What's new

BAE may cut Typhoon price to win India order

Jade

Reaction score
Country
India
LONDON: British defence company BAE Systems is looking at all options to win back a $20 billion tender with the Indian air force, the company's chief executive told the Financial Times on Tuesday.

"I will be discussing with our partners what we do next. In my view, all options are on the table," BAE Chief Executive Ian King was quoted by the FT as saying.

India preferred a bid from France's Dassault aviation last month, after competing with BAE to secure a 126 aircraft contract.

Dassault's Rafale fighter jet undercut BAE's Eurofighter Typhoon, an Indian government source told Reuters when the contract was agreed.

The FT cited King as saying BAE was considering reducing the price of the Typhoon, but needed to consult with its partners in Germany, Italy and Spain on the best options open.

BAE Systems may consider cut to Typhoon price: Report - The Economic Times

BAE may cut Typhoon price to win India order - Telegraph

its still gonna be hard.price is the main factor but not the only reason why rafale won.4 countries against 1.and the 1 country has proven us that it can be trusted.britain can never be trusted.and full ToT from french and experience with french planes.Rafale all the way.Hope they dont change their minds

well usually prices are cut during last bidding...what is its use after loosing the bid?

Is this fair for the L1 bidder? I mean whats the point of having a secret bid then?

Is this fair for the L1 bidder? I mean whats the point of having a secret bid then?

it ain't fair...rafale has won legally and i do not think BAE can ask for bidding again..

it ain't fair...rafale has won legally and i do not think BAE can ask for bidding again..

I don't see any issue here. In my opinion, while we have having a discussion with Rafale we can simultaneously discuss with EFT. I am sure, to win the contract they will through some mind blowing packages. I will not be surprise if Rafale cuts the price and gives us something additionally which is not in the scene yet.

This can also be helpful if the talks with Rafale doesn't work out(In case of UAE). We will be able to save some time with EFT.

In this scenario we can bargain better. In case of Price, TOT, Help on other projects (Engine, Radar etc.).

I think we should discuss with both companies but preference should be given to Rafale.

:sniper:

I don't see any issue here. In my opinion, while we have having a discussion with Rafale we can simultaneously discuss with EFT. I am sure, to win the contract they will through some mind blowing packages. I will not be surprise if Rafale cuts the price and gives us something additionally which is not in the scene yet.

This can also be helpful if the talks with Rafale doesn't work out(In case of UAE). We will be able to save some time with EFT.

In this scenario we can bargain better. In case of Price, TOT, Help on other projects (Engine, Radar etc.).

I think we should discuss with both companies but preference should be given to Rafale.

I totally agree with you.:cheers:

Hope EFT and Rafale doesn't drag the negotiation for another 2 years...:unsure:

if we allow this then other MMRCA contestants will demand it too..it will completely ruin our image...competitions are held for a reason and bidding is done for a reason...

cut the price and place a better air to ground capability on the EFT then we will think about it

A message to britian sthanis ....

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ exactly my point dude i was being sarcastic, the EFT as of now can only drop a LGB and thats it its air to air capability is nothing short of perfect but its air to ground capability can best be described as quite rudimentary for a hyped fighter.

Back
Top Bottom