What's new

Bangladesh massively depends on India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like we sacrifice 4000 soldier to protect Bangladesh and impose special tax on our citizen to support Bangladesh.

First build it and then speak. Chinese have a knack of act like giving and taking more than it gives.!

Pakistan is fast friend of China. they gave them partnership to build Gwadar port. Chine gave contract of building to Chinese company only. Brought engineers and labor from chine including the food. They made it sure that not a fraction of money goes to pakistan economy. Now they have partnership in Gwadar without contributing a single Dollar to Pakistan Economy.

These smelly creatures now freely roam in Dhaka these days. :lol: The sweeper in my area is from West Bengal, (Jolpaiguri District), and the most surprising part is that he's not even a Dalit, a pure Radhi Brahmin, that shows how bad the situation is in West Bengal, but then again, the West Bengalis will remain content with the honorary status as "metro" for Kolkata. :lol:

You see, In India, its not only the Dalits who sweep floors..! Equality for all :D

I'm assuming you're a Sylheti.
There is something I'm curious about.

Please answer honestly if possible.
I'm not asking this as an "Indian" but as a visitor to various parts of Sylhet, Sunamganj and Moulavibazaar for 2 years+

I'm heard Sylhetis refer to themselves as Sylheti first and Bangali or Bangladeshi later.
Most of the families have atleast one member in "Bilet" which is a perfectly fine thing to be proud off:-)
People have some insane amount of money....repatriations are huge!
Iphones re-sell like crazy.
Its a different land out there.

I believe all this gives you a base to feel regionally superior. Its perfectly normal.
I was amazed to witness the quarrels between Noakhailas, Chatgainas, Slyhetis etc....pure entertainment:police:

With this regional perspective i guess its Ok to identify oneself as a Sylheti first than a Bangali.
Is my assumption correct?

I hope I've not put you in a spot....if so..please ignore.

I loved the northern fringes of Sylhet BTW...beautiful:yahoo:

Yes when you ask them what they are, it's usually, "I'm Sylheti". Sylhetis in the UK are money makers, usually they don't make it the legal way, but the Brit Banglas (Sylhetis) in the UK are known to be hard grafters. Any blocked/stolen phone in the UK will be instantly sent to BD lol! Funny, but that's more of an Asian stereotype than just a Bengali one. I don't feel regionally superior, some of my family are from CTG as well. Noakhalis, Chatgaiyas and Sylhetis quarrel amongst each other but for minor reasons. It's because Sylhet City, (Majortilla, Khadempur areas) have had alot of influx from different regions in BD, but they're for minor reasons.

Sylhet is very beautiful, but to get the proper feel you need to go to the village sides. Also, Chittagong is very beautiful, that side resembles that South East Asian landscape, very scenic and beautiful.

In Bangladesh, you are Bangladeshi, it does occur but honestly I wasn't aware of it until a few years ago.

Regionalism in BD is the same as anywhere but no one claims region as an identity over and above country in any serious way.... BD is unusually homogeneous

Just to reiterate, regionalism happens everywhere, it doesn't happen as much as say India or Pakistan. Everyone is Bangladeshi in Bangladesh. If I want village life, I go back to my ancestral village, if you want to experience the Bangladeshi city life then it's definitely Dhaka, and if you want beauty and scenery then CTG or Sylhet!

Yes when you ask them what they are, it's usually, "I'm Sylheti". Sylhetis in the UK are money makers, usually they don't make it the legal way, but the Brit Banglas (Sylhetis) in the UK are known to be hard grafters. Any blocked/stolen phone in the UK will be instantly sent to BD lol! Funny, but that's more of an Asian stereotype than just a Bengali one. I don't feel regionally superior, some of my family are from CTG as well. Noakhalis, Chatgaiyas and Sylhetis quarrel amongst each other but for minor reasons. It's because Sylhet City, (Majortilla, Khadempur areas) have had alot of influx from different regions in BD, but they're for minor reasons.

Sylhet is very beautiful, but to get the proper feel you need to go to the village sides. Also, Chittagong is very beautiful, that side resembles that South East Asian landscape, very scenic and beautiful.

In Bangladesh, you are Bangladeshi, it does occur but honestly I wasn't aware of it until a few years ago.
Some first hand excerpts:

I was to board the Dhaka bound Regent flight.
The AC had malfunctioned. The Latinized verbatim:
"Darn you Chittagongian company. Why dont we Sylhetis have our own airline"

Flight from DAC to SING. (The queue for the aerobridge)
Passenger 1: I had a gold card. Its so crowded, I should have been upgraded!
Passenger 2: <Looks at him> Oh You are a Sylheti, I'm one too <handshakes>....Don't you hate to be in such a crowded place along with all this Bangalees.

I was like boy!!...Amazing entertainment.:pop:

IMHO, the border regions of Sylhet districts are truly serene.
Although I hate Nazimgarh..nothing special..and a complete ripoff even at corporate rates:feminist:
CTG is more about elevation...hill tracts are amazing too.

Some first hand excerpts:

I was to board the Dhaka bound Regent flight.
The AC had malfunctioned. The Latinized verbatim:
"Darn you Chittagongian company. Why dont we Sylhetis have our own airline"

Passenger 2: <Looks at him> Oh You are a Sylheti, I'm one too <handshakes>....Don't you hate to be in such a crowded place along with all this Bangalees.

I was like boy!!...Amazing entertainment.:pop:

IMHO, the border regions of Sylhet districts are truly serene.
Although I hate Nazimgarh..nothing special..and a complete ripoff even at corporate rates:feminist:
CTG is more about elevation...hill tracts are amazing too.

That sounds like bullsh-t to me.

Just to reiterate, regionalism happens everywhere, it doesn't happen as much as say India or Pakistan. Everyone is Bangladeshi in Bangladesh. If I want village life, I go back to my ancestral village, if you want to experience the Bangladeshi city life then it's definitely Dhaka, and if you want beauty and scenery then CTG or Sylhet!

Our homogeneity is our biggest strength that put us above our neighbors, but if only our leaders could utilize it!

Bro, you forgot the vast natural resources of Sylhet, from Petroleum, natural gas to Uranium, coal, limestones!

That sounds like bullsh-t to me.

He's just trolling to provoke us!

Although Nazimgarh was chosen as the best resort of Asia but he hates it! :lol:

Our homogeneity is our biggest strength that put us above our neighbors, but if only our leaders could utilize it!

Bro, you forgot the vast natural resources of Sylhet, from Petroleum, natural gas to Uranium, coal, limestones!

He's just trolling to provoke us!

Although Nazimgarh was chosen as the best resort of Asia but he hates it! :lol:

Right I was trolling....:-). Hope you are happy.

What would I gain by provoking you? But since you already view me as a "bigoted India" I guess its that part doing all the talk.
The men I quoted might have been superficial for all that counts!
Is it not possible for some Bangladeshi to be a racist bigot?

You think Indians don't quarrel amongst themselves?? :woot:

Is it too difficult to have a moderate viewpoint?

I said I hate Nazimgarh...coz of the money it charges for the quality....I thought I made that very very clear!
Infact the Lalakhal branch is miles better...as far as value for money is concerned:smitten:
The view is truly breathtaking. Please avail the 270 deg view room, if you ever bother to visit.
It might be top class for someone ....why should I argue with that?:taz:

I'm relatively new to the forum....I try to avoid flame bait at all costs.
You or anyone else might hate India...or any other nation...its virtual media...no one should care.
Its your opinion after all...and you are not shoving it down anyone's throat.:agree:

Right I was trolling....:-). Hope you are happy.

What would I gain by provoking you? But since you already view me as a "bigoted India" I guess its that part doing all the talk.
The men I quoted might have been superficial for all that counts!
Is it not possible for some Bangladeshi to be a racist bigot?

You think Indians don't quarrel amongst themselves?? :woot:

Is it too difficult to have a moderate viewpoint?

I said I hate Nazimgarh...coz of the money it charges for the quality....I thought I made that very very clear!
Infact the Lalakhal branch is miles better...as far as value for money is concerned:smitten:
The view is truly breathtaking. Please avail the 270 deg view room, if you ever bother to visit.
It might be top class for someone ....why should I argue with that?:taz:

I'm relatively new to the forum....I try to avoid flame bait at all costs.
You or anyone else might hate India...or any other nation...its virtual media...no one should care.
Its your opinion after all...and you are not shoving it down anyone's throat.:agree:

Look, I've nothing against India neither against West Bengal. Heck, I had been even termed as "rawamy dalal" many times. However, certain policies of your government do enrage me.

That being said, my posts were replies to the guy who always look for an opportunity to whack Bangladesh due to some adventurous stories he heard related to the partition.

Bloody Liar... Who are you trying to preach here, may I ask? No matter how hard you try and lie you would never be able to make anyone believe that...
But wait I have a question... Why most of you Indis are such compulsive liars?
Something wrong in you Indis genealogy, eh?

Stop piggybacking Sri lanka and other states, and concentrate on yourself. It's not that you didn't exist before 71 and colonized but you were part of independent government which enjoyed high growth rate during 60s. You are just being another Bangladeshi who have excuses for everything. But the truth is you have been bread basket of world for better part of your existence, have no industry except heavy polluting RMG which routinely kills worker because of poor safety measures, your extremists run amok at the streets of your capital which is most uninhabitable city in the world and most of you jump the sinking ship at the first chance you get.I could have go one and on but you get the drift!

India is as much a Hindu country as much you are a jamati terrorist. In fact minorities are growing in population, literacy and wealth in India than in your country where they are hounded from their home by jamati and bnp thugs. It's time for you too wake up from your wet dream of India getting disintegrated and have a reality check of the cesspool you call home.

LOL. First time I had an Indian claim that the two parts of the former Pakistan enjoyed equal development.

Fact is that, as most Indians are all too aware, the former Pakistan split as West Pakistan was treating East Pakistan as no more than a colony.

India is living proof that multi-ethnic states do no work.

Bloody Liar... Who are you trying to preach here, may I ask? No matter how hard you try and lie you would never be able to make anyone believe that...
But wait I have a question... Why most of you Indis are such compulsive liars?
Something wrong in you Indis genealogy, eh?
Wow! Some Indian(s) must have really pissed you!
Guess my post was too outrageous....no worries ...that happened a year back...I felt like writing it down.:offpost:

I like to read a lot on foreign affairs...and a neutral balanced perspective always helps.
Shit....I'm preaching too much!

Can't a country as populous as BD have such narrow minded people?
Those two people shouldn't be a representative of Sylhet.
I like that place.....but get lost in the language....don't understand the "taan" most often.

Pissed of a "pilot" by calling a rickshaw...if you know what I mean.

I have seen people claiming natural calamities as God given gifts...since it "reduces population" :pissed:(I would explicitly mention that it was NOT in BD...to avoid flame wars:nhl_checking:)

Regionalism is too petty compared to this.:ph34r:

Anyways I'm posting off topic....ciao.

I was always curious to why one of the largest ethnic groups in India, the West Bengalis, are never spoken about. I think everything is cleared up now.

You know W, Bengle always cheers us for having a separate identity and nationality, but they themselves never opt for that, cos they are loyal to their Hindustan aka Barat mata. That is double standard, but clueless BDans never understands that but cheers for Aper-Oper-Crap-shit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom