What's new

Banned Words on PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was in fact the Hindu/Congress press that dubbed the 1940 Lahore Resolution as 'Pakistan' resolution/conspiracy. We gladly accepted ... We find nothing wrong in our lands being called 'land of the pure' by our enemies... Isn't Ganga considered a sacred river in Hinduism? Why would a Hindu feel offended when he is associated with something they consider sacred and holy? ... We are the people of Indus, why do you insist on identifying yourself with the people who have nothing in common with you, and with the land that doesn't belong to you?
We are officially called 'India' so whatever grievances you have about the name of my country, ask your government to take it up with our government.

Regarding 'Gangadesh', I've already addressed it above. I'm not going to keep repeating stuff. Many Indians don't even live in the Ganga region so it would make us feel excluded. That's another reason.

Regarding 'Gangadesh', I've already addressed it above. I'm not going to keep repeating stuff.
Gangetic plains have less than 40% of our population and even lesser landmass, Gangu word is not even descriptive of the majority here.

Hindustan is a reasonable name for the modern republic of India. It is still distinct from Pakistan, even if you use that name.

Just because some Buddhists and Hindus once lived in coterminous Pakistan, that doesn't make it part of "Hindustan" or "India". This is part of the hindutva fraud. What has a pashtun tribe got to do with the river Ganga or the government of the republic of India sitting in Delhi. Neither the modern state of India/Hindustan, nor the ancient world gangetic tribes are connected to the majority of Pakistanis. We live off the river Indus. In fact, we are India. You lot are Hindustan or Gangadesh.

Then please explain why it's an insult for any Indians to be associated with hinduism's sacred river. There is a contradiction here that warrants explanation by representatives of the Hindu rashtra - whether overt hindutva or "moderate" "secular" "Indians".

When I use the term "Gangadeshi" or its derivatives, there is no malice or negative inflection. Judge each situation on its context. Likewise, "jihadi" isn't necessarily an insult. Again, context is what matters. That was the example i referred to earlier hence I will use it again here.

Now if you wish me to desist from using Ganga and its derivatives in a purely descriptive manner, you need to explain why it is inaccurate as a geographical or geopolitical descriptor for India's people.

Again, I reiterate, I'm not talking about the term when used in a malicious context - certainly that should be banned and that is a case based assessment.
You not reading history then,all Indian peoples not from ganga valley.
Yes northeast India and South India is very different from North India.
But it is truth that North India and majority Pakistan very similar.
We call you people bhayya. It is not insult. But we say it for person who look and act like you.

We are officially called 'India' so whatever grievances you have about the name of my country, ask your government to take it up with our government.

Regarding 'Gangadesh', I've already addressed it above. I'm not going to keep repeating stuff. Many Indians don't even live in the Ganga region so it would make us feel excluded. That's another reason.

Why being evasive now? answer the simple questions

Yes northeast India and South India is very different from North India.

South or North-east Indians are no more 'Indian' than the Indonesians or Red Indians of America
India is an artificial entity created by the Brits and that's the whole point

Why being evasive now? answer the simple questions

South or North-east Indians are no more 'Indian' than the Indonesians or Red Indians of America
India is an artificial entity created by the Brits and that's the whole point
We all together are India.

Even west India - Rajasthan, Gujarat and Maharashtra are not under Gangetic plains.
But people same

I certainly don't want 'Gangadesh' as a word to be used.
Most certainly, wholeheartedly support you on this. Though i am personally unaffected by the slur, hailing from the Brahmaputra valley, any word having negative connotation for my fellow Indian brothers/sisters is equally offensive to me.

Most certainly, wholeheartedly support you on this. Though i am personally unaffected by the slur, hailing from the Brahmaputra valley, any word having negative connotation for my fellow Indian brothers/sisters is equally offensive to me.
Ganga is our river, so if someone call me gangu it's ok for me. I am Indian and ganga river also mine

We are the people of Indus... You have just stolen our identity and history probably because you have no history/identity of your own to be proud of
You can call yourself Indian too, we don't have any objections but maybe your countrymen may have.

And the Gangu is not descriptive at all - a Haryanvi has nothing in common with a Bengali. Just because we share a river, it doesn't mean we are similar.

BTW, Haryana was a part of undivided Punjab but a Gangu river (Yamuna) flows through it, is it Ganguland or not?
You're ignoring part of my post. The political entity sitting in Delhi declares the Ganga as the river that defines India, the river that sustains it. Any tributaries of the Ganges in Pakistan are irrelevant as in Pakistan, we have not declared this river as central to our geopolitical situation. You're making the same mistake of assuming Pakistan or Nepal or Bangladesh are part of the modern political construct known as "India". There was an empire that artificially created "India" before 1947 and modern Indian citizens inherited part of that artificial construct, nothing more. Your "India" has no relevance to me as a Pakistani. Now with this in mind, it doesn't matter what someone sitting in Delhi says about what is "Indian" or what isn't - it doesn't apply to Pakistan. This is the crux of the great saffron fraud that has been quietly rewriting history, archaeology and anthropology to suit the Hindu rashtra narrative.

Why shouldn't non-Indians also be cognizant of the importance of Ganga as claimed by the Delhi regime itself? Why is it an insult as a descriptor of the state of India's primary geopolitical reference point?

Explain why and I will desist.

So far, people are saying it's insulting just because it is.

I have explained that if my context is benign, then it is nothing more than a descriptive term.

All over the world, people are unofficially (and with benign intent) named after geographic features particular to their unique situations. Why is an Indian insulted by reference to the river that supposedly sustains the nation of India?

Ganga is our river, so if someone call me gangu it's ok for me. I am Indian and ganga river also mine
Well said friend, what i meant was that we are not from the Ganga valley, but it is a holy river for us too.

But the word gangu is used derisively, in a negative light, so i would never support its use.

You can yourself Indian too, we don't have any objections but maybe your countrymen may have.
We are "Indian" with reference to the Indus. You have usurped and misconstrued this word - at present, it is unusable by us but at heart we are certainly more "Indian" than you can possibly be. We can't use this word because of its misappropriation by Delhi.

An analagous situation arose in the FYR Macedonia, whom the Greeks claimed falsely appropriated the term "Macedonia".

It's quite plain and obvious when one actually thinks about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom