What's new

Bangladesh to China ordered 16 F-7BGI light fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have something to contribute. If F-16 is offered to bangladesh by US and it is used, why not get F-16 from Turkey. They manufacture F-16 and instead of used bangladesh will get newly made F-16s.

Those F-16s are made under license in Turkey. They are NOT for export. So if anyone is going to buy F-16s, one has to do so from the US!

Although, I believe we can still buy spares and weapons from Turkey and even Pakistan. That is given if we actually buy them.

BD has an economy of 110 billion USD dollars growing at 7% a year. It's budget spending to GDP ratio is likely to rise from the current 17% to over 20% by the end of this decade. Looking far forward to 2030, this percentage will get to anywhere from 25-30%.

I would have thought that a country like BD would have procured FC-1 fighters between 2010-2014, J-10B/NG Gripen fighters from 2015-2019 and then 5th generation JSF/J-XX fighters from 2020 onwards.

In the past, BD had no choice but to purchase F-7 aircraft.

That is not the case now, and the only conclusion is that there are absolute morons running the country.

I have a theory. Since Zillur Rahman is old, along with the other old fools on the cabinet (regardless if AL or BNP) an F-7 does look very modern :D

It's like an F-35 for them :lol:

As far as 5th generation fighters go, we can technically afford them, but then we have a massive population to take care of.

there is another problem... Not many bangladeshis support military spendings.... It is you, me or some other people who are interested in military wants advanced techs but my experience of talking military in common people says 80% of them oppose military spendings....

Unfortunately, this is true. But they do have a point. Although it's invalid.

There are several impoverished and underprivileged people in Bangladesh alone. They are assuming that instead of spending on military, they should spend to eradicate poverty. I heard one naive fool who stated that we don't even need a military and we will become like Luxembourg in one day! :rofl:

Unfortunately for them, it isn't that simple. Our neighborhood is not like that of Luxembourg, and we have a huge and mostly impoverished population to take care of with limited resources, including land.

See from the nature of our system, it doesn't matter if we don't spend at all on military. Poverty will just as be the same as it now. That money would instead go into the pockets of ministers and MPs. And technically, it isn't the job of the military to carry out charity operations, or work to solve global warming issues, other than post natural disaster operations. So, it's better to have something than nothing.

Another potential issue that Bangladeshi people despise about the army is due to the fact that they hold so much land. And I mean, a LOT of land all around the country. With nothing more than trees and squirrels. And it's not only army, there's land for air force, navy and BGB.

But as history suggests, this was an inevitable outcome. Thanks to the dangerously flawed policies against the military of the Mujib era.

Mujib was not a bad man. His flaw was lack of experience, and made friends and alliances with many bad people. And I mean BAD people. Probably evil. And he was successful for a separate Bangladesh in a very short period of time. I'd say, there was no such thing as 'quality control' within the AL's rule, then, now and will continue to be that way tomorrow.

Those are the kind of things that many Bangladeshis forget about. And as history states, we are a forgetful nation. When will those "80 percent" start taking responsibility for themselves and be assertive other than allowing others to run the show? Only time will tell.

We are a forgetful nation who simply refuse to take any initiative ourselves.

So how many F-7s will we be having after this procurement?

Cheers!!!

I don't know but I read somewhere that turkey made F-16s for Jordan. I can't confirm the validity of this so old information. By the way, does Jordan has F-16?

I don't know but I read somewhere that turkey made F-16s for Jordan. I can't confirm the validity of this so old information. By the way, does Jordan has F-16?

Yes they do. But they weren't bought from Turkey. They were however upgraded by TAI. Similar to what happened to PAF's F-16s.

Jordan has f 16s but they were from US. Turkey just upgraded tham

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

So how many F-7s will we be having after this procurement?

Cheers!!!

54. But according to faarhan only 39 will be operational

BD should go for Su-30, viper, Gripen, typhoon etc etc... J7, JFT, J10 etc etc are not up to the standards, many BD members believe the later part.

Anyway nice move by BAF, F7 are good.

May be you have not read the news published by BD govt. that the F-7BGI is a stop-gap aircraft for BAF and till they get any of the four advanced aircraft (F-16/Mig-29SMT/Su-30/JAS-39). The F-7BGI shall replace A-5C & FT-6 from service. BAF needed a cheap stop-gap solution and JF-17 & J-10 are pricey solutions compared to F-7BGI.

May be you have not read the news published by BD govt. that the F-7BGI is a stop-gap aircraft for BAF and till they get any of the four advanced aircraft (F-16/Mig-29SMT/Su-30/JAS-39). The F-7BGI shall replace A-5C & FT-6 from service. BAF needed a cheap stop-gap solution and JF-17 & J-10 are pricey solutions compared to F-7BGI.

wah! 1 statement from our air force and you have posted the same crap for 40 times. Eva heard of regime change?? Previously BNP even cancelled mig29 order midway to go chinese. This is hasina backed decision. It will change for sure......

wah! 1 statement from our air force and you have posted the same crap for 40 times. Eva heard of regime change?? Previously BNP even cancelled mig29 order midway to go chinese. This is hasina backed decision. It will change for sure......

Bangladesh would be better off with JF-17 and J-10. Or any single engined fighter for that matter, which the Russians do not make at the moment.

If JF17 is available in just 15 million price tag then why decades old fighters ??

Reason is simple : Capabilities are almost same then why spend more on infrastructure ??

at what price was the jf-17 offered???
at what price wad rhe f-7bgi offered...

aint the jf-17/fc-1 offered as the cheap do it all soln???

at what price was the jf-17 offered???
at what price wad rhe f-7bgi offered...

aint the jf-17/fc-1 offered as the cheap do it all soln???

F-7 is around $9-$10 million. This is just a stop gap for some years as BAF goes ahead with its procurement plans.

If JF17 is available in just 15 million price tag then why decades old fighters ??

Reason is simple : Capabilities are almost same then why spend more on infrastructure ??

read why BAF is getting F7's- it simply can't afford jf-17 now-

and you are a fool to compare capabilities of jf-17 to f7- really a big fool-

You are obviously confused between a 3rd generation aircraft and a 4th generation one :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom