What's new

Bangladesh to China ordered 16 F-7BGI light fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I now really starting to think that they don't want the FC-1 due to political reasoning :confused:

You know, I now really starting to think that they don't want the FC-1 due to political reasoning :confused:

Come on man, if they flushed down $150 million of our DEFENCE BUDGET due to political reasoning, i dunnoe what else did they flush down

Anyway both planes are from china:what:

Come on man, if they flushed down $150 million of our DEFENCE BUDGET due to political reasoning, i dunnoe what else did they flush down

Anyway both planes are from china:what:

50% of the FC-1's sales revenue goes to Pakistan.

I dont think pakistan is an issue. I have a feeling that the air force is going for quantity rather than quality

Bangladesh needs to buy advanced WARPLANES not these planes these are just a joke in today's Air Force even we are trying to get rid of them as soon as possible but Bangladesh is buying more

I dont think pakistan is an issue. I have a feeling that the air force is going for quantity rather than quality

It is possible, though impossible to prove.

Bangladesh is small and somewhat cornered. It should always go for the most feasible aircraft in technical terms, not political. And I mean good quality and modern birds here.

I don't know, it could also be due to lack of fund allocation for the BAF.

I have no idea just what our chiefs are thinking!

It is possible, though impossible to prove.

Bangladesh is small and somewhat cornered. It should always go for the most feasible aircraft in technical terms, not political. And I mean good quality and modern birds here.

I don't know, it could also be due to lack of fund allocation for the BAF.

I have no idea just what our chiefs are thinking!

On the bright side we have 52 F7s now:) .

These days when you are up against major powers there are realistically two deterrents:

1. A super strong economy
2. Nukes

At this time BD has neither, though number one is acquirable with the right policies, trying to acquire the other will be equivalent to day dreaming :)

not true, you can also just have a really close friend who has the above two criteria

I think BAF would have got FC-1 for at least 20 million$ per piece. So for around 200 million$ they might 10 FC-1. Anyways for now the decision to buy F-7BGI looks both due to political reasons and lack of funds.

or may be getting commission by the top brash or the local agent and also would have the local agent to get the maintenance job in high price as like what happened with our A-5 :angry: :tdown:

I think BAF would have got FC-1 for at least 20 million$ per piece. So for around 200 million$ they might 10 FC-1. Anyways for now the decision to buy F-7BGI looks both due to political reasons and lack of funds.

i don't think Fund is the main problem. we need some fighter but it is not as important that we are in war with any one . BAF can wait for the fund to get the best fighter or they can try to get lease some F-7 from China or Pakistan for contingency . as the decision is already taken as per the news we can only hope that this new baby will have the possibility to get direct data link with Chinese AWACS which we may buy in future .

Could be the reason and could not be as well..... I dont know whats the attitude of current BD govt towards Pakistan or High official of BD forces..... But Pakistan did sale some weapons to BD in the past....

Could be the reason and could not be as well..... I dont know whats the attitude of current BD govt towards Pakistan or High official of BD forces..... But Pakistan did sale some weapons to BD in the past....

The current BD government is extremely anti-Pakistani.

BD should have put in an order for 48 FC-1s and also around 3-4 Chinese ZDK-03 AWACs.

BD's growing revenue (over 10% extra government revenue every year due to GDP growth and collection of higher tax revenue as a percentage of GDP) and the fact that the Chinese would be more than willing to accept payment over many years would have made a deal like this financially feasible.

Silly BD has wasted 150 million US dollars on planes that would be sitting ducks against India SU-30s and Myarmese Mig-29s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom