What's new

Army receives Air Defence Missile Carriers

Neo

RETIRED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Saturday, December 02, 2006

Army receives Air Defence Missile Carriers

ISLAMABAD: Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC) General Ehsan Ul Haq said on Friday that strengthening the country’s national defence was a government priority.

Speaking at the handing-over ceremony of indigenously built Air Defence Missile Carriers to regiments of the Pakistan Army at the Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT), Gen Ehsan said that the government was focusing on the operational preparedness of the armed forces, of which the Armed Forces Development Plan (AFDP) was a component. Rapid mobility, armoured protection and integral air defence elements were central to modernising the Pakistan Army, he added. The CJSCS said that the unveiling of the air defence missile carriers represented yet another milestone in Pakistan’s indigenous weapons’ capability and would further strengthen the country’s air defence. Earlier, in his welcome address, HIT Chairman Lt Gen Israr Ahmed Ghumman said that HIT was meeting the Pakistan Army’s entire tracked vehicle requirements.

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2006\12\02\story_2-12-2006_pg7_20

I'm trying to find that out bro. The article didn't mention anything, not even the name of the missile!
Some journalist! :disagree:

Neo,

how is the Pakistan Airdefences, They are exceptional in low altitude segment, that much i know

Adu

Neo,

how is the Pakistan Airdefences, They are exceptional in low altitude segment, that much i know

Adu

Medium to high altitude is the problem which is actually one of the things under consideration. SPADA 2000 (components of which were at display at IDEAS 2006) has been in the running for some time.

Low to medium altitude is pretty well covered in terms of capability with Crotales , Chinese LY-60s (derived from Italian Aspide) acquired by both Navy and ground units....this obviously is aside from the locally produced MANPADS (Anza MkII & III), relifed Stingers, RB-70s and Mistrals. Army and PAF have NVG'd the MANPADS solution to have a day/night capability.

Also the PA and PAF have approx 12 batteries of SA-2/HQ-2 SAMs.

What I read recently in the media; India seems to have developed an anti-missile missile, must be to negate Pakistan's medium range Hatf ballistic missiles. Wonder, once IA gains full confidence in their anti missile defences and if a macho Hiduvta party such as BJP is in power, will India seriuosly consider attacking Pakistan with an aim to finishing off the problem altogether??

A pretext can easily be found such as engineering a failed attempt of PM's life and blaming it on ISI. This is a frightening thought but can it be ruled out altogether??. This will solve Kashmir problem for good and I wouldn't put it past a party which has support of Shiv Sena and Bajrang Dal. Dont know any other reason why India is pouring billions of dollars into defence research. Surely IA can't be thinking of taking on China??

Most conflicts start with an air campaign so a strong air defence capability is paramount to Pakistans security.
Looking at wikipedia it mentioned in the PAF section that at IDEAS 2006 the US displayed SL AMRAAM with the PAC 3. The article said both systems were on offer to Pakistan pending a formal request.
SL AMRAAM might be a good option as there will be commonality with the missiles ordered in the F16 deal.

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/surface-launched/
Also check out some of the hardware listed under Industry Products on this website. Expensive for the most part but it would be awesome if available to us!!!

Back
Top Bottom