What's new

Bag of money: Nehru and Azad

The First and any of the other 'education ministers' of India has NOT dong a even a decent job of educating India. Forget about a 'good job' or a 'pretty good job'.

64 years and we are still NOT 98% literate. China started with a much larger population and with the same level of literacy and is now fully literate.

Not praising him needlessly here. Comparison of India with China is very unjustified for the simple reason that China was under dictatorship. If such achievement is everything with no regard to other aspects of life, then Germany under Hitler achieved the most.

I do praise Maulana Azad for the fact that education ministry under him did not try to indoctrinate the Indians the way it is done in almost all other countries, even more so in those who have recently gotten independence.

To say the least and in the words you can comprehend - the IITs that almost all Indians are so proud of, were a creation of his vision. It was his emphasis on IIS and IIT that brought these institutes to such heights they enjoy today. But not merely the elite institutions, the sarkari schools we see strewn across India were his creation, heck, even the UGC came into being under his ministry.

Please tell us, what other education minister in India ever achieved anything even near to what Azad achieved in a very short span of time in a recently born bloody, chaotic India?

Few in India were as learned as was Maulana to be fit for a post from where they could educate youth of India.

On topic - I cannot understand how Nehru would say such a thing about Maulana Azad who was one of those closest to Nehru, and almost always sided with Nehru whenever a conflict of ideas cropped up between Nehru and Patel.

I do not expect him to stop his comment against hinduism or India, NOR do I expect you to stop commenting against Hinduism or India.

Conflating Hinduism with India.

Pretty much gives you the right to mark anyone as a traitor if they question Hinduism right? Where have I heard that before?

Islam and Pakistan? No....

anyway.... I am out. I know how the whole song and dance goes. bye :wave:

Not praising him needlessly here. Comparison of India with China is very unjustified for the simple reason that China was under dictatorship. If such achievement is everything with no regard to other aspects of life, then Germany under Hitler achieved the most.

I do praise Maulana Azad for the fact that education ministry under him did not try to indoctrinate the Indians the way it is done in almost all other countries, even more so in those who have recently gotten independence.

To say the least and in the words you can comprehend - the IITs that almost all Indians are so proud of, were a creation of his vision. It was his emphasis on IIS and IIT that brought these institutes to such heights they enjoy today. But not merely the elite institutions, the sarkari schools we see strewn across India were his creation, heck, even the UGC came into being under his ministry.

Please tell us, what other education minister in India ever achieved anything even near to what Azad achieved in a very short span of time in a recently born bloody, chaotic India?

Few in India were as learned as was Maulana to be fit for a post from where they could educate youth of India.

On topic - I cannot understand how Nehru would say such a thing about Maulana Azad who was one of those closest to Nehru, and almost always sided with Nehru whenever a conflict of ideas cropped up between Nehru and Patel.

Your posts have multiple LIES, possible based out of ignorance and popular congress propaganda. Let me correct it one by one.

1. IIT was stared by Maulana Azad.

Ans. WRONG. The whole Idea of IIT was started with a patriotic Parsi Indian called Ardeshir Dalal who was an ICS (old IAS) officer under the British and later joined Tata Steel as director.

He was part of the Viceroy's post war Executive Council as Member-in-Charge of Planning and Development. He was the one who first set up the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research and requested the US government to offer hundreds of doctoral fellowships under the Technology Cooperation Mission (TCM) program.

Since this manpower was inadequate, he initiated the idea to set up institutes to train technical staff. N M Sircar who was the member of Education on Vicerory’s Executive Council, first give the idea of IIT.

2. India is illiterate because it is democracy

Ans. WRONG. Kerala is a democracy, yet it is almost 100% literate so is Mizoram. Sri Lanka is a democracy and yet it is almost 100% literate,

Thailand, Burma, Indonesia, Malaysia, USA are all almost 100% literate. Most of them are democracies.

Literacy needs POLITICAL WILL, Not Dictatorship.

3. No need to point to other Education ministers in states where we have 100% literary, is there ? As I said, Maulana azad Failed to put in place a system that will ensure 100% literary in India. Non of his successors did it either.

Conflating Hinduism with India.

Pretty much gives you the right to mark anyone as a traitor if they question Hinduism right? Where have I heard that before?

Islam and Pakistan? No....

anyway.... I am out. I know how the whole song and dance goes. bye :wave:

LOL. Weaseling out.

I will catch you the next time you are here to bad mouth Hinduism or India. I know you will do it, and I will be waiting. :P

Islam and Pakistan. Of course YES. ...........what are you smoking ? :lol:

Hindusim and India ..........YES. Which other country in the world has Hindus ? :cheesy: ............new zealand ?

Hindus get to question Hinduism, Non Hindus get to question their own faith. How does that sound ?

Why don't you start questioning christianity and islam too just to show your 'secular' credentials ? ...........strangely I have never seen you do either. :devil:

Last edited:
Nehru writes in his biography

how mullah Azad would go to him to beg, and leave when Nehru would hand him a bag of money.

Can you imagine this?

Can you?

These champions of Islam, these so called Ulemas, throwing $hit on Jinnah while taking bags of money from Nehru?

Doesn't it make you feel angry? or even more?

Will you have the INTELLECTUAL HONESTY and PERSONAL INTEGRITY to quote the relevant part of Nehru's autobiography to SUBSTANTIATE whatever you CLAIM ??

I will await your reply........

It is in Nehru's biography yaar.

Buy the book. This is what every book writer wants. Right?

Oye, MIYAN FARJI-HISTORIAN ; quote the book if you can !

Your posts have multiple LIES, possible based out of ignorance and popular congress propaganda. Let me correct it one by one.

Why don't you start questioning christianity and islam too just to show your 'secular' credentials ? ...........strangely I have never seen you do either. :devil:

Actually I have.

I have said many times that Islam and Christianity are likely fairy tales. Parables that seek to enforce morals that were culturally specific at that point in time.

Bible has jesus turning water into Wine. Quran has Muhammad turning splitting the Moon. A logical person cannot possibly believe in events that stands contradictory to reason.

Go have a look in the Mahabharat thread.

And you can quote me on this. I think every religion is magical superstition.

Including Islam and Christianity. They are magical superstition.

Actually I have.
I have said many times that Islam and Christianity are likely fairy tales. Parables that seek to enforce morals that were culturally specific at that point in time.
Bible has jesus turning water into Wine. Quran has Muhammad turning splitting the Moon. A logical person cannot possibly believe in events that stands contradictory to reason.
Go have a look in the Mahabharat thread.
And you can quote me on this. I think every religion is magical superstition.
Including Islam and Christianity. They are magical superstition.

So it is clear you have NO idea of Hinduism.

Now since that is clearly established, kindly refrain from talking about Hinduism without learning it.

So it is clear you have NO idea of Hinduism.

Now since that is clearly established, kindly refrain from talking about Hinduism without learning it.

if something impact your lives you have a right to comment on it.

And you have the right to correct me and present a counter argument pointing out flaws in my argument. And I welcome you to do so. I will read it, and make sure that if I get something objectively wrong I will make corrections.

This notion of don't comment on this religion without learning it sounds a dodge to me.

I can't comment on the deeper aspects of Hinduism, but I can comment on the cosmetic ideas.

Wait a minute, are you a Mallu Nair?

if something impact your lives you have a right to comment on it.

And you have the right to correct me and present a counter argument pointing out flaws in my argument. And I welcome you to do so. I will read it, and make sure that if I get something objectively wrong I will make corrections.

This notion of don't comment on this religion without learning it sounds a dodge to me.

I can't comment on the deeper aspects of Hinduism, but I can comment on the cosmetic ideas.

Wait a minute, are you a Mallu Nair?

Hey; don't get diverted by the obtuse posts of this Mritunjaya fellow.
What is this godammed thread about, for godsakes?
While the guy who you are addressing your post towards; has only one "hobby-horse" to ride; and can only derail threads.......like he has done to this one.

how mullah Azad would go to him to beg, and leave when Nehru would hand him a bag of money.

Can you imagine this?

Can you?

These champions of Islam, these so called Ulemas, throwing $hit on Jinnah while taking bags of money from Nehru?

BS

Can you imagine this?

Can you?

I do not discount it either...that Nehru guy to get power...he could have done anything....He demonized very powerful and nationalistic people of independent India like Sardar Patel..So nothing is unexpected out of him...This is the same kind of legacy even the existing CONGI party is following with handing out freebies and appeasement to minority without really looking after the overall development and integrating them with mainstream India...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom