What's new

Bhangarh: Haunted city, where govt tells you to keep off!

Jatt Boy

BANNED
Reaction score
bhangarh-asi-haunted.jpg

There are ghosts, and there are haunted places. How many haunted places, though, have the distinction of being acknowledged by a government? None, we think.

What does the signboard say?

Here is a translation:

The Government of India
The Archeological Survey of India, Bhangarh

Important warning:
1. Entering the borders of Bhangarh before sunrise and after sunset is strictly prohibited.
2. Shepherds and woodcutters who enter Bhangarh area will face legal action.
3. The Kewda or Pandanus trees found in Bhangarh area belong to the Archaelogy Survey of India. Is it forbidden to subject this tree to any kind of harm.
Note: Anyone flouting of the rules mentioned above will face legal action.
By order
Supervisor, Archaelogical Survey Board

Those who swear by the Bhangarh’s resident ghosts, say that the ASI too is scared of the parnanormal activity associated with the fort; hence the ASI board has been put up at a safe distance from the fort, next to a temple. Many locals and visitors claim that they have witnessed paranormal activities – like sounds of music and dancing and wierd color spots in photographs of chambers.

Bhangarh is a ruined town in the Alwar district of the state of Rajasthan, India. This place is one of the most haunted places of world. It is not allowed to enter or stay inside its premises after sunset and before sunrise by govt of India. Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has put up a signboard at Bhangarh stating (among others): "Entering the borders of Bhangarh before sunrise and after sunset is strictly prohibited."

This town was established in 1573 (VS 1631) during the rule of Raja Bhagwant Das and it became the residence of his second son Madho Singh. Madho Singh was younger brother of Emperor Akbar’s General Man Singh I of Amber. At that time, Bhangarh had a population of over 10,000.

boo.jpg

Read full story - Bhangarh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

fascinating......wonder if its true and howcome myth busters and other gora researchers havent gone there and verified it yet....

even on the meerut delhi highway there is a hanuman temple. it is a crossing actually. there were very frequent accidents at that place. almost everyday. since the day that temple is constructed there had been no accidents whatsoever since 7 years.

in my home town there is british period graveyard of kids which is about 100 years old. all the graves are that of children. in middle of the graveyard there is a grave which is higher than others and has a spear into it. in rainy season the entire grave cracks up and soon it gets filled as if that there was no crack. it is said that it was a grave of some witch................

This is by far the best ghost caught on tape. Listen to the sounds too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of places like this.

UAE is filled with signs from Government as well at haunted places.

For example there's this road in Masafi where the government has switched off the street lights and before that spot comes the government has put up a lot of sign boards "It is strictly forbidden to stop here".

Rumor has it that Ghosts of women who were murdered there many decades ago attack people.

Then there's Jazirat Al Hamra.

Adam Backer Photography: The Ghost Village - Jazirat Al Hamra

It is known in Arabic with another name, literally translates into Ghost Town. People say if you go there, you're bound to see some spooky. Usually Jinns in the form of some animal (usually goat).

Haha I went there at 3am with friends. We did a lot of Ghost Hunting back in college. Armed with night vision cameras we were hoping to catch something on tape.

We saw the large figure, it seemed to not have any leg like shape. Tall guy. We slowly took our car next to him, I had my finger on the camera clicker, 5 of us all looking at what this person would look like.

As soon as we saw his face we figured out he was a tall Malbari wearing a lungi.

I've been to some very freaky places, in search for Ghosts, never really had the honor.

Jatt Boy, I take it your a Sikh. There is no such thing as ghosts of dead people in our religion, if you read the Adi Granth or Gurbani. It states that there is no such thing as "bhoot preht" (ghosts of dead people and such superstitions). It says that other souls exist, like how we exist with human body form, other souls also exist but without human body form; they are not dead people, they are just different people; and they are not necessarily all evil. And the biggest thing, never fear them! Because these "spirits" or "jinns" are more scared of us than we are of them; so when you are scared of them, they try to scare you or overpower you even more. So if you don't believe in them, they cannot even touch you or hurt you, because to you they don't even exist, but if you do ever run into it, never ever be scared, rather, curse it! They are scared of humans.

it would be very interesting to hear first hand encounters with ghosts or witches from forum members

Once my cousin who is a telecom engineer was called in at 2 of the night to fix some issue at remote site (remote sites are vacant no one is there - you just go there swipe the card do your work and get the hell out) located 30KM away from Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)..The site was located in empty desert.My cousin said when he was coming back he saw a person in middle of the desert alone who was waving at him to stop the car (The man was dressed in a nice suit and quite old).He was driving very fast but after seeing the man he started driving even faster as he was scared.Who the hell gets into the middle of the desert by himself?

Once my cousin who is a telecom engineer was called in at 2 of the night to fix some issue at remote site located 30KM away from Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)..The site was located in empty desert.My cousin said when he was coming back he saw a person in middle of the desert alone who was waving at him to stop the car (The man was dressed in a nice suit and quite old).He was driving very fast but after seeing the man he started driving even faster as he got scare.Who the hell gets into the middle of the deserve by himself?

Someone who has a broke down car :rofl: poor guy probably didn't see another car for hours :lol:

Someone who has a broke down car :rofl: poor guy probably didn't see another car for hours :lol:
fixed the typo.Well my cousin did not spot any car.He said it was empty road.He was driving at 150KM he did slow down for a bit when he saw the man but pushed the speed peddle hard when he did not notice any car and the guy was very old so he was scared.

fixed the typo.Well my cousin did not spot any car.He said it was empty road.He was driving at 150KM he did slow down for a bit when he saw the man but pushed the speed peddle hard when he did not notice any car and the guy was very old so he was scared.

I have many stories, i know a guy that drove through a cemetary at night and as he was driving a man crossed the street but the man had no legs and he simply floated across the street.

And i had another friend that claims he had night visitations, he said one night he woke up to see a man standing next to his bed, the man was dressed in a black suit.

At 3:00 am if you call/say Madhu than Madhu's spirit will come.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom