What's new

Bangladesh General Election : 2018

1. BD = 29/290 = 10%
Do not inflate GDP figures. "The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in Bangladesh was worth 249.72 billion US dollars in 2017". And the loan is $45 billion.

So, as a percentage of GDP the loan stands at, ($45 billion/$250 billion) x 100 = 18% which is very high. Think of the $18 billion Russian loans on Rooppur, it will be going up continuously for the next few years. The total will then reach $63 billion by 2023. GoB will be taking more loans to pay back the arrears with interest. The bad cycle will start very soon.

You may ask the GoB to import a few high-quality printing machines from Japan and create billions of dollars inside the country to pay back the loans.

Do not inflate GDP figures. "The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in Bangladesh was worth 249.72 billion US dollars in 2017". And the loan is $45 billion.

So, as a percentage of GDP the loan stands at, ($45 billion/$250 billion) x 100 = 18% which is very high. Think of the $18 billion Russian loans on Rooppur, it will be going up continuously for the next few years. The total will then reach $63 billion by 2023. GoB will be taking more loans to pay back the arrears with interest. The bad cycle will start very soon.

You may ask the GoB to import a few high-quality printing machines from Japan and create billions of dollars inside the country to pay back the loans.

This is 2018 and the GDP is around 290 billion US dollars.

Russian loan(12 billion US dollar in total) cannot be wholly added as it has only be partially used up. As the nuclear plant is completed by 2023/2024 then feel free to add it wholly - by then BD GDP will be around 500 billion US dollars.

BD only needs to pay back any money in 2027 when the GDP is set to hit 1 trillion US dollars.

Do not you understand when SAARC without this and that failed how it is possible to organize a better one? SAARC could have become a platform to change the bilateral relationships based on which to keep on setting new goals. It is already a big ZERO.

I know but SAARC was a long time ago. I am talking about the future, just being optimistic about the future, didn't say it will definitely happen.

It is looking like Ershad's 1988 or BNP's first 1996 election...

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

If am not wrong BNP's 96 election was temporary as they did it to form caretaker govt bill.
But what happened now a farce .BNP had to play in a unfavorable field Govt. Law enforcing Agency were busy how to wipes out bnp supporter and polling agent even candidate. This election once again prove our political culture not yet change and we need caretaker or any non political interim govt structure to conducting Election.

You have made a good point about strong institutions.

Problem is that democracy and development are not really compatible.
Look at where India is now compared to China. Granted the multi-ethnic nature of India has also played a part as well in lack of Indian economic development.
BD probably needs between 10-15 more years when it will be ready for real democracy.
AL will win easily now and it will be interesting to see what they start doing as regards the institutions during the new tenure.

"Problem is that democracy and development are not really compatible."

Uhhh....the United States comes to mind?

If am not wrong BNP's 96 election was temporary as they did it to form caretaker govt bill.
But what happened now a farce .BNP had to play in a unfavorable field Govt. Law enforcing Agency were busy how to wipes out bnp supporter and polling agent even candidate. This election once again prove our political culture not yet change and we need caretaker or any non political interim govt structure to conducting Election.

In our constituency, Oikya Front and all the independent candidates had already boycotted the elections by 1pm due to massive vote rigging. Our polling center opened 4 hours later than the official time and when the voters appeared at the center, they were returned without voting suggesting their votes were already cast. It would have been my first vote!

My relatives from Dhaka also had a similar experience as they said.

What surprised me the most is the enthusiasm of Oikya Front that it would be a free and fair election this time. What exactly made them so confident?

Did I not tell you not to quote me ever again?

My mistake, will add you to my ignore list so I do not want to waste time if you ever quote me again.

e61.png

"Problem is that democracy and development are not really compatible."

Uhhh....the United States comes to mind?

Do you know when the US become a full democracy?
Hint- It was well after it was fully industrialised.

AL has won election 2018.
Congo to Hasina and her team for winning an election.

2 options left for BNP.

1) If they have people support then let the nation and world know your existence.

Or

2) Perform Tauba and resign form politics. Bd politics is not for you.

Do you know when the US become a full democracy?
Hint- It was well after it was fully industrialised.
My man @UKBengali , I also wanted AL win again in order to Minus Zia family . But if you score over boundary in every ball who will watch the match? So please try to use your brain slightly before dragging usa :hitwall:

Last edited:
This post is for Pakistanis, as the Bangla posters here majority are bunch of frauds hiding information.

Sh. Hasina will screw slave garment workers keeping their minimum wage to around 5000 taka even though she promised the increase.

Sh. Hasina is same as corrupt Zardari in reverse. Developing the city leaving out the rural north with extreme poverty. The people in north divisions are the most vulnerable and poor, ituation pushes them to take major risks to run abroad incl. India where they are harmed. Piling debt or even sell their land to an AL dalaal. This is the kind of sinister planning which would put Rao Farman Ali to shame.

Bangladeshi crap about growth rate their issue is incredible corruption going in in banking sector same what Zardari did. Loan scandals, toxic loans and the bank owners ties to govt. creating a huge monster which will screw the bangladesh reserves pretty soon in coming times.

Back
Top Bottom