What's new

Benefit of being a non-vegetarian in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, what meat is eaten in India?

lamb fish and chicken mainly eaten by both non brahmin hindus and muslims however turkey is eaten in some parts of India pork & beef are cultural taboos for hindus and muslims you will rarely see those being consumed devout Sikhs do not eat meat at all

Actually I've seen Indians who have eaten beef. Some of my Hindu friends do. It's only the older generations (their parents) that have never developed a taste for it.

i'm in India right now for vacation but in US i eat a lot of beef especially cheese burgers steaks, philly cheese steaks :) me personally i'm not religious i'll eat any kind of meat except fish because it tastes weird IMO

i'm in India right now for vacation but in US i eat a lot of beef especially cheese burgers steaks, philly cheese steaks :) me personally i'm not religious i'll eat any kind of meat except fish because it tastes weird IMO

FISH is great ... Best than all other meat .. ;)

i love seafood except for fish a majority of south asians do not prefer fish would you agree?

Don't tell that to my parents :)

You need to visit coastal areas to find the pescetarians. My parents who come from the western coast would eat fish every day if they could. They don't eat any other type of meat.

Do you think god is stupid? if god didnt want us to eat meat then he would not have given us Incisor teeth
yes, he created you. this topic is not about vegetarian and non-vegetarianism.

soya milk does not grow on soya trees dude...soya beans have to go through industrial processing to produce soya milk..while cows give us milk without any costly processing...thats why cow is given so much importance..

In that case, bufallo also deserve to be given that much importance.

Just curious, what meat is eaten in India?

Let me kill your curiosity... India is Diverse country, so the food habit is different in different places... But most commonly eaten meat is
1. Goat/Lamb: Eaten in entire India, Most costly meat (Rs 330/kg to Rs200/kg In dollars 4.4 USD/Kg- 7.4 USD/kg ). It is eaten by All religion non-veg ppl.
2. Chicken (Poultry): Eaten in entire India, Its cheaper than goat. (Chicken Meat: 80-120 INR/kg In dollars 1.75-2.66 USD/Kg )
3. Fish: Commonly eaten in India. Ppl in coastal area eat more fish than chicken Mutton .. (Fresh water fish (Rohu and Catla) 70-120 INR/Kg= 1.6-2.5USD/kg, Fresh water illis : 500Rs/Kg= 11USD/Kg, Sea water fish (cheaper 50-100Rs/Kg, Costlier 400-500INR/Kg), Prawn and shrimp 250-400INR/Kg, Squid 60Rs/Kg, Crab 120-250/Kg)
4. Beef: eaten only by Muslims, Due to less consumption, it is cheaper..
5. Pork: The least eaten meat kind.. Muslim don't eat due to their religious belief, hindu don't eat coz of their choice....\

Majority of Hindus eat non-veg occasionally, may be once or twice in month. Muslim eat 3-4 day a week.

In that case, bufallo also deserve to be given that much importance.

Your Ignorance doesn't count here...

Buffalo is equally respected in Hindu(Indian/Non western) culture.. Infact most of Indian were vegetarian or occasional non-vegetarian, thats why Animals are given such importance.... Buffalo is believed to be pet of Yamraj (The god of death).. Cow milk was solo source of nutrition for Indians, thats why it has given such importance..

Indian civilization is one of the oldest alive human civilization on earth. The religious rules are made based on civilization, Indians were farmers, thats why we are mainly vegetarian.. Where as other civilization were Hunter gatherer, thats why they are non-vegetarian....

I smell sarcasm in your posts, Though i am an occasional non-vegetarian, but it doesn't mean I mock vegetarian or mock Non-vegetarian...

I'm a vegetarian by choice and I love being one, for me it's the most humane way to live one's life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom