What's new

Any other Pakistani facing similar problems?

And if I decide to go travelling around Pakistan, I won't be questioned? I was reading a thread in this forum recently about westerners being prevented from traval, not just questioned PREVENTED from traveling. And most of the posters here were for it.

And if I decide to go travelling around Pakistan, I won't be questioned? I was reading a thread in this forum recently about westerners being prevented from traval, not just questioned PREVENTED from traveling. And most of the posters here were for it.

ma nigga, they dont want you to get kidnapped.

The only little hiccup I ever had in Europe was when scanners at a baggage control picked up something long, pointy and metallic in my cabin baggage. I told them it was only a sword! It was in its sheath, out of an antique shop and meant to put on the wall. Still they made me reroute my sole light bag through hold baggage and waste time collecting it, but the security people seemed awfully amused.

They didnt let me travel with this

Plastic-Toy-Gun-48CM-Air-Pressure-Water-Gun-KWD64838-.jpg

saying this is a weapon..and you were travelling with a sword..
I salute your greatness sir

I don't think there's anything wrong with disallowing a sword in carry on......I got small school scissors confiscated from me in Karachi Airport.

As for the gun, well......it seems a little strange but keep in mind that they often do not even allow some bottles in some airports. I suppose it could be a weapon if there was acid in it or something....

it seems a little strange but keep in mind that they often do not even allow some bottles in some airports. I suppose it could be a weapon if there was acid in it or something....

Acid will burn through the plastic

kidnapping in parts of the country is not uncommon, unfortunately.....doesnt matter whether u are gora or whether ur a Pakistani raised overseas.

also, in the wake of Xe/blackwater/RD type dramas being imposed on Pakistan -- many became suspicious of foreigners.

but yes, you should enjoy Pakistan because it is and always will be a country that is to be enjoyed by everyone in the world

In Jeddah Airport, does everyone still smoke even though there are sign against it?

yes- not every where- there is a small room at the airports for addicts like me- and in general only in Holy Places like Makkah and Madinah buying and selling cigarette is prohibited- but i dont forget to carry my quota of smokes while visiting those places-

Wow, I'm always stopped by these immigration jerks, but that line of questioning was definitely extreme!

The immigration officer should have no right to question you on your beliefs. Just once I like to give it to these people but they have all the power of throwing me in jail for just being annoyed at their questioning. "Wasn't cooperative" easiest BS western charge on most Muslim travelers.

Wow, I'm always stopped by these immigration jerks, but that line of questioning was definitely extreme!

The immigration officer should have no right to question you on your beliefs. Just once I like to give it to these people but they have all the power of throwing me in jail for just being annoyed at their questioning. "Wasn't cooperative" easiest BS western charge on most Muslim travelers.

That little gem is a catch-all, not just against muslims. I doubt that there is a country without this on their books...

I would strongly urge NOT to do these things, except making a note of name/badge ONLY if needed. Being adversarial or trying to establish superiority never helps.

The rest is up to you guys/gals. :)

what can an indian do to a pakistani......atleast thats the mentality over here......

That little gem is a catch-all, not just against muslims. I doubt that there is a country without this on their books...

Dude you have absolutely no idea how bad it is for Muslim men in their 20s and 30s travelling through Western airports. I used to curse JFK airport's dumbass TSA staff who specialize in wasting time and don't even ask the same questions as what Zakii's jerk asked. At JFK, they just waste time. But apparently Europe is a lot worse. I mean you're questioning someone on BELIEF! He can declare himself the pope of Islam and the second coming of Abraham and it should be acceptable as hey its a belief!

i wonder why they say its a random search when its mostly a Muslim guy who is searched- they should say it like this- Handz up Mozlem Search!!-

Back
Top Bottom