulled out of next week’s international conference on Afghanistan and threatened to end support for the US-led war there if its sovereignty is violated again.

The US officials, giving their first detailed explanation of the worst friendly-fire incident of the 10-year-old war, said an Afghan-led assault force that included US commandos was hunting Taliban militants when it came under fire from an encampment along the border with Pakistan, the Journal said in an online report.

The commandos thought they were being fired on by militants but who turned out to be Pakistani military personnel who had established a temporary campsite, they were quoted as saying.

According to the initial US account from the field, the commandos requested air strikes against the encampment, prompting the team to contact a joint border-control centre to determine whether Pakistani forces were in the area, a US official said.

The border-control centre is manned by US, Afghan and Pakistani representatives. But the US and Afghan forces conducting the Nov. 26 commando operation had not notified the centre in advance that they planned to strike Taliban insurgents near that part of the border, the official said.

When called, the Pakistani representatives at the centre said there were no Pakistani military forces in the area identified by the commandos, clearing the way for the air strikes, the US officials said.

Washington has called it a tragic accident and offered its condolences, promising a full investigation. It has not apologised.

“There were lots of mistakes made,” the newspaper quoted an official as saying.

The Journal said US officials have in the past expressed reservations about notifying the Pakistanis about operations, concerned the missions’ details could leak out.

It added that the officials cautioned that the preliminary account is based mainly on interviews with members of the commando team and could change as more information is gathered.

A formal report on the incident is due to be completed by US military investigators by Dec. 23.

Pakistan gave OK to deadly Nato air strike: WSJ | World | DAWN.COM

And the US just realized this was the case? Why wasn't this said before? And btw, what are the names of these officials, & what authority do they have of speaking on the incident?

there must be reasons and also i dont get it i know it is important
i think best for Pakistan to kick them out and show them that u really mean it and you have guts

if they stay there then Pakistan looks loser , no offense to any one pls

Report: Pakistan gave 'go-ahead' before NATO attack, says US
By Web Desk
Published: December 2, 2011

WASHINGTON: The West is striving to limit the fallout from a deadly Nato air raid on Pakistani border troops, but reports that Pakistani soldiers opened fire first on US and Afghan forces risked stoking new tensions.
Pakistani military officials gave the “go-ahead” to US airstrikes that inadvertently led to the death of 24 Pakistani soldiers in Mohmand Agency on November 26, the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday.
US officials giving a detailed account of the attack to WSJ said that an Afghan-led assault force that included American commandos was hunting down Taliban fighters when it was fired at from the Salala checkpost along the Pakistani side of the border.
According to US officials, the commandos first thought they were being fired at by Taliban militants, but later discovered that the fire reportedly came from Pakistani troops.
This led the commandoes to request an airstrike against the assailants, who then contacted a joint border-control center to verify if there were any Pakistani troops present at the checkpost.
The Pakistani representatives at the center reportedly said that there were no Pakistani troops in the area; the US officials told the WSJ that this cleared the way for the Americans to conduct the airstrikes.
The border-control center is manned by US, Afghan and Pakistani officials who share information and divert conflicts. On November 26, however, US and Afghan forces conducting the operation had not contacted the center in advance that they planned to strike Taliban insurgents near that part of the border, an official said.
Officials working in the border-control center need to know whether Nato forces are planning operations in the border area, in order to prevent conflict. This allows the Pakistanis to notify its forces that the US and Afghan forces would be operating there.
US officials have in the past expressed reservations about notifying the Pakistanis about operations, concerned the missions’ details could leak out, the report stated.
One US official said that it is sometimes difficult to tell who is firing at the assault force, because the Taliban and Pakistani military use some of the same weaponry.
“There was absolutely no malicious, deliberate attack on the Pakistani military posts,” a US defense official said.
Other American officials said the Pakistani military should have known from the presence of helicopters in the combined US-Afghan commando force that Americans were in the area.
“If you hear American helicopters why would you lob mortars and machine gun fire at them? The Pakistanis can say we thought it was insurgents, except for the fact that the Taliban doesn’t have helicopters,” said the US official.
The United States, which depends on Pakistan as a vital lifeline to supply 130,000 foreign troops fighting in landlocked Afghanistan, on Sunday scrambled to salvage the alliance, backing a full inquiry and expressing condolences.
Nato secretary general Anders Fogh Rasmussen also sought to soothe Islamabad’s rage, but stopped short of issuing a full apology for the “tragic, unintended” killings.
In retaliation for the raid, Islamabad has blocked Nato convoys from crossing into Afghanistan, ordered a review of its alliance with the US and mulled whether to boycott a key conference on Afghanistan next month.
Hundreds of enraged Pakistanis took to the streets Sunday, burning an effigy of President Barack Obama and setting fire to US flags across the country of 167 million where opposition to the government’s US alliance is rampant.
Pakistan says the attack was unprovoked.
Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar telephoned US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to convey a “deep sense of rage” as a joint funeral was held for the dead soldiers, their coffins draped in the national flag.
But a report in Monday’s Wall Street Journal — denied by Islamabad — said the Nato jets and helicopters responded to firing from a Pakistani post on the ill-defined Afghan border.
The article, which followed a similar report by Britain’s Guardian newspaper, cited three Afghan officials and one Western official as saying the air raid was called in to shield allied forces targeting Taliban fighters.
Nato and Afghan forces “were fired on from a Pakistani army base”, the unnamed Western official told the Wall Street Journal. “It was a defensive action.”
An Afghan official in Kabul was quoted as saying: “There was firing coming from the position against Afghan army soldiers who requested support and this is what happened.”
The official added that the government in Kabul believes the fire came from the Pakistani military base — and not from insurgents in the area.
Report: Pakistan gave ‘go-ahead’ before NATO attack, says US – The Express Tribune

Back
Top Bottom