What's new

Bangladesh to China ordered 16 F-7BGI light fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
BD should have put in an order for 48 FC-1s and also around 3-4 Chinese ZDK-03 AWACs.

BD's growing revenue (over 10% extra government revenue every year due to GDP growth and collection of higher tax revenue as a percentage of GDP) and the fact that the Chinese would be more than willing to accept payment over many years would have made a deal like this financially feasible.

Silly BD has wasted 150 million US dollars on planes that would be sitting ducks against India SU-30s and Myarmese Mig-29s

Dude, I share your pain. But the real idiots are the ones making the decisions! Oh wait, we ARE the idiots electing them :lol:

Dude, I share your pain. But the real idiots are the ones making the decisions! Oh wait, we ARE the idiots electing them :lol:

But the air force chiefs decides which jets to buy. And they are not elected, they got their positions on merit

Well considering that there was urgent need, it is a prompt decision. IMO having a couple of squadrons of something like Gripen NGs and rest of the money dedicated in installing anti-air defense like S-400 would be the best option for Bangladesh.

Well these are stop gap measure to fill the dire need of the airforce as we are getting short in number of planes. Even though sounds weired to buy F-7 in 2011 but what other aircraft we can get in such a short notice?

The plane we are evaluating righ now are SU-30, F-16, Mig-29CMT, Gripen which will become the core of our airforce. SU-30 most likely the winner.

To all Pakistanis who think they are in a position to donate plane, should better concentrate on paying off IMF loans and how they could avail the next installment and try to secure GSP+ facilities in Europe.
And to all Indians who think that they became superpower with SU-30 then they should stop sleeping as another superpower is in making in their eastern border with SU-30 as well. :smokin:
I am working in reserves management department....FYI, the decision to opt out of IMF program was decided after positive developments in external account which will also continue this year :)

By 2021 most of the countries will have fifth generation jets and we will only buy fourth generation in 2021. It will at least take a few years for order to be recieved.

But by 2021 if we could arm ourselves with 4 or 4.5th generation fighter that should be enough. We can always order 5th generation figthers 2021 onward.

Some good poster suggesting that we will be inducting 4th generation fighter after 2021 is totally wrong. On 2021 means nothing will happen before 2021. By 2021 means we will complete arming ourselves with the planned aircrafts. So as we speaking now, we are in the process of buying some Sukuis and I will not be surprised to see some of them flying before the end of AL regime.

BD has an economy of 110 billion USD dollars growing at 7% a year. It's budget spending to GDP ratio is likely to rise from the current 17% to over 20% by the end of this decade. Looking far forward to 2030, this percentage will get to anywhere from 25-30%.

I would have thought that a country like BD would have procured FC-1 fighters between 2010-2014, J-10B/NG Gripen fighters from 2015-2019 and then 5th generation JSF/J-XX fighters from 2020 onwards.

In the past, BD had no choice but to purchase F-7 aircraft.

That is not the case now, and the only conclusion is that there are absolute morons running the country.

there is another problem... Not many bangladeshis support military spendings.... It is you, me or some other people who are interested in military wants advanced techs but my experience of talking military in common people says 80% of them oppose military spendings....

what must be considered is the unit price of the jets and the relative cost to capability ratio.
BgAF already operates the type, which means a LOT less time in transition, logistics and training.
Moreover, the terrain in Bangladesh allows for some fairly clever dispersal airfields if the BgAF thinks about it.
The relative short takeoff of the F-7G type might make it an excellent surprise interceptor.

But by 2021 if we could arm ourselves with 4 or 4.5th generation fighter that should be enough. We can always order 5th generation figthers 2021 onward.

Some good poster suggesting that we will be inducting 4th generation fighter after 2021 is totally wrong. On 2021 means nothing will happen before 2021. By 2021 means we will complete arming ourselves with the planned aircrafts. So as we speaking now, we are in the process of buying some Sukuis and I will not be surprised to see some of them flying before the end of AL regime.

You would be barely able to complete inducting the F-7s by 2021. I believe that a 4.5 gen fighter at this time for BD is just a pipe dream :)

Gripen by far will the best choice. Low on maintenance and extremely well built. Plus its a single engine aircraft so it would cost less too

I have something to contribute. If F-16 is offered to bangladesh by US and it is used, why not get F-16 from Turkey. They manufacture F-16 and instead of used bangladesh will get newly made F-16s.

I have something to contribute. If F-16 is offered to bangladesh by US and it is used, why not get F-16 from Turkey. They manufacture F-16 and instead of used bangladesh will get newly made F-16s.

Welcome Lighting bro. Well the main reason we are not going for f16s is because of budget constrains:)

Common buddy, India is not gonna attack BD, or not have a intension to occupy. If we wanted it, we can already done it in 1972. We don't need to Use IAF against BD.

Bangladesh is not so cheap. If you wanted to occupy Bangladesh in 1972, your seven sisters would be free to marry the foreigner to make new progeny. Even , at present, if you try to occupy the Bangladesh , India must be spliced into several pieces. So, don't look at Bangladesh. We are not heterogeneous like you. WE ARE WELL DEFINED. DON'T LOOK AT US IN THE EYES OF AN AGGRESSOR. We know well, how to defend.

Bangladesh is not so cheap. If you wanted to occupy Bangladesh in 1972, your seven sisters would be free to marry the foreigner to make new progeny. Even , at present, if you try to occupy the Bangladesh , India must be spliced into several pieces. So, don't look at Bangladesh. We are not heterogeneous like you. WE ARE WELL DEFINED. DON'T LOOK AT US IN THE EYES OF AN AGGRESSOR. We know well, how to defend.

yar tumhara BARA bhai hai na cool down :triniti:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom