What's new

Benazir says US action in Pakistan allowed, if Osama there

India love to back any resolution which goes against Pakistan. Nothing new.

Doesn't the US have bases in Pakistan already?

Since they are there, should help out rather than sittin on their arses rite? Obviously they won't occupy Pakistan once Bin Laden is caught. It will just make things better for Pakistan. Of course, the right-wing nationalists won't be too happy, nor will the mullahs, but if you think practically rather than egoistically, it is not such a big deal.
Which US base is there in Pakistan?

I want to ask you two questions

1. What makes you think that every trouble starts from Pakistan?.
2. Why do you think usama is or will be in Pakistan. ?

We have self respect, we dont want any one to violate our borders, just like all the other countries.

Ans 1. Chill..I didn't indicate that.
Ans 2. I guess most news reports, US govt. and mass media indicates that he is in Pakistan. Since there is no other source of info, one must assume that they are correct, rite?

For any self respecting country it is very big deal, it might not be 4 you but for us YES, it is a very big deal.
Would you let Pakistani Forces to conduct operation in your territory ? would you ??

Regards
Wilco

If we could call some country our ally, then why not? Obviously we won't allow Pakistani forces since they are enemies.

Didn't UK allow US forces to use her as a base during WWII? Didn't NATO countries allow US forces to carry out operations on their land? I don't think the sovereignty of these countries was compromised at all...if anything...they were helped by allying with US.

WILCO
AoA
Americans have already conducted operations inside pakistan. predator attack in Bejaur agency
,crashing of US drones in our territory,president acknowledging presence of CIA agents in pakistan. Now sure what is more left or what self respect you are talking about.

Ans 2. I guess most news reports, US govt. and mass media indicates that he is in Pakistan. Since there is no other source of info, one must assume that they are correct, rite?
USA also said there are nuclear/Biological Weapons in Iraq, Where were they ?? you dont rely on the facts you have to face the truth. The authenticity of one person can be guessed from his past experience & Trusting USA it is like trusting a snake what ever you do there is still maximum chance that it will bite you.

If we could call some country our ally, then why not? Obviously we won't allow Pakistani forces since they are enemies.
Exactly!
but Americans as our allies, you must be kidding, it is just we are Using them & they are using us.

Regards
Wilco

WILCO
AoA
Americans have already conducted operations inside Pakistan. predator attack in Bejaur agency
,crashing of US drones in our territory,president acknowledging presence of CIA agents in Pakistan. Now sure what is more left or what self respect you are talking about.
:hitwall:

That time was different from the time we are facing now, at that time we have some problems. But right now the sanerio is different.

Regards
Wilco

WILCO
AoA
Americans have already conducted operations inside pakistan. predator attack in Bejaur agency
,crashing of US drones in our territory,president acknowledging presence of CIA agents in pakistan. Now sure what is more left or what self respect you are talking about.

I don't think its a question of self respect, but practicality. Germany, Bulgaria, Britain etc. all have US bases in their territory. I don't see any Germans or British complaining about self respect.

The US is currently very Pro-Pakistan though, of course it is risky to assume that things will stay that way, but still, are there any indications that US will turn against Pakistan in the future?

I thought the US was keeping some of its troops in Pakistan. Am I wrong?
They have evacuated them long time ago.

Regards
Wilco

Benazir says she may allow US attack to eliminate Osama

WASHINGTON, Oct 1: Former prime minister Benazir Bhutto said on Monday that she might allow a US military strike inside Pakistan to eliminate Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden if she were the country’s leader.

“I would hope that I would be able to take Osama bin Laden myself without depending on the Americans. But if I couldn’t do it, of course we are fighting this war together and (I) would seek their cooperation in eliminating him,” Ms Bhutto said in an interview with the BBC World News America.

Ms Bhutto, who has vowed to return to Pakistan on Oct 18 after eight years of exile, was speaking less than a week before an Oct 6 election that President Pervez Musharraf is expected to win despite his slumping popularity.

Asked by the BBC whether she would agree to let the Americans take action against Osama bin Laden in Pakistan, Ms Bhutto said her decision would depend on the strength of the evidence. “I think one really needs to see the information. So I would really, really need to see the evidence,” she said, according to a transcript of the BBC interview.

“But if there was evidence, my first reference would be to go in myself and if ... there was a difficulty on that I’d like to cooperate with the Americans.”

Ms Bhutto has remained in exile rather than face corruption charges at home. On Monday, one of her lawyers filed an application for bail in case authorities arrests her when she returns.—Reuters

Benazir says she may allow US attack to eliminate Osama -DAWN - Top Stories; October 02, 2007

I think she is loosing it, first of all i say her party doesnt get elected at ALL. But if she decids to make this decission, pakistani would go towords distruction.

and im sure she gave this statement out so the US could help her get in.

"OIL FOR FOOD SCANDAL" CASE AGAINST BB
The government today confirmed reports that it had quit from the $ 150 million money laundering case against former premier Benazir Bhutto being investigated by the Spanish authorities, but denied it was done under any deal with her.

A spokesman for the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) said the bureau had done its job and provided necessary evidence to the UN and Spanish investigating agencies on their request. However, it withdrew as a civil party from the case which was primarily a Spanish prosecution and the Pakistan Government's exchequer was not going to benefit from the outcome of the case.

He said the case against Bhutto and her "conduits" (Rehman Malik and Hassan Ali Jafferi) in the oil-for-food programme was pending before a Spanish examining magistrate in Spain's province of Valencia on charges of money laundering since 2004. He added that the Pakistan Government was informed about the case and was asked for help in the Spanish prosecution.

He said in 2006, the NAB was informed by the United Nation's independent inquiry committee (UNIIC) about the involvement of Bhutto's company Petroline FZC in the scam. He said at the last hearing in May this year, the NAB informed the Valencia court that the bureau had done its job. He added that the prosecution in Valencia would continue and the next hearing would be held in June-July.
The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - World
I wonder how much of a role this is playing in BB's histrionics? Is this the "leverage" the Americans have on her? We get you elected, and bury the investigation with some pressure on Spain, and you tow the line. Or has she realized that perhaps the only way to keep herself immune from prosecution from Spanish authorities is to "become the Prime Minister"?

If she is elected MNA and PM, and convicted in the Oil for Food scandal, what implications will it have for BB? Will she have to relinquish her "elected" position?

I think she is loosing it, first of all i say her party doesnt get elected at ALL. But if she decids to make this decission, pakistani would go towords distruction.

and im sure she gave this statement out so the US could help her get in.

‘Reconciliation’ ordinance delivers clean chit -DAWN - Top Stories; October 06, 2007

And see what gift the USA gave her for that statement.

Reconciliation’ ordinance delivers clean chit

By Ahmed Hassan

ISLAMABAD, Oct 5: President Gen Pervez Musharraf on Friday promulgated the “National Reconciliation Ordinance 2007” after a painstaking process of negotiations between government teams and the People’s Party chairperson in order to confer legitimacy on the presidential elections being held on Saturday.

The federal cabinet earlier approved the ordinance after a special meeting at the Prime Minister’s secretariat.

The ordinance, which was given the final shape on Thursday evening after Benazir Bhutto’s approval, had been put on hold pending a verdict on the stay petition against the election.

The main aim of the ordinance evidently is to give immediate relief to the PPP chairperson. She will get indemnity in all cases that were registered against her by the Nawaz Sharif government. Altaf Hussain, the Muttahida Qaumi Movement’s chief, and Interior Minister Aftab Ahmed Khan Sherpao are expected to be among the other beneficiaries.

Briefing reporters after the meeting, the ruling PML’s secretary-general, Mushahid Hussain Sayed, said only those cases would be withdrawn that were registered between Jan 1, 1986, and Oct 12, 1999, and in which no conviction was made.

An amendment in a 1999 ordinance on accountability has voided orders or judgments passed by courts in absentia.

Another amendment stipulates that all cases that were registered by the National Accountability Bureau in or outside Pakistan against holders of public offices during the period in question would be deemed to have been withdrawn. Furthermore, such persons shall not be liable to any action in future as well for acts done in good faith before the said date.

Yet another amendment — in the Code of Criminal Procedure of 1898 (Act V, Section 494) — calls for withdrawal of cases registered between Jan 1, 1986, and Oct 12, 1999, by the federal or a provincial government against any person, including an absconding accused, found to have been framed for political reasons. The law will be applicable to only those cases in which no court has given a judgment.

The federal and provincial governments will constitute review boards to examine the entire record of a case in order to determine its merits or otherwise for withdrawal.

Always i think its not for the statement.
They were already mulling efforts for bringing BB for reasons to face their save from further critisism for supporting millitary man.
And for the reason they wanted a liberal minded leader and BB and her party is considered that one.
Now lets see how she acts if she become a PM, because it would be very difficult for PPP government sustain public pressure over any toing US line.

Back
Top Bottom