What's new

Battlin For Bangladesh

better we should concentrate on infaltration by ISI into our institutions and armed forces....pakistan is a much bigger and visible threat/enemy to bangladesh people ,

could you refrain yourself from talking craps.. What Pakistans got to do to Bangladesh.. at the present time, its battlin for its own existence against the talibans.. you seem to have an inferiority of complex.. no offense, but, should overcome it..

Last edited:
In addition to Sukhoi jets, Bangladesh should also go for J-10s which are cheap and able to face F-16 with full confidence.

chines stuff always has quality and maintanence issues associated with it...

anyway @ 40mn$ do J-10 is realy cheap....?

there are many other better ones in the same price range..

Gripen cost near 50mn$
F-18 SH near 55mn$
su-30 near 45mn$
Mig-35 near 40mn$
F-16C/D varient cost near 50mn$
indian LCA about 30mn$
pakistani JF-17 about 20mn$

why not BAF go for a open tender , take trials of verious options before choosing the winner...

note : all price qoutes are taken from internet surffing , may not be reliable.

Last edited:
We will only buy one or two squadron and you want to go for open tender only to make fazz bout it? Bangladesh always like to keep low profile when it comes to defence procurement and will be the case in the future.
Wat would be the actual price will totally depend on the relationship with that country. I earlier said that we get them for Friendship price from china which is much lower than published or any tendered price.

The j10b is an extremely capable aircraft......iajdani,you mentioned friendship prices,i have a query......bangladesh can also make a deal with russia bout the mig35s(better than j10b,greatly manuoravable,which is a plus point,as bd cant afford a high quality radar, better avionics,or better weapon systems as upgrades)..... they are i guess can will sign a deal with russia,regarding the civilian nuclear project........a dual or joint deal will cost lesser i guess......is that a possibility??

We will only buy one or two squadron and you want to go for open tender only to make fazz bout it?

Bangladesh always like to keep low profile when it comes to defence procurement and will be the case in the future.

Wat would be the actual price will totally depend on the relationship with that country. I earlier said that we get them for Friendship price from china which is much lower than published or any tendered price.

Brazil buying just 36 aircrafts and going for open tender....
Thailand bought just 8 gripens , through open tender process ...

what's the benifit of been on low profile , it's compititive world , when we are spending money , choose among the best offered...

Jako Sir how can you say that the Mig35 is better than the J10B, when the
J10B has not even come out yet. From my small knowledge only the J10A is out which obviously the Mig35 can beat.

Personally I believe that Bangladesh should go for the JF-17 because it is very cheap, and there won't be any constraints involved, plus Bangladesh does not need a High tech Aircraft at the moment because it's main issue is with Myanmar. From what I have read the Myanmar Airforce also has the Mig29, so it would be pointless buying Russian Planes because they will just supply Myanmar the same aircraft.

If JF-17 does not fit the requirements, then the J10A would be a great buy as it's very cheap and can face the F-16. Plus the J10 is an evolving aircraft, it's future blocks such as the J10B and J10C are sure to be potent fighters that would give any opposing Airforce a headache. This would obviouly help Bangladesh in the long run because the pilots will gain experience and will know how to use the aircraft to it's maximum effectiveness.

Buying the F-16C/D block would be a mistake, don't get me wrong it's a superb Aircraft but it's too expensive compare to the J10A and Jf-17. Plus the Aircraft has too many political constraints. From my prospective I think it was a mistake for Pakistan buying it, because it's doing are Airforce no good in the long run, where as we could have invested that same money in the Jf-17 or the J10. But I suppose from listening to Seniors in this forum who have excellent knowledge it was a short term solution for the Pakistan Airforce.

Alternatively you could go for the su-30 it is a great aircraft, but the problem with that is India has it in large numbers, and it has the experience with the aircraft which would take the Bangladeshi pilots a long time to achieve. Also it would seem India has the best block of Su-30 in the world so best option is to have somethink different which your oponent does not have.

The j10b is an extremely capable aircraft......iajdani,you mentioned friendship prices,i have a query......bangladesh can also make a deal with russia bout the mig35s(better than j10b,greatly manuoravable,which is a plus point,as bd cant afford a high quality radar, better avionics,or better weapon systems as upgrades)..... they are i guess can will sign a deal with russia,regarding the civilian nuclear project........a dual or joint deal will cost lesser i guess......is that a possibility??

May be we are talking too early regarding this procurement. I dont see them in BAF's disposal within two years. SU-30 is a very good plane but we had some problem with russians regarding Mig-29, yet they want to sell more planes. Not sure how BD want to deal with russians as they are sending Migs for overhauling in Ukraine instead of Russia. I am sure there were some problems and BD was not happy.

Brazil buying just 36 aircrafts and going for open tender....
Thailand bought just 8 gripens , through open tender process ...

what's the benifit of been on low profile , it's compititive world , when we are spending money , choose among the best offered...

Tendering is a new phenomena in defence procurement. I am sure BAF will pick to right decission for them regarding those aircraft purchase. Lets wait and see.

Jako Sir how can you say that the Mig35 is better than the J10B, when the
J10B has not even come out yet. From my small knowledge only the J10A is out which obviously the Mig35 can beat.

Personally I believe that Bangladesh should go for the JF-17 because it is very cheap, and there won't be any constraints involved, plus Bangladesh does not need a High tech Aircraft at the moment because it's main issue is with Myanmar. From what I have read the Myanmar Airforce also has the Mig29, so it would be pointless buying Russian Planes because they will just supply Myanmar the same aircraft.

If JF-17 does not fit the requirements, then the J10A would be a great buy as it's very cheap and can face the F-16. Plus the J10 is an evolving aircraft, it's future blocks such as the J10B and J10C are sure to be potent fighters that would give any opposing Airforce a headache. This would obviouly help Bangladesh in the long run because the pilots will gain experience and will know how to use the aircraft to it's maximum effectiveness.

Buying the F-16C/D block would be a mistake, don't get me wrong it's a superb Aircraft but it's too expensive compare to the J10A and Jf-17. Plus the Aircraft has too many political constraints. From my prospective I think it was a mistake for Pakistan buying it, because it's doing are Airforce no good in the long run, where as we could have invested that same money in the Jf-17 or the J10. But I suppose from listening to Seniors in this forum who have excellent knowledge it was a short term solution for the Pakistan Airforce.

Alternatively you could go for the su-30 it is a great aircraft, but the problem with that is India has it in large numbers, and it has the experience with the aircraft which would take the Bangladeshi pilots a long time to achieve. Also it would seem India has the best block of Su-30 in the world so best option is to have somethink different which your oponent does not have.

I have very little knowledge about JF-17 but BD could keep quite a few of them in the inventory as to add to the numbers of plane but they can not be a alternative to j-10 or SU-30 which are air superiority fighter.

My mistake the JF-17 is a light-weight multi-role combat aircraft. But still it is a decent aircraft because it's price tag, is 20 million dollars, a few would be good for the Bangladeshi Airforce.

If you don't mind me asking Brother iajdani when will the Bangladeshi Airforce retire it's F-7s. And how many fighter Aircraft's does it have in it's inventory, because I have very little knowledge on it and I wouldn't trust Wikipeadia as many members here don't think it's realiable.

The price of the jf-17 is indeed a huge prospect for the fighter itself,but the baf i guess would not want two type of jets,if it ultimately goes for the j10 or the sukhoi,with the price of the jets and their maintanence cost in mind......keyani sir,i said the mig35 would be better,because its a known fact that russian weaponary or avionics is better than the chinese,the jf-17 infact has a russian engine,again why is pak so eager to upgrade the avionics and engine of the thunder,with not even a sq in operation??......furthur the ibris aesa radar would be ready to be inducted in the mig35,in time when bd procures it.....the price would be no doubt be higher,but i was talking of a multi issue deal,which would make the fighters come costing less......(the chinese are no less than a decade away from the aesa tech).....but the questn arises,does bd need such a high-performance jet?-if it comes cheap,WHY NOT?? The mig corp would be more than happy to sell a squadron or so of the jets to the BAF,considering its economic condition(it is banking on the mrca right now,which if happens wd bolster its future investments).....thnx

Back
Top Bottom