What's new

Baithak: Cultures & Colors of Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has so much to do with insecurity - read the posts of the people who think people who have pride in their ethnic identity will break apart Pakistan and such. Regional and National identities are not mutually exclusive. They can happily co-exist without either pre-empting the other.
Well may be those posters believe in "United we stand, divided we fall". I agree different ethnic groups are good for society as they add spice and diversity but if there is no integration then all these advantages are no good. The idea should be that all citizens should be identified as one and their ethnic identity should be secondary or less important. Adding ethnic prefixes is a subtle form of separatism. Religious idenitity did break apart sub-contininet into india and pakistan. People belong to same ethnicities could not live together because of religious and political differences . Ethnic identity also did break apart east pakistan and west pakistan even when they shared the same religion. Now you have few Baloch separatist nationalist who want to be free on ethnic grounds .

Imagine if someone is loyal to his regional interests/ethnicity more than national interets then he will favor anyone who is good for their region or ethnicity then they would not care for national intersts or how others ethnicities are being treated in a country

If someone is good to pashtuns then he would be their fav leader(example is ANP party) and same is true for punjabi(PMLN) and Muhajir(MQM), sindhi(PPPP) . These parties are not national party in true sense but ethnic parties and they only get vote on ethnic grounds and mostly get vote of those people who belong to their region . Pride in ethnicity mean pride in people belong to that ethnicity and those who belong to others ethnicities don’t become as important as people belong to your ethnicities . You don’t have to be intellectual to understand this

The rest of your post is so abstract and out of practical world that I will not reply. People everywhere have pride in their regional/linguistic/national identities. It is something that gives them a sense of belonging, a root that can be easily transformed into a positive action for the well being of the community as a whole. And all this can happen without crossing the fine line and end up discriminating the other.
Well as I said you don’t have any reasons for having pride in your regional/ethnic identities. If you were born in punjabi or pashtun ethnicity or in different region then you would also show pride in those ethnicties without any reasons or without even second thought. so you have no choice but to keep this so called pride or sense of belonging to any ethnicity/race/colour you are born without any choice. Your pride in your ethnicity is by luck not by choice :)

its a nice thread, should carry on with it.

Yes i liked the introduction of 'Palay khan'....In this format as an informative thread , yes i like it too.

but I just realized its already changed from pakhtoon thread to Pakistan thread...

we should have like 6-8 informative threads about each of Pakistan's region and history of the region and its heroes.

I am not punjabi,but put it this way...
There are Pathans living in Punjab without any problem,and nobody bugs them.
Try living in tribal areas or Rural Balochistan as a Punjabi or karachiite.......
You cant. You will be rediculed eryday.
While in Punjab,Pathans are given respect and adressed as 'khan sahib'.
In Pushtoon areas its 'Deh kho punjabayan dey' as in thease are scum bags...
So there is the difference...

well you are right but its because tribal areas is not as advanced/developed as Punjab or Punjabi. I am talking about education/awareness and also they dont have this habit of living with punjabi . I mean in tribal areas you cannot even communicate with them because only few of them understand urdu. So you have to learned their language to communicate with them. people only become open and broad minded when they get chance of interaction with people belong to different groups

but I just realized its already changed from pakhtoon thread to Pakistan thread...

we should have like 6-8 informative threads about each of Pakistan's region and history of the region and its heroes.

The thread with a generalized name will bring together all ethnic chest thumpers..
Open a Punjabi,Pukhtoon,Baloch,Sindhi thread and all zealots will remain enclosed in their corners without mixing..
Mixing is what we need in Pakistan...
I had never ever seen a Baloch or sindhi in Hazara where i spent much part of my life...
We had shops and businesses of people from Iran,who ran away during the revolution..but no Baloch or sindhi business..
Because to them,moving out of their areas is like going abroad...
The root cause of alienation among ethnicities is that we dont consider all Pakistan as ours,just the areas of our own ethnic majority...

@ Safriz I understand your point.

But If Pashtun people happy with their history, then they should know we Pakistanis celebrate it with them.

Maybe I have become Pashtun, but If webby and co allow tamil gupshup, then why not pashtun gupshup?

Pashtuns never discourage us, but then most of us are not interested in learning their language either.

@ Safriz I understand your point.

But If Pashtun people happy with their history, then they should know we Pakistanis celebrate it with them.

Maybe I have become Pashtun, but If webby and co allow tamil gupshup, then why not pashtun gupshup?

Pashtuns never discourage us, but then most of us are not interested in learning their language either.
I give a damn about a thread,if i like it i will join in,if i dont i wont click there..
My point is 'ethnic mixing' which isnt there in Pakistan.
Most Punjabis are fine with marrying a Pathan,Baloch or Sindhi.
Even among our area,Hazara,inter ethnic marriages arent frowned upon.
Try marrying an Afridi or Mohmand or even a 'shehri' pushtoon girl from Peshawar city girl,and just because you arent Pushtoon,there will be a bullet in your head...
Same goes for Rural Balochistan and interior sindh..
Does that match with the most troubled areas of Pakistan?
I think it does...

I give a damn about a thread,if i like it i will join in,if i dont i wont click there..
My point is 'ethnic mixing' which isnt there in Pakistan.
Most Punjabis are fine with marrying a Pathan,Baloch or Sindhi.
Even among our area,Hazara,inter ethnic marriages arent frowned upon.
Try marrying an Afridi or Mohmand or even a 'shehri' pushtoon girl from Peshawar city girl,and just because you arent Pushtoon,there will be a bullet in your head...
Same goes for Rural Balochistan and interior sindh..
Does that match with the most trounled areas of Pakistan?
I think it does...

Bhai jaan, Pashtuns marry their daughters off to anyone that is in Jamaat, no matter what race.

So do you think I am saying something false here?

Bhai jaan, Pashtuns marry their daughters off to anyone that is in Jamaat, no matter what race.

So do you think I am saying something false here?

You are wrong here.
And its not only Pushtoons...
Include Balochistan and interior sindh in the list...

Many people wont like my comments,but we dont get to discussing these 'important' issues in real life...why not on the internet ?

You are wrong here.
And its not only Pushtoons...
Include Balochistan and interior sindh in the list...

Well my own family is Arain, but we also don't marry outside of our race, but it is not due to thinking anyone is beneath us.

Well my own family is Arain, but we also don't marry outside of our race, but it is not due to thinking anyone is beneath us.

Exactly.... Many ethnicities in Punjab are the same...
So whats your reason of not allowing your girls marry outside your ethnicity?
Or boys for that matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom