What's new

Arundhati says Cong is double-faced on Maoists

I think we should ask these so called left intellectuals to stand for elections and see how much votes they get...

Miss Roy are you listening?

She is not exactly mum sieko. I think the quote is self explanatory. Even her article, "walking with the comrades" was critical of Naxal execution squads.

Writer and Naxal sympathiser Arundhati Roy condemned Monday's attack by Naxals on a civilian bus in which at least 41 people were killed but blamed the government for exposing the tribals to the threat by rebels.

. If there were indeed civilians in the bus, it is irresponsible of the government to expose them to harm in a war zone by allowing police and SPOs to use public transport," said Arundhati.

Is this wat u were referring to as condemnation ..?

If the violence initiated was to make others hear you,then I think that phase has passed....their motive seems to be different what they are actually showing...why is it hard for you people to guess ???? They want power in the name of land saving and few people are getting seriously fooled by them.

c'mon guys they are no more saving their land..but I guarantee you, give them two more years and we will have Nepal like situation where maoists would pissing on the democracy and asking for a share in the govt. seats...the power.

The forests are not the tribals private properties...they r national resources and as such should be exploited for the good of the nation
after providing an adequate compensation for the land lost and jobs in the industries that are created..

As i said if everybody had thought "my land..i ll not give" hw come the National highways,power projects,Dams etc could have come up..?

Dont be a complete idiot. The tribals are the poorest of the poor in this country. They are poorer than the dalits. All they have is the land, it is the only thing that helps them survive. They have nothing else, if they sell it off, they would die. Its that simple really. Why should they sell it off to benefit people who live in the cities? Does this concept of the good of the nation only apply when you reap the benefit?

Lets say the Tribals sell their land, will you be willing to sell yours so that they get adequate housing? No? Will you be willing to pay extra taxes so that the government can create more schools and Hospitals for them? No? Will you be ready to stop all infrastructure projects in cities so that the government can create jobs for them in rural India? No? Will you as a "Patriot" be willing to see the Indian defence budget slashed by Half, so that the government can focus on self sustaining models for development for these people? No?

So tell me, why does this concept of the greater good of the nation only apply to people who live in the countryside for the benefit of the people living in cities?

And sorry to disappoint you, Tribal land is not national property, it is land protected by the Indian constitution - You know that thing that actually is the basis of the Indian nation state.

Through Naxalism we people --- the better off in cities --- are made more aware of this systematic exploitation of the tribals, and proper direction will ensure that such is not allowed to continue.

and that is why we need people like Arundhati Roy and the likes.

Is this wat u were referring to as condemnation ..?

Do you have a problem understanding English? Arundhati Roy has always been critical on attacks on civilians, but she supports the ideology of resistance. What part of that do you not comprehend?

I think u didn read my entire post...i said the lands should be mined after adequately compensating the tribals.
But this hobnob AR goes abt saying as if the forests are the private property of the Tribals.
And watever be armed violence doesnt justify anything.

One time compensation is not viable in this case if you really want genuine development in those areas. Those tribals are learned to live on forest products and putting hard cash in their hands is like "giving stone to monkey"(no offence), all they do is spend money on liquor and gambling. What we want is a sustainable development which includes making tribals as permanent stakeholders in the projects which involve lots of land and by providing basic necessities like housing, subsidized food(only at the initial stages) , education, training in vocational courses and creating jobs and there by changing their thought process and attitude. There are lots of mines operating in chattisgadh and jharkand from last 40 years but there is no growth at the grassroots levels, all it does is pushing tribals in to forests and denying them their way of living.

Coming to your second question of rights of tribals on forests. Yes, there is a law that gives tribals free ride on resources of the forest. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest_Rights_Act_(India) provides tribals the right on forest resources.

Fellow pakistani members should also understand that the struggle in baluchistan is not so different to that of maoist struggle i.e., denying the right of natural resources for the locals. One should analyse and mitigate the cause (exploitation) rather than effect (armed rebellion).

Last edited:
I think all those maoist sympathizers don't know their philosophy.

Ask them if tomorrow all the tribal regions become progressive and peaceful a la heaven, will they give up arms and stop killing people?

The answer you get may shock you.

They answer that even then they will not shun violence since their only goal is to gather the power and take over the country by overthrowing the elected governmnet.

They will not take part in elections they do not believe in democracy. They only believe in concurring power by the barrel of gun.

Have you seen any opposition party or any election in China, Cuba, North Korea?

No........

The maoist deserve capital punishment that too on the spot.....period

. If she supports terrorism she deserves all the Abuse

Did your government declared Maoists as Terrorists??

..If TTP attacks your family and then someone start supporting TTP what would you do ?

We dont know what is the general understanding of common Indians about Maoists if you think they are like TTP then why you government is not going all out against them?

You my friend is the one having a pathetic level of intellect..so no need to go personal.o..Mind your language when your opening your big mouth :hitwall:

:lol: Over to you Asim he is calling upon you so you deal with him

One time compensation is not viable in this case if you really want genuine development in those areas. Those tribals are learned to live on forest products and putting hard cash in their hands is like "giving stone to monkey"(no offence), all they do is spend money on liquor and gambling. What we want is a sustainable development which includes making tribals as permanent stakeholders in the projects which involve lots of land and providing basic necessities like education, training in vocational courses and creating jobs and there by changing their thought process and attitude. There are lots of mines operating in chattisgadh and jharkand from last 40 years but there is no growth at the grassroots levels, all it does is pushing tribals in to forests and denying them their way of living.

Coming to your second question of rights of tribals on forests. Yes, there is a law that gives tribals free ride on resources of the forest. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest_Rights_Act_(India) provides tribals the right on forest resources.

Exactly! Well put kallu_be.

If the violence initiated was to make others hear you,then I think that phase has passed....their motive seems to be different what they are actually showing...why is it hard for you people to guess ???? They want power in the name of land saving and few people are getting seriously fooled by them.

c'mon guys they are no more saving their land..but I guarantee you, give them two more years and we will have Nepal like situation where maoists would pissing on the democracy and asking for a share in the govt. seats...the power.

The issue date backs to late sixties so the onus on the Indian government for mishandling the issue.

belive me its a few cunning minds within the Maoists who are misleading the villagers just for power thats it...please please please take example from Nepal.

Are you confusing maoist with tribals.???

There are tribals all over India.

here we are talking about maoist and not about tribals!!!

The issue date backs to late sixties so the onus on the Indian government for mishandling the issue.

the naxalism in the sixties had a different motive, which was justified by many intellectuals but now even they ar condemning these rebels cause they want power now..not welfare of the people...killing innocents was not appreciated by the naxals in the sixties..please serach more.

Forget Arundati Suzanne Roy ,she has deep seated hatred for current composition of India and also has the lucrative job high profile NGO worker who must blame the govt to earn her living.

I come from the state of Odissa where 50% of population is tribal who live in forest areas ,rest of 50% nontribals hardly care for their existence.

The criminal negligence of both the state and center which generates thousands of crore every yrs by iron ores,bauxite and coal ,fails to spend even fews crores on the development of those tribal.
There has been a power vacuum where signs of the Indian state apparatus non existence for large swathe of area.That power has to be filled and Maoist taken charge in the absence of Indian state . And our sheer incompetence only making them more bolder and they are expanding their areas of influence.

Indian corporate sector is only adding fuel to the fire by engaging its heinous deals.The most respecter TATA corporation is busy bribing govt of Odissa to acquire thousands acres of tribal lands in Kalinga Nagar to built steel factory while it has already in possession of a bigger land at Gopalpur,Odissa to built steel factory theree. For last ten yrs ther is no construction activity in the same area,with hardly any hope of seeing a steel factory there in next ten yrs.

Its all about the great *** race among the corporate sector to grab as much land and mines as possible since land prices are rising like anything.

I said for Arundati Suzanne Roy initially, now let me add forget Maoists ,only target the welfare of the tribal and recruit them in the state police force so that they wont have to seek employment from the Maoist cadres.

the naxalism in the sixties had a different motive, which was justified by many intellectuals but now even they ar condemning these rebels cause they want power now..not welfare of the people...killing innocents was not appreciated by the naxals in the sixties..please serach more.

Sure i will and will post too But the question again so many decades passed what exactly the Indian govt did to solve the problem ?

Why the issue has come to this point where they are now killing Indian forces so brutally and oh i forgot the beheading trend recently we saw in India too.

What if they start suicide bombing ? Dont you think in that case it will be out of control of India totally

Back
Top Bottom