What's new

Any questions Regarding India

so basically you are saying non muslims left the muslim areas due to fear of forceful conversion? if so then who did the muslims tax & kill? are you trying to say that NO NON MUSLIM lived under the moghul rule given that they ruled for 800 years?

okay I'll explain it in simple words, when someone did not want to get converted he left or was killed, also not every mughal was on a conversion spree - some people converted out of greed for money and property and some were forced into it.

and muslim art is just a musem piece good but then what about other art of the time do you worship it or just keep it at musems too?

mughal art is a museum piece and lot of museums are displaying them - we do not hold any affinity to them - does any Hindu build his house like how the muslims built theirs? do we wear clothes or burkhas or whatever they wore? have we adopted any of their rules and regulations? food is universal and is a mixture in India so its not as if when I eat muglai I think of any mughal or feel like one. Do we adorn our houses with mughal artifacts? do we sing the songs they sung? do we build sculptures similar to mughal sculptures? NO I don't think so.

as for tipu sultan trying to convert people and them running away well wouldn't it make it harder for him to make hindu raja's as allies inorder to fight the british?

I haven't read much about this d!ck so cannot comment much here. Maybe harpoon or Bang alore might fill you up on it.

this is total nonsense that tipu converted some hindus and the ones who fled their land was gifted to muslims! please back jup your claims with proof.

You want me to pull up 300 year old property records? and it was an assumption, he would have surely gifted properties to the fresh lot of converts or to his older cohorts - no idea. But then justice was served all lands went back to the state after the British took him out.

turkey is not a muslim country it is secular. besides those 12 countries that you mentioned do not have military imports from israel do they like india does? According to an international opinion survey conducted in 2009 on behalf of the Israeli Foreign Ministry, India is the most pro-Israel country in the world. and india is the largest muslim minority country too. weird that you have double standards regarding israel.

You wanted 12 names of countries, I gave you 12 names. People of Secular countries are not atheist.

as for kalat what about it? it was not annexed like junagadh,hyderabad or goa was it?

So, how did Kalat joined Pakistan, why is Kalat annexation day is the day of strike in Balochistan.

as for the "lie" of Pakistan allowing portuguese planes to land and refuel and carry weapons to goa please prove me wrong. and i wish we had stood by the goans like you indians stood by the bengalis in bnagladesh ;)

Pakistan helped Portuguese aircrafts and navy to escape and shelter during course of the war. Also, Pakistan gave full support to imperialist west.

Oh please! It is not at all! It is adapted! Watch your own Hindi movies...they go MAA tu kiya keri hai!

Are you referring to Awadhi tehzeeb of Lucknow. I have seen lots of Pakistanis using tu for their mother but I have heard Pakistanis are crazy about copying Lucknavi tehzeeb.

okay I'll explain it in simple words, when someone did not want to get converted he left or was killed, also not every mughal was on a conversion spree - some people converted out of greed for money and property and some were forced into it.

mughal art is a museum piece and lot of museums are displaying them - we do not hold any affinity to them - does any Hindu build his house like how the muslims built theirs? do we wear clothes or burkhas or whatever they wore? have we adopted any of their rules and regulations? food is universal and is a mixture in India so its not as if when I eat muglai I think of any mughal or feel like one. Do we adorn our houses with mughal artifacts? do we sing the songs they sung? do we build sculptures similar to mughal sculptures? NO I don't think so.

I haven't read much about this d!ck so cannot comment much here. Maybe harpoon or Bang alore might fill you up on it.

You want me to pull up 300 year old property records? and it was an assumption, he would have surely gifted properties to the fresh lot of converts or to his older cohorts - no idea. But then justice was served all lands went back to the state after the British took him out.

NO i don't want you to pull up property records of 300 years ago i just want you to back up your own claims of hindu kicked out and land given by tipu sultan to muslims of the area you can't just calim something and not back it up with a fact! that is just childish!

ok so according to you some were forced to convert and some converted for money BUT ABSOLUTELY NONE CONVERTED BECAUSE THEY SAW ISLAM AS CORRECT?????

moghul art is musem piece yes but the architecture and art and food is associated with india. ofcourse that is why india promotes it as a tourism thing isn't it? so you personally can hate the art and culture and buildings but that is what people associate with indian culture ask any non desi.

lastly you just claimed tipu sultan forced people to convert but then you followed it up in your next post saying i don't know about tipu sultan.

You wanted 12 names of countries, I gave you 12 names. People of Secular countries are not atheist.

So, how did Kalat joined Pakistan, why is Kalat annexation day is the day of strike in Balochistan.

Pakistan helped Portuguese aircrafts and navy to escape and shelter during course of the war. Also, Pakistan gave full support to imperialist west.

pakistan support of portugese please provide an authentic source ofcourse NON INDIAN to bakc up your claim!

secondly secular country like turkey is SECULAR not a muslim country! you should know this shouldn't you?

kalat acceded to pakistan just like junagadh acceded to india! i don't know what you are trying to prove here? kalat is a part of pakistan just like junagadh or hyderabad is part of india simple.

NO i don't want you to pull up property records of 300 years ago i just want you to back up your own claims of hindu kicked out and land given by tipu sultan to muslims of the area you can't just calim something and not back it up with a fact! that is just childish!

ok so according to you some were forced to convert and some converted for money BUT ABSOLUTELY NONE CONVERTED BECAUSE THEY SAW ISLAM AS CORRECT?????

moghul art is musem piece yes but the architecture and art and food is associated with india. ofcourse that is why india promotes it as a tourism thing isn't it? so you personally can hate the art and culture and buildings but that is what people associate with indian culture ask any non desi.

lastly you just claimed tipu sultan forced people to convert but then you followed it up in your next post saying i don't know about tipu sultan.

It was from my ancestral history so yeah I believe it to be true, and ancient buildings are a tourist destination - there is a difference between something to be put on display and something that you culturally get associated with. A lot of museums all around the world display items of different cultures that doesn't mean they associate with it, I don't see any influence of mughals in my culture or my living so yeah it's from a personal POV.
I said I did not read much about him and believe me it does not matter much, a tipu sultan based question was worth 10 marks in history exam so had it done with, I also said my ancestors fled their ancestral lands because of tipu sultans mass conversion drive so I know that he converted a huge lot into Muslims hence the big population of Muslims in and around Mysore and even in Bangalore.

As far as I know it was out of fear or out of greed..

I also said my ancestors fled their ancestral lands because of tipu sultans mass conversion drive so I know that he converted a huge lot into Muslims hence the big population of Muslims in and around Mysore and even in Bangalore.

As far as I know it was out of fear or out of greed..

Simply not backed by facts. Tipu was anything but a bigot in the old Mysore area. Actually the opposite which is why Tipu remains widely admired in that region. What you are stating is only held to be true in the Mangalore-Kerala belt not in the Mysore state proper.

Are you referring to Awadhi tehzeeb of Lucknow. I have seen lots of Pakistanis using tu for their mother but I have heard Pakistanis are crazy about copying Lucknavi tehzeeb.
hearsay! Nice referencing!

Simply not backed by facts. Tipu was anything but a bigot in the old Mysore area. Actually the opposite which is why Tipu remains widely admired in that region. What you are stating is only held to be true in the Mangalore-Kerala belt not in the Mysore state proper.

There is ample evidence, available in many authentic records of his military operations in Kerala, to show that Tipu Sultan of Mysore was a fanatic Muslim tyrant who was responsible for the destruction of hundreds of Hindu temples, large-scale forcible conversion of the Hindus, and perpetration of unimaginable brutalities on the Hindu population in Kerala. All the available records such as Malabar Manual of William Logan, Historical Sketches of Col. Wilks, Voyage to East Indies of Fra Bartolomaeo, histories of Kerala written by K.P. Padmanabha Menon and Sardar K.M. Panicker, historical research papers of Elamkulam Kunjan Pillai, official reports of the English Company, and the records of Chirackal, Zamorin and Palghat royal families besides those from Trichur, Guruvayoor, Thirunavaya and Perumanam temples, clearly and conclusively depict Tipu Sultan as the most intolerant cruel, and fanatic Muslim ruler in the South. His main object, like his father Hyder Ali Khan's, was to subjugate the whole of Kerala and convert its Hindu population to Islamic faith by force. Tipu Sultan's notorious jihâd - Islamic war-slogan - was SWORD (death) or CAP (Islamic honour, i.e. forcible conversion), a cruel option for a hapless Hindu population. For this, his most dependable and obedient accomplices were his equally cruel and treacherous co-religionists - the Mappilas (local Muslim converts) of North Malabar.

So how does one explain the high Muslim population of Mysore, Mandya or Bangalore? also this is true that my ancestors fled from Mysore fearing the conversion drive. The Muslims hold him in high regard around Mysore..not sure about Hindus though..

"It was Tipu Sultan and his fanatic Muslim army who converted thousands of Hindus to Islam all along the invasion route and occupied areas in North Kerala, Coorg, Mangalore, and other parts of Karnataka. Besides over 8,000 Hindu temples were desecrated and/or destroyed by his Muslim army. Even today, one can see large concentrations of Muslims and ruins of hundreds of destroyed temples in North Kerala as standing evidence of the Islamic brutalities committed by Tipu Sultan ... He was, all through, waging a cruel Islamic war against the Hindu population of Kerala, with a large Muslim army and ably assisted by the French with powerful field guns and European troops. ...

Yes! Why should we bring it down...we do have a lot of Muslims in India....according to your some who put forth this theory that Islam is the only real religion.....why dont you guys destroy all the other places of worship that is not Islam....?

Because Islam does not allow us to be as barbaric as your thinking! :)

Good for you...do suicide bombers in Pakistan now address their victims as aap before blowing them up?

I see your manners are at play again! I have said it before in other threads....but I guess you missed it..

Suicide bombers do not have any religion nor any identity!
If they did they wouldn't blow their own!
IF they did they wouldn't blow ANYONE! Because LIFE any life be it Hindu or Muslim is sacred in Islam and none without reason has the right to end it! I know you will take out minute rubbish from my sentences because YOU will not be able to equate this to ISLAM!

conversion well i am sorry that your ancestors and neither you are enlightened. but yes our holy book says that there will be people who will be blinded and deaf when the truth is right infront of their eyes.

thank Allah my ancestors were not blinded and deaf to the truth and choose the one true religion. your ancestors were just blinded from the truth sadly for you and them.

Mate - the feeling is mutual on the highlighted item in that I feel you are like a frog in the well. You tend to feel superior due to a particular kind of belief you have and that is where you lose tolerance for others who have different belief or a non-believer(like me). I suggest you learn to respect the human beings for what they are and not for their beliefs.

What do you think when India and China will settle the border dispute?

At a time when both countries have strong governments. Both have weak ones just now, not much hope of a solution at the moment, which the diplomats recognise. Both sides are concentrating on keeping the dialogue going and relations more or less normal until a better day. 'More or less normal' because China, when there are unresolved problems, tends to keep the other side off balance with a million little pinpricks almost by force of habit.

1. why there is reservation based on castes rather than economy status?
2. how to identify someone's caste?
3. what are the top 5 develop cities in India? Which areas are the cleaner, most friendly people live in?
4. India has great automobile industry but why most of buses/trains/taxis are old looking?
5. name 2 android apps where I can try Indian recipes?

1. Started with affirmative reservation for Dalits, because of their deep deprivation for centuries. Then those castes immediately above asked for similar reservations, and this process escalated, going higher and higher up the ladder. Since Indian politics is slowly moving away from religion oriented politics, caste based parties are more prominent at the moment, and reservations are how these parties deliver on their electoral promises to deliver benefits. Reservations are for educational seats, and for government jobs, and will become pointless once (a) private sector education increases to the point where there is no shortage of seats for those who have good marks, and (b) once there is enough fiscal discipline to curb the number of government jobs, and (c) enough economic growth to increase the number of private sector jobs; (d) internal demographic changes bring surpluses from one part of the country to meet deficits in labour deficit parts of the country. Caste parties also have had to reach out to other segments other than their original base, so they too are unable to stick to their original power base too rigidly, another moderation that is taking place. In another decade or two, caste based reservations will look primitive and unnecessary, except for Dalits, for whom they were meant, and will gradually become irrelevant.

2. Only some south Indian Brahmins and others wearing traditional garb can be recognized. Nowadays very few people other than orthodox Brahmins wear the sacred thread; someone who happens to be in a dhoti and bare bodied otherwise who is visibly displaying this is probably a Brahmin. In the south of India, particularly in Tamil Nadu, Brahmins wear their caste marks on their foreheads; in other parts of India, this is not necessarily specific to Brahmins.

Apart from this, an Indian can sometimes make out another person's caste from that person's name. However, beyond broad classification, it is usually fairly complicated to go by names, and not worth the trouble.

3. Bombay (Mumbai), New Delhi, Calcutta (Kolkata), Madras (Chennai) and Bangalore (Bengaluru). The friendliest places out of these or in general?

4. Enormous demand in the transport sector; pressure on pricing which forces fares to stay low under regulation; need to keep old vehicles running due to lack of capital for capital purchases.

5. Ulp! Not my bowl of Dal! Sorry!

Back
Top Bottom