What's new

Bangladesh:Gunfight at BDR headquarters

Border force to be re-branded
Mon, Mar 2nd, 2009 10:26 pm BdST

Dhaka, March 2 (bdnews24.com) –A senior army officer said Monday Bangladesh's border force might have its name changed.

"It may change very soon. That's been the decision," the army's chief of general staff lieutenant general Sina Ibne Jamali told reporters Monday.

http://bdnews24.com/details.php?id=77664&cid=2

Guess it was a very premature comment, the entire nation is not on the side of BDR now. It was nothing but a conspiracy. The planners would be found later. But I feel the 20-30 BDR soldiers who actually killed would never be found. They would have left the country by now.

Why is BD bowing down to the white man and asking FBI and SY for help. Doesn't BD have credible and smart people to investigate this themselves? Stop kissing the white man's arse! Same is unfortunately true for Pakistan.

The entire nation was on the side of BDR, but not now...
Many people like me could not realize that they commited so brutal acts to our officers including killing after taking out the eyeballs(which is likely to be done to Maj. Gen. Shakil)... I'm longer on their side after they're exposed with such brutalities...:disagree:

Well i dont think any sane person would believe that. Because everything is going pro-india in bangladesh who would like to disturb that..!!! More over a weak BDR means weak border, So pointing fingers at india would defy logic at this point of time.. But then who would want to destabilise Bangla India Border..!!!! Well no awards for guessess this time..!!!
We in BD believe your establishments don't have our best interests in their hearts.

Why is BD bowing down to the white man and asking FBI and SY for help. Doesn't BD have credible and smart people to investigate this themselves? Stop kissing the white man's arse! Same is unfortunately true for Pakistan.

usually done by govts to show they are taking it seriously.

You mean they have reached India already, are you indirectly poiting out that tis was done by India.
not only him but the majority of the country.Okay lets be honest almost EVERYONE.

You mean they have reached India already, are you indirectly poiting out that tis was done by India.

I am not doing such.

But it is natural,taking the advantage of unguarded border they might try to cross over to India to survive the Army's onslaught.What do you say?

I am hearing a rumour,the BDR men arrested with looted things,those in Abahani ground,are probably killed by Army after investigation.How true is it??

rumors bro.won't be surprised if they turn out to be true.
Nah nope they weren't.They are too valuable in a sense and our army troops aren't stupid.I hope so.

Now only 7 missing, not 72

Dhaka, March 2 (bdnews24.com) – The army on Monday revised the number of its missing officers down to just seven, and that of the dead to 56.

On Saturday, as emotions ran high among the ranks after the massacre by the mutineers, the military intelligence chief Brig Gen Mahmud Hossain said 72 were still missing, 63 were dead and 33 officers were found alive.

Just two days later, the army's chief of general staff lieutenant general Sina Ibne Jamali released names of the seven missing officers to reporters at a briefing Monday.

Col Gulzar Uddin Ahmed, lt col Manzur Elahi, major Abu Sayed Gazzali Dastgir, major Ahmed Azizul Hakim, major Kazi ashraf Hossain, major Makbul Hossain and captain Tanvir Haider Noor.

"Fifty-six bodies of (army) officers have been found. Not 63 (as army intelligence chief)," Gen Jamali said.

"Forty officers were rescued alive."

Asked by the reporters, the general tried to come up with an explanation.

"We took some time to get to this. Those who could give us the information ... we tried to collate various pieces of information ... now we can say only seven are missing ... maybe two-three days later we'll come know about one or two more ... because all these officers came from all over the country ... (they) came from other organisations. There may be errors in case of one or two."

Army inquiry

The general announced the army's own team of investigators will work to unravel the mystery of the Feb 25-25 mutiny.

"An army investigation team led by Lt Gen Jahangir (Alam Chowdhury) will begin work from tomorrow," general Jamali said.

Gen Jahangir is a former BDR chief.

Border force to be re-branded

The general also said Bangladesh's border force might have its name changed. "It may change very soon. That's been the decision."

Sunday's meeting with PM

The general also answered questions about the three-hour meeting between the prime minister, Sheikh Hasina, and the army officers at Sena Kunja Sunday.

"The prime minister came to talk to us. She heard the officers, their woes and complaints.

"She assured them of quick steps according to law.

"And one of the important steps is a special tribunal. If necessary, the parliament will pass necessary legislation.

"(Another is) formation of an independent inquiry committee which will have three officers of the rank of brigadier from our three forces."

The government reconstituted the probe body Monday, naming a former civil servant as its chief and dropping both the home minister and the state minister for law.

Three representatives of the AFD, the new BDR chief and army's Judge Advocate General were made members of the now 11-strong committee.

The previous six-member committee had only one AFD representative.

Now only 7 missing, not 72 :: Bangladesh :: bdnews24.com ::

Massacre a plot to destabilise govt: Pranab

New Delhi, March 2 (bdnews24.com) – India Monday termed the massacre inside the BDR headquarters "barbaric acts" aimed at destabilising a democratically elected government.

In his letter to prime minister Sheikh Hasina, external affairs minister Pranab Mukherjee has also conveyed "deepest condolences" of the Indian government to the people of Bangladesh, the army and the families of those who lost their near and dear ones.

In a separate statement, Mukherjee also told reporters that Bangladesh was capable of resolving the problems stemming from the situation, and it would not meddle in Dhaka's internal affairs.

"The Sheikh Hasina government is competent enough to solve the problem. They know how to deal with the current situation," Mukherjee said in Beherampore in West Bengal.

"The country is being run by a democratically elected government which has come to power with a huge mandate.

"Sheikh Hasina was a prime minister for five years earlier. They will solve all problems on their own," he said.

In his letter, Mukherjee offered "whatever support and assistance that Bangladesh may require at this juncture".

The contents of the letter were disclosed to reporters by external affairs ministry spokesperson Vishnu Prakash in the afternoon.

Massacre a plot to destabilise govt: Pranab :: Bangladesh :: bdnews24.com ::

Weaken an army which posed no threat what so ever to India.

This is what I call over confidence,don't be,a humble request.

Bangladesh has defensive army.So its task is not to attack but not let other attack.Without strong defence in BD,India will have ease dealing with BD regarding many disputes,as it will know that it won't suffer from attacking BD.Our army is designed to inflict maximum damage possible to the invader but not designed to invade others.

Well you are contradicting yourselves. You said we found E Pakistan a military threat and then divided it and now you say they didnt pose any threat.And if you want to discuss this, which is in no way related to this thread, then create another thread and we would talk there.
You can be as big of a spin doctor as you want but truth and logic should preserve in humanitarian's heart. What I said in previous posts were consistence in the line of both W Pakistani and Current B,Deshis were meant to safe guard sovereignty not to pose aggresive ness. India translated W Pakis presence in BD land was detrimental to Hinduise us but BD force wouldn't be as rooted Muslims as W Pakis were. But in guarding sovereignity BD force would definitely be vigil that even would be a hurdle for IND to rule us. IND stayed offensive for last 60 years and it would do same unless it gets assurance of complete errosion of Islam from our heart.

You can be as big of a spin doctor as you want but truth and logic should preserve in humanitarian's heart. What I said in previous posts were consistence in the line of both W Pakistani and Current B,Deshis were meant to safe guard sovereignty not to pose aggresive ness. India translated W Pakis presence in BD land was detrimental to Hinduise us but BD force wouldn't be as rooted Muslims as W Pakis were. But in guarding sovereignity BD force would definitely be vigil that even would be a hurdle for IND to rule us. IND stayed offensive for last 60 years and it would do same unless it gets assurance of complete errosion of Islam from our heart.

Kindly edit the words to W Pakistan.Pakis are sounding like racial slang,though unintentional from your part.

Okay my theories......

The case against India...very little but still intriguing:
1)Knowing about the DG's death before us.
2)Blaming and bringing Saqa Chowdhury and the ISI and the Jamaat and the JMB(nearly completely destroyed) into this.

Possibility of smugglers using the 'rebel' elements inside BDR to do this so that efficiency and functionality of the force maybe destroyed.recently Rifles forces destroyed poppy fields used by a India-BD nexus to produce heroin.Maybe they were starting to improve.Certain elements both inside and outside the country may have not wanted that.

this and also the fact that Hasina's govt wanted to recover lost lands along the borders with both the Burmese and the Indians.

Anisuzzaman now heads mutiny probe
Star Online Report

The government today reconstituted the investigation committee on the February 25-26 Pilkhana mutiny and replaced Home Minister Sahara Khatun with retired secretary Mohammad Anisuzzaman to lead the probe.

The committee will submit its report with recommendations in seven days.

Additional secretary of home ministry is the member secretary of the 10-member committee.

Other members are the law secretary, the director general of the BDR and representatives from cabinet division, Prime Minister's Office, armed forces division and police department.

Report of this committee will cover the casualty of both civil and military personnel.

Earlier the government assigned Sahara Khatun to lead the probe.

The government on Sunday decided to reconstitute the committee following a meeting between Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and the army officials at Sena Kunja.

The Daily Star - Details News

LOL!

Looks like Army's wrath scared our Hasina Begum.:lol:
A good move forced by army to replace Sahara,she isn't fit for it.

BTW is this man credible and capable?Any comments?

Kindly edit the words to W Pakistan.Pakis are sounding like racial slang,though unintentional from your part.
Oh, thanks very much of pointing that out. I used Pakis just to save time. But my apologies if I inadvertantly hurt anyone.

Few things I heard from some unconfirmed sources. Your comments are welcomed..

1) Sohel Taj has a role in it with Indian linkage.
2) Tapos distributed money in Palashi point to the locals at the time of mutiny.
3) Vehicles and boats were ready to help flee the rebels.
4) Army indicated that India has a hand in it (when 18 BSF soldiers died in the hand of BDR, BSF directors said at that time as they will take the avenge by having BDR soldiers to kill their officers. This is on the record and were placed before Hasina).
5) Army asked Hasina in what protocol Rehana is attending all the ministerial level meeting and whether she herself is a spy or not???
6) Army wants MUA to extend his tenure for two more years.

This is what I call over confidence,don't be,a humble request.

Bangladesh has defensive army.So its task is not to attack but not let other attack.Without strong defence in BD,India will have ease dealing with BD regarding many disputes,as it will know that it won't suffer from attacking BD.Our army is designed to inflict maximum damage possible to the invader but not designed to invade others.

Posing no threat , doesnt mean useless, it was more in terms of strategically.

Back
Top Bottom