What's new

Blasphemy Charged for Recieving Text Message

Well in that case, now that you wish to bring other parts of religion into the discussion and question issues involving madrassas then lets look over the border and question Hindu problems from worshipping idols (products of thieir own manufacture) and hindu caste systems, abortions having identified the female sex of child etc etc etc.

i highlighted those parts which are insulting. nowhere in the vedas etc which you seem so knowlegable is the hindu told 2 worship idols or 2 enforce a caste system (from my ignorant limited knowledge of caste origins Krsna tells his disciples that people are born to perform essentially 4 functions and are identified as such from the work they perform which is called a caste. nowhere is it said that a person is born in a caste etc ). where in hindu scriptures does it say you must abort a female child? that was the insults i referred 2 . and 2 link this post 2 the thread, even if you make this statements in india then you will not be prosecuted for blasphemy as it is your right to critisize as long as you do not incite hatred or violence

As far as the freedom and rights of minorities in Pakistan is concerned i can tell you many Christian names that have risen up in the Pakistani society. There are many Christians in the high ups of the Civil bureaucracy, in the military and in the civil sector. So if you think this single post can undo this fact then i would say that you'll not be successful!

This thing equally holds guud for Hindus and others. i have many non-Muslims friends and have never received a complain from their side ever!

With blasphemy laws in place and a possible death penlty,,, I can see why.

What about ME???????????????? NO one is replying me? Ghazi u r debating others about ur religion of peace!!!! Its about Blasphemy do not move away from the topic!!!! Mr.Hector Aleem is innocent and he is being persecuted just because he is a Christian and he was workin for Human rights.....Is that his fault??? And u said that a person who is arrested in the case of Blasphemy is a criminal!!! what about those who are innocent!!!! 90% of Blasphemy victims are innocent!!!!! and Blasphemy law should be abolished....and I know its written in The Bible to punish the one who commits blasphemy! but these laws had been abolished from many countries!!!!! now pakistan is such a barbaric and violent country thats why the people of pakistan do not want blasphemy law to be abolished!!!!!

What about ME???????????????? NO one is replying me? Ghazi u r debating others about ur religion of peace!!!! Its about Blasphemy do not move away from the topic!!!! Mr.Hector Aleem is innocent and he is being persecuted just because he is a Christian and he was workin for Human rights.....Is that his fault??? And u said that a person who is arrested in the case of Blasphemy is a criminal!!! what about those who are innocent!!!! 90% of Blasphemy victims are innocent!!!!! and Blasphemy law should be abolished....and I know its written in The Bible to punish the one who commits blasphemy! but these laws had been abolished from many countries!!!!! now pakistan is such a barbaric and violent country thats why the people of pakistan do not want blasphemy law to be abolished!!!!!

simonyaqoob - I apologise for "ignoring" you but I honestly think I didn't read any of your posts. My sincere apologies.

With regards to the 90% being innocent, that depends on whose version of events you look at. To you they are innocent. These people must have gone through trial in court and their convictions there also. If for whatever reason they were lingering in prison with no trial, then snap....most prisoners in Indian and Pakistan are the same, where people are in prison awaiting trials for trivial matters for which they would most likely be inoocent as defined in statute and law but sit in prison due to a corrupt and informal court/prison system.

This is not a single issue of blashpemes lingering in prison and I don't see why priority should be given only to them, but should be done throughout.

With regards to Mr Hector Aleem, I do not know the ins and outs and the Court will obviously hold trial and neither you will know what had occurred in trial. Therefore your point of him being innocent is your point not that of others.

Simonyaqoob - Another thread you may wish to refer to is "indian fishermen arrested". This goes to show just how bad the situation in Pakistani prisons are with fisherment from both countries getting stranded for decades on end.

simonyaqoob - I apologise for "ignoring" you but I honestly think I didn't read any of your posts. My sincere apologies.

With regards to the 90% being innocent, that depends on whose version of events you look at. To you they are innocent. These people must have gone through trial in court and their convictions there also. If for whatever reason they were lingering in prison with no trial, then snap....most prisoners in Indian and Pakistan are the same, where people are in prison awaiting trials for trivial matters for which they would most likely be inoocent as defined in statute and law but sit in prison due to a corrupt and informal court/prison system.

This is not a single issue of blashpemes lingering in prison and I don't see why priority should be given only to them, but should be done throughout.

With regards to Mr Hector Aleem, I do not know the ins and outs and the Court will obviously hold trial and neither you will know what had occurred in trial. Therefore your point of him being innocent is your point not that of others.

Isnt it kind of strange Mullahs can call for the mass murder of women and children,,, promote honor killings and nothing is done,,,but one Blasphemist word against the prophet or the Koran and 50 police show up beat the hell out of you and your on the way to be excuted,,no wonder Pakistan is so screwed up.

watch out - you could be next...

Isnt it kind of strange Mullahs can call for the mass murder of women and children,,, promote honor killings and nothing is done,,,but one Blasphemist word against the prophet or the Koran and 50 police show up beat the hell out of you and your on the way to be excuted,,no wonder Pakistan is so screwed up.

Save My Father Hector Aleem

Submitted by Mehwish Aleem on Thu, 12/03/2009 - 10:24

At a time that the United Nations called Switzerland's ban on new minarets "clearly discriminatory and deeply divisive,” and the whole world is condemning the Swiss for their vote, I would like to bring to the attention of the world my plight.

My name is Mehwish Aleem and my father (Hector Aleem) is a human rights activist in Pakistan. He has been working as a human rights activist since 1996. He is running an NGO with the name of PEACE WORLDWIDE. Hector Aleem has worked for Christians and Muslims without prejudice. But today Hector Aleem is in jail and he could be killed at any time.

My father was working for a church destroyed by CDA (capital development authority) in Islamabad Pakistan. The church was destroyed because according to CDA it was built illegally. The charge was false.

There are many mosques in Islamabad (the capital of Pakistan) that are built with no permit, but if anyone objects to them, all Muslims riot and as the result no one dare to touch them. For example, there was a vacant lot near my house and a Maulvi (Muslim leader) started to build a mosque on it. The land actually belonged to an absentee owner. When the owner learned about it, he protested and asked for the destruction of the illegally built mosque. All Muslims rioted and threatened the owner. As the result he was forced to give up his land in order to save his life. The government did not interfere. Churches on the other hand are destroyed by the governments’ own agents.

When Hector Aleem objected the destruction of the church he was faced several lawsuits ranging from fraud to criminal charges. He fought all of them in the courts and proved his innocence.
His opponents also tried to assassinate him several times. The Maulvies threatened him that if he continues to work for the church or preach Christianity they would kill him and kill his sons, and would marry off his daughters to Muslims forcing them to convert to Islam.
During this time Hector Aleem received a Peace award by Mr. Yousaf Raza Gillani the prime minister of Pakistan. One month later, on 21st January, 2009 he was arrested by the police. They severely beat him and tortured him mentally and physically. After 24 hours of not knowing what were the charges, we were told that his offence is blasphemy, a charge that caries death penalty in Pakistan.

According to the first information report someone sent a blasphemous message to a leader of Sunni Tehreek (a Muslim extremist organization) and that sender had once contacted my father. So my father is guilty by association. Since they could not find that person, they arrested my father.

Hector Aleem, is 51 years old and is a heart patient. He is not allowed to take his medication and is denied visitation. During his trial a large mob gathered in front of the court chanting slogans against him and threatened the judge that if he releases my father they will kill him themselves and they will destroy the court and will also kill the judge and the lawyer who defended my father. Under the mob’s pressure, the judge refused bail. The lawyer of the plaintiffs, who is a Maulvi, threatened the judge that if he releases my father, he (my father) will be killed as soon as he steps outside the court.

Then on 24 June 2009, chief justice of Pakistan Mr. Iftikhar Ahmed Chaudry granted my father bail, but the Maulvies lodged many other criminal cases against him so that he cannot come out.

Hector Aleem is still in jail. It is one year since his capture. The police are in cahoots with the Maulvies. Once two policemen went to my father’s cell and told him that even if he is granted a bail they will not let a blasphemer out. They will lodge so many cases against him that he will not be able to bear them. Soon after that they proceeded to lodge more charges against my father. They used to take him to the police station every fifteen days, where they beat him and torture him in front of the Maulvies and the Taliban.

I am crying out for help. I plead to all those who champion the right of Muslims to build more minarets to also champion the right to life of the minorities in Islamic countries. Are minarets more important than our lives?

Please sign my petition. Please write to the Pakistani authorities listed bellow and ask them to release my father Hector Aleem as soon as possible. He is not guilty of any crime and the accusations of blasphemy that are made against are false. They want to destroy him because he objected to the destruction of a church.
Today, all our family is in hiding. All of us have received death threats. My siblings and I have left our studies and hide for our safety. There is no future for us in this country. If my father is released he will be killed by the mob. We need to get out of Pakistan. Please help us if you can. We don’t know where to turn and whom to ask for help.

There is so much hoo-ha about the ban of minarets in Switzerland, but will anyone hear our cry? Is erecting minarets more important than the lives of non-Muslims living in Islamic countries?

Please make my cry and cry of my family reach to the ears of those who care. We have done nothing wrong. Our only crime is to be Christians in an Islamic country.

Please contact these authorities and tell them to release my father. They know Hector Aleem is innocent, they are afraid of the mob. Your concern will give them the excuse to act.

Save My Father Hector Aleem | Islam | FaithFreedom

Truthseeker - This is a point of view from his Son, not very independent and someone who will try anything to save his father. This is his point of view and story and who knows how much of this is true. He was granted bail and is currently facing many other charges, where theres smoke theres fire.....your post doesn't mean anything

True Asim very sad story. The authorities really kept this away from the mainstream media. It nothing new very common even in the GCC countries to hide things from mainstream media. This happens to countries were there is no freedom of speech.

Anyways i did a google on Hector and there are hundreds of forums and blogs on this. It even is available on twitter

True Asim very sad story. The authorities really kept this away from the mainstream media. It nothing new very common even in the GCC countries to hide things from mainstream media. This happens to countries were there is no freedom of speech.

Anyways i did a google on Hector and there are hundreds of forums and blogs on this. It even is available on twitter
Well Pakistani media and GCC media are poles apart. There is no chance of the authorities keeping things away. That too when its simply the police who get zero respect from the media (75% of the time, rightly so).

Pakistan Christian Post has always been a doubtful news source. It has been caught posting religious angles on news stories lets say if me and you fight (assuming you're Christian) it will declare "Muslim fights Christian".

Daily Times, Dawn and Geo have all covered the plight of minorities being meted out injustice before. I would wait off till one of the big guns put their weight behind it.

Have ya seen this??? I told you Hector Aleem is innocent....He is a well known Human Rights activist in Pakistan and in other countries!!! and as his daughter said he also recieved a peace award from Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani, which shows that he really was workin for peace and for human rights! getting a peace award is not a common thing!!!!! in Dec 2008 he is getting a peace award and in Jan 2009 he is arrested for Blasphemy???? Man look at the justice in Pakistan....Pakistani courts are not Just!!!! and people who are saying that all news from Pakistan Christian Post are fake!!!! you know what??? GEO NEWS also broadcast fake news...this channel also hides the truth and this channel is in full favor of Muslims and they dont give a crap about Christians or other minorities!!!!! but u people watch Geo News because its in ur favor!!!!
Truthseeker>>>>>man u r doin an awesome job! keep doin it! God Bless Ya.....And yeah people r against tuthseeker and Mr. Hector Aleem because they are telling the truth!!!!! they are tryin to work but some barbaric and violent people wont let them work!!!! Pakistan can never progress if people like you keep on living in Pakistan!!

Have ya seen this??? I told you Hector Aleem is innocent....He is a well known Human Rights activist in Pakistan and in other countries!!! and as his daughter said he also recieved a peace award from Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani, which shows that he really was workin for peace and for human rights! getting a peace award is not a common thing!!!!! in Dec 2008 he is getting a peace award and in Jan 2009 he is arrested for Blasphemy???? Man look at the justice in Pakistan....Pakistani courts are not Just!!!! and people who are saying that all news from Pakistan Christian Post are fake!!!! you know what??? GEO NEWS also broadcast fake news...this channel also hides the truth and this channel is in full favor of Muslims and they dont give a crap about Christians or other minorities!!!!! but u people watch Geo News because its in ur favor!!!!
Truthseeker>>>>>man u r doin an awesome job! keep doin it! God Bless Ya.....And yeah people r against tuthseeker and Mr. Hector Aleem because they are telling the truth!!!!! they are tryin to work but some barbaric and violent people wont let them work!!!! Pakistan can never progress if people like you keep on living in Pakistan!!

Get a grip of yourself man.....you sound like your having a breakdown.

Just because someone got a Peace prize doesn't mean they cannot commit a crime. The very fact that a Christian received a Peace prixe in Pakistan tells a different story altogether. Now, courts in Pakistan will listen to evidence and hold a trial. You say he is in prison and awaiting trial then lets see if he gets convicted and if so, why. He has not been convicted but is on remand in prison as there is a very real likelihood of him not answering his bail and escape Pakistan. Any country would grant a remand in custody with that sought of suspicion.

Cool it down and try to hear the other side. Just because you are a Christain doesn't mean you are right Sir.

Back
Top Bottom