What's new

Avalanche traps about 150 Pakistani soldiers

AA I love the change you have undergone on this forum.
At least that's one of us. I don't take any joy in being this critical of the United States, a country whose culture that I've grown up with.

Firstly the US does not need to use this cheap tactic to send spies. The team I suspect will consist not only of Search and Rescue people but will also advise the PA on the probable cause of the mud slide etc. I am sure Kyani is not sending them there for bird watching

These aren't things Pakistani commentators have stated oh and when it comes to the CIA and its dirty tactics there is nothing they would stoop to. Let's not start this here, just pointed this out since you were shocked and disappointed - I wanted to tell you that there is reason behind this, not just "I don't like the USA, so let our people die, but no to USA". It's not like that.

I'm sure there is good advisory help from US experts, but my guess is there would be at least some spies in this team as well.

looking at the pictures of affected area it looks like it will take another couple of days to find any trace of buried soldiers. i don't want to say it but unfortunately there is little or no hope now.

EPIC FAIL? IT ASKS A QUESTION BUT DOES NOT CONFIRM THEY WERE INDEED SENT.

Did the US use the 2005 Kashmir earthquake to send JSOC operatives into Pakistan? That’s the bold-faced charge the authors make in The Command. They say that the US intelligence community “took advantage of the chaos to spread resources of its own” into Pakistan.” Using valid US passports and posing as construction and aid workers, dozens of Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) operatives and contractors flooded in without the requisite background checks from Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) spy agency.

EPIC FAIL? IT ASKS A QUESTION BUT DOES NOT CONFIRM THEY WERE INDEED SENT.

Did the US use the 2005 Kashmir earthquake to send JSOC operatives into Pakistan? That’s the bold-faced charge the authors make in The Command. They say that the US intelligence community “took advantage of the chaos to spread resources of its own” into Pakistan.” Using valid US passports and posing as construction and aid workers, dozens of Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) operatives and contractors flooded in without the requisite background checks from Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) spy agency.
This was mentioned in book of The Command: Deep Inside the President's Secret Army - Marc Ambinder, D. B. Grady - Google Books

Description of Book
The U.S. Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) has proven to be the most lethal weapon in the president's arsenal. Shrouded in secrecy, the Command has done more to degrade the capacity of terrorists to attack the United States than any other single entity. And counter-terrorism is only one of its many missions. Because of such high profile missions as Operation Neptune's Spear, which resulted in the death of Osama bin Laden, JSOC has attracted the public's attention. But Americans only know a fraction of the real story.
It is written by American not Pakistan ( If you don't believe him then i hope you also don't believe other BS about Pakistan that comes from the white house deliberate leaks through NYT/WSJ/WP).

Marc Ambinder is the White House correspondent for National Journal and a contributing editor at The Atlantic.

For, They will never walk alone. !!!

Published just before the tragedy.

4340_mini.jpg

What i find somewhat remarkable is that albeit some distance away, but the camp was established in the line of the Glacier.!!

av3.png
You are right, but there's a very valid reason behind its placement. i dont know if you can spot the location in GE, if yes then you could see that this is the only location available for the camp as:

1) If you go towards south of this location you are just over the terminal moraine of another perennial slide/avalanche site.

2) If you go further wards the North, the river bed tends to dissect into arteries thus making the place swapy and un-livable, also flash floods are a matter of concern.

(you have to know the area to understand this, i cant post the coordinates of else you could have seen what i want to say here)

3) The place to which you are referring as 'line of the Glacier' is called a Col (google it) or a Saddle and these being approachable are supposed to be guarded in strength, so placing the camp right at its mouth so that any enemy ingress can be checked was the right decision.

i hope this satisfies you concern?

This was mentioned in book of The Command: Deep Inside the President's Secret Army - Marc Ambinder, D. B. Grady - Google Books

Description of Book
It is written by American not Pakistan ( If you don't believe him then i hope you also don't believe other BS about Pakistan that comes from the white house deliberate leaks through NYT/WSJ/WP).

Marc Ambinder is the White House correspondent for National Journal and a contributing editor at The Atlantic.

CONVERSELY if he is bum chums with the CIA he would not be asking that question would he ?

CONVERSELY if he is bum chums with the CIA he would not be asking that question would he ?
Author of book was not asking the question - That was just rhetorical question by Blake Hounsh ( ForeignPolicy Editor - He is not the author of the book)?

Author of book was not asking the question - That was just rhetorical question by Blake Hounsh ( ForeignPolicy Editor - He is not the author of the book)?

At the end of the day it was upto ISI to vet them so why blame the US?

You are right, but there's a very valid reason behind its placement. i dont know if you can spot the location in GE, if yes then you could see that this is the only location available for the camp as:

1) If you go towards south of this location you are just over the terminal moraine of another perennial slide/avalanche site.

2) If you go further towards the North, the river bed tends to dissect into arteries thus making the place swapy and un-livable, also flash floods are a matter of concern.

(you have to know the area to understand this, i cant post the coordinates of else you could have seen what i want to say here)

3) The place to which you are referring as 'line of the Glacier' is called a Col (google it) or a Saddle and these being approachable are supposed to be guarded in strength, so placing the camp right at its mouth so that any enemy ingress can be checked was the right decision.

i hope this satisfies you concern?

Here, let me explain my above quoted post with the help of pics:-

Ref point 1 above (If you go towards south of this location you are just over the terminal moraine of another prenial slide/avalanche site):

--------------------------------

Ref point 2 above (If you go further wards the North, the river bed tends to dissect into arteries just making the place swapy and un-livable, also flash floods are also a matter of concern):

Why Pakistan just a country to receive bad news everyday now avalanches ? That's alot of headaches.

Pakistan need to have advanced communication signals tracking systems to monitor trapped soldiers if necessary, not just sniffer dogs and other equipments.

A team of 6 Swiss, and 3 German experts is due to arrive tonight.

Dozers and snow ploughing machines have also been brought to the area now.

according to this some people have been found

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom