What's new

At last Pakistan is getting J-10

Neo said:
We need to be patient and see what pops up next year. :)
We'll be seing JF-17 in PAF colors flying over Islamabad this year on Sept. 6th, thats for sure.
:flag:

I thought its gonna fly on 14th of August of this year. Did'nt MR.General say that, few days back?

MIG-21 was one of the cheap projects by russia, and imagine how many countries are still using that aircraft now, I would consider JF-17, the future project of similar kind, a reasonably cheap platform for the next few dacades. It's up to other countries now to grab this oppertunity to enhance their Air defence by inducting Thunder.

It all depends on how lethal the export version will be and what additional systems are available to meet buyers desires.
There's a huge number of Mig-21's/J-7's, Mig-23/27's, Su-22's, Mirage F-1's, F-5's, F-4's in service with many airforces in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
JF-17 comes half as cheap as the Russian Mig-29 and less than a third of modern European or US designs.
Unlike western markets buying from Pakistan or China is not an onject for future sanctions.

JF-17 will make it big, its already being marketed in atleast four countries.

Bangladesh should have gone for them.

Will Iran still go for JF-17s or will they go for J-10's now that China is selling them, or at least selling to PAkistan so that should mean they're up to give it to others or no?

Averröes said:
Bangladesh should have gone for them.

Will Iran still go for JF-17s or will they go for J-10's now that China is selling them, or at least selling to PAkistan so that should mean they're up to give it to others or no?

I have never heard about Iran getting J-10 or China's willingness to sell it to Iran. The only country they are selling it to, as far as i know is Pakistan. They are probably going after russian Jet fighters. Yeah countries like Bangladesh should make efforts to induct these advance tech fighters at relatively cheap price.

melb4aust said:
I have never heard about Iran getting J-10 or China's willingness to sell it to Iran. The only country they are selling it to, as far as i know is Pakistan. They are probably going after russian Jet fighters. Yeah countries like Bangladesh should make efforts to induct these advance tech fighters at relatively cheap price.

the difference between the production cost of j-10 in 2005 and su-27sk's sales price in 90's last century is less than $400 milliom.

As Salam O Alaikum Brothers
I hope you dont mind my asking a question, which has been on my mind for sometime.Mods if you feel otherwise, please feel free to shift to the relevant Q+A section.
So far in this F16, J10 debate, the general consensus has been thatJ10 is being bought partly for its potential for upgrade and partly to counter any move from Uncle Sam to block the sale as they did in the late 80s. If this assumption is correct, it is logical to assume that J10 should come more or less the same time as F16, otherwise if we leave the order late, we will have a gap in capability of approximately 2-3 years when PAForders and acquires J10.If the above hypothesis is correct then why are we not hearing any news about J10 at the moment and is it sensible to wait for the C+D versions before we order? In the lightof above can somebody shed any light on when the order for J10 would be placed(Ihave mostly heard 2009) Is it also logical to assume that it reflects PAFs faith in JF17 Thunder?Replies would be deeply appreciated
WaSalam
Araz

jiangxueen2k said:
the difference between the production cost of j-10 in 2005 and su-27sk's sales price in 90's last century is less than $400 milliom.

it should be $4million.:D

afterall, atleast we got fc-1 as our Joint Strike Fighter, while the west got f-35 as their JSF.... lol (the important thing is friendship!!)

hopefully the we can sell fc-1 to all the third world countries.....

JSF is the low tech of F22. It is not exactly cheap an neither is it operating well without the western setup with AWACS/JS with netcentric approach. There is none of that in Pak India. A simple JF17 with BVR will do point defence. Attack options are more then plenty and they both have their last reaction in sea, land and air variant let us forget the BM or CM...

araz said:
F16, J10 debate,is being bought to counter any move from Uncle Sam to block the sale as they did in the late 80s. If this assumption is correct, it is logical to assume that J10 should come more or less the same time as F16, otherwise if we leave the order late, we will have a gap in capability of approximately 2-3 years when PAForders and acquires J10.If the above hypothesis is correct then why are we not hearing any news about J10 at the moment and is it sensible to wait for the C+D versions before we order?

So PAF wants to get J10 as well as FC-1? It doesnt make sense, I mean the FC-1, J10 and F-16 are all pretty similar aircrafts.

sigatoka said:
So PAF wants to get J10 as well as FC-1? It doesnt make sense, I mean the FC-1, J10 and F-16 are all pretty similar aircrafts.

There's got to be some differences, because of what they are buying all those fighter jets. Plus they are gona assign a different role to each class.

With F-16's they are getting advance avionics and missiles, as well as Pakistan is well aware of F-16 platform, because they have been using those jets for the last few decades.

J-10 is the alternative if some thing goes wrong with the F-16 deal which is unlikely to happen. Even its an alternative still PAF like to have this jet in its inventory because J-10 itself is one of the advance fighter jets and alot cheaper option as compared to F-16's. Can become handy in future along with JXX.

FC-1 without any doubt is going to be the back-bone of PAF. More than 150 birds with advance avionics and hell alot cheap. Thunder is th future of AC manufacturing industry in Pakistan. After few years of developement Pakistan may have not to rely much on western world.

Would it be safe to say that Pakistani pilots won't encounter any difficulties in mastering these planes as they've been using chinese built planes for decades? and that it wouldn't take that long to train squadrons for these jets, as it would if it was an entirely new type of jet equipment?

FC-1 is extremely undertested. You don't add new intakes and strengthen parts of the plane and add a new engine without spending years to test. That's why your own Air Commander said it would take several years yet for the FC-1 to enter the airforce as Pakistan would take over testing with batches of planes from next year.

Frankly, I think the FC-1 is a step back from F-16.

I would not be surprised that if Pakistan behaves like a gentleman with the F-16s, that Americans would outfit the FC-1.

J-10 still has an overweight engine, some 20% necessitating an overly large intake, again 20% resulting in the four bars on each side so that the intake don't fall off. I would not be expecting Eurofighter or Rafale performance soon unless a new lighter engine and some redesign is done. That's why the engineer of FC-1 said it would take 5 years for a more stealthy and improved J-10 to come out. More testing.

MrConcerned said:
FC-1 is extremely undertested. You don't add new intakes and strengthen parts of the plane and add a new engine without spending years to test. That's why your own Air Commander said it would take several years yet for the FC-1 to enter the airforce as Pakistan would take over testing with batches of planes from next year.

Frankly, I think the FC-1 is a step back from F-16.

I would not be surprised that if Pakistan behaves like a gentleman with the F-16s, that Americans would outfit the FC-1.

J-10 still has an overweight engine, some 20% necessitating an overly large intake, again 20% resulting in the four bars on each side so that the intake don't fall off. I would not be expecting Eurofighter or Rafale performance soon unless a new lighter engine and some redesign is done. That's why the engineer of FC-1 said it would take 5 years for a more stealthy and improved J-10 to come out. More testing.
hopfully WS-10A will be ready for j-10 soon

Pakistan to get F-10 warplanes, JF 17 thunder aircrafts from China: Gen Ahsan

Thursday August 03, 2006 (0323 PST)

ISLAMABAD, August 02 (Online): Chairman Joint Chief of Staff Committee (JCSC) Gen Ahsan-ul-Haq has said Pakistan will obtain modern F-10 warplanes and JF 17 thunder aircrafts from China.

Talking to private TV channel on Wednesday, General Ahsan-ul-Haq further said Pakistan has sought help from China in field of Space Technology adding that JF 17 thunder aircrafts are being prepared with the joint collaboration of China and Pakistan Air Force (PAF).

Pakistan and China are taking initiatives to boost and strengthen the defence and security relations between them besides expanding bilateral relations, he added. He said negotiations are underway with China also for obtaining of F-10 warplanes.

China has made an "AWACS" airplane after America and now these days one of these aircrafts is in Pakistan adding we are reviewing manufacturing and functioning of AWACS plane after which negotiations would be held with China for their acquirement. The progress is underway to obtain 22 frigates for Pakistan Navy, he added.

Following visit of President Gen Pervez Musharraf to China, cooperation in Defence and security fields has been expedited.
Chairman JCSC Ahsan-ul-Haq expressed his gratitude for China's assistance in fields of defence and security.

http://www.paktribune.com/news/index.shtml?151362

Back
Top Bottom