What's new

Are you Loyal to the country where your located?

Pick a option!

• I am loyal to both where i stay and where i was born

Votes: 52 75.4%
  • I am loyal to only where i was born

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I dont like the country/people where i am staying

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Im only loyal to my heritage

Votes: 7 10.1%

• Total voters

Gold1010

Reaction score
Country
Australia
1 thing that i find interesting and irritating is the fact that many people are born in a country but will class themselves as wherever there heritage is from. For example there are many lebanese(not all) over here that are born in australia but dont class themselves as australians. so i wanna see your opinions and what you believe.

theres a poll;)(i hope) not sure if i did it right:p

1 thing that i find interesting and irritating is the fact that many people are born in a country but will class themselves as wherever there heritage is from. For example there are many lebanese(not all) over here that are born in australia but dont class themselves as australians. so i wanna see your opinions and what you believe.

theres a poll;)(i hope) not sure if i did it right:p

Can't see the poll...

But I do believe that a person should be loyal to the country of citizenship. Being proud of one's culture is all right, but I know what you mean - there are some people who classify themselves as belonging to their parent nation (or religion) first even if they are earning their bread and butter in a foreign country! That is something I do not support.

sorry i took a while to do the poll , didnt no the thread would post even though i hadnt done the poll , thx for your comment:)

It depends on what do you mean by loyalty and in what terms.

Secondly those who are basically from other regions but born in another country are never accepted as natives of that land Only citizenship is like a facility which is awarded to these people in return for their obeying the local laws.

It depends on what do you mean by loyalty and in what terms.

Secondly those who are basically from other regions but born in another country are never accepted as natives of that land Only citizenship is like a facility which is awarded to these people in return for their obeying the local laws.

I disagree i no many asians who class themselves as australians but asian australians.

Personally i think its how people are brought up if there only going to hang out with there race or religion or whatever then there not giving themselves a chance to be accepted

also is it possible to edit a poll i have another option id like to add:P

I have lived in Australia for half my life and I think, especially with those of lebanese origin, it works with both ways. Almost all Australians don't class lebanese and Australian and I am guessing lebanese people feel alienated and then choose to alienate themselves. Lots of lebanese there... Sydney is the place where the 'burqini' was invented (funny name, Aussie4ever might get what that is.

In Australia, there are two types of immigrants; those who adapt to the community and embrace Australian society or those who bring their society along with it. I went to gold coast (awesome place) and china town is huge there!

No ive never known that term (not from the east side;)) but its ovbious what it means lol i do agree with your second paragraph though

No ive never known that term(not from the east side;)) i do agree with your second paragraph though

Well, it is basically a swimsuit for Muslim women and it covers the whole body... they were made by some lebanese (or some other arab) woman and they became popular with Muslims wanting to go to the beaches.

Whereabouts in Australia do you live? I've lived in Sydney and Canberra. Good memories... I used to ride my bike to school and I liked the sound the wheels made on the frost covered grass on Canberra's mornings.

I see :tup:

I moved to Dubai two years ago and while I like Dubai a lot, I would just like to visit Australia once again... but I am planning to go there for uni anyway.

Theres nothing wrong with being proud of your roots and caring for the country that you originally came from.

People travel outside their country for different reasons. Seeking better jobs, better education, etc... Even if their heart is with the country they are originally from, it shouldn't matter to you.

Maybe they are in Australia only temporarily. Or maybe they see both Lebanon and Australia as their homes and travel back and forth.

Depends on your definition of loyalty-one person can be only loyal to one or both countries depending on the definition of it.

Depends on your definition of loyalty-one person can be only loyal to one or both countries depending on the definition of it.

say your watching the cricket world cup , and go for both australia and pakistan;)

say your watching the cricket world cup , and go for both australia and pakistan;)

There is no question of loyalty in it is it , its just preference ;)

I would support Pakistan - because i have met few of Pakistani players but i will support Adam Gilchrist if he is playing - because i met him too:D

If that is your definition of loyalty, then no! I am loyal to my country of origin only! We desis are like this only!

IMHO, loyalty should be defined as respecting and accepting the cultures and traditions of the country that one migrates to, respect and follow their rules and laws, assimilate into their culture and contribute your rich traditions to the new land. If you are unable to do that, stay at home and try be loyal to where you belong.

Back
Top Bottom