What's new

Boeing to fly F/A-18 Super Hornet to Goa for operational demonstrations for Indian Navy

Not sure. Armed forces recently spoke about common platforms to utilize the same resources of each other forces. Choosing Rafale could bring down maintenance and weapons cost down.
It just makes a lot of sense and glad they finally got to their senses.

Rafale won’t fit in Vikrant’s lift
Maybe the LIFT could be modified?

India attack to Pakistan will lead to Muslim world trade sanction to India. More over weapons supply from Muslim world and possibly China.
Don't count on Indonesia, Middle Eastern countries, Bangladesh, and Malaysia to do anything against India in the event of India-Pak war. They'll just offer vapid statements.

Not sure. Armed forces recently spoke about common platforms to utilize the same resources of each other forces. Choosing Rafale could bring down maintenance and weapons cost down.
Please go for Rafale. I would like to see Super Hornets remain available as a maritime strike option for BAF/BN.

than its pretty much f18 than or is there any other option?
Yup only Hornets, MiG-29Ks are out if equation now. LCA Navy is a light fighter so only in limited numbers would be acquired. We’ll see how Navy does the job. Rafale doesn’t have foldable wings and it was designed taking French carrier’s lift dimensions into account.

Don't count on Indonesia, Middle Eastern countries, Bangladesh, and Malaysia to do anything against India in the event of India-Pak war. They'll just offer vapid statements.

If Pakistan attack India, no Muslim countries will help Pakistan. This is something that Pakistani needs to understand.

But if India will try invade other part of Kashmir, I am sure there will be OIC meeting held to discuss it and the outcome will be at least energy sanction to India. No oil, no gas, and no coal. Weapon supply is very likely to happen through Afghan-Pakistan border.

This is the past that I see unlikely to happen, but it has become a history related to Muslim brotherhood is not a slogan

Golden Shark Adventure in Pakistan​

Two Indonesian Navy submarines were sent to Pakistan. His mission: join the war against India.​

By Hendi Johari | 03 May 2021

Last edited:
If Pakistan attack India, no Muslim countries will help Pakistan. This is something that Pakistani needs to understand.

But if India will try invade other part of Kashmir, I am sure there will be OIC meeting held to discuss it and the outcome will be at least energy sanction to India. No oil, no gas, and no coal. Weapon supply is very likely to happen through Afghan-Pakistan border.

This is the past that I see unlikely to happen, but it has become a history related to Muslim brotherhood is not a slogan

Golden Shark Adventure in Pakistan​

Two Indonesian Navy submarines were sent to Pakistan. His mission: join the war against India.​

By Hendi Johari | 03 May 2021

Believe me, the oil exporting nations will not go against India.
As for Indonesia supporting Pakistan 1965, geopolitics has evolved a lot since then. Indonesia's relations with India is stronger than with Pakistan.

Believe me, the oil exporting nations will not go against India.
As for Indonesia supporting Pakistan 1965, geopolitics has evolved a lot since then. Indonesia's relations with India is stronger than with Pakistan.

Attacking Pakistan will provoke many Muslim nations. 1970's oil embargo is another example where Muslim countries even embargo oil to USA due to its support in Arab-Israel war.

Invading Kashmir is not something that will be seen as only Pakistani problem, this is huge thing and even international community will likely to impose sanction to India despite will not as severe as what Muslim countries will do

Afgan-USSR war and Bosnian war is also another example.

You need to see the magnitude here. Muslim will be united if it is about India wanting to invade Pakistani controlled Kashmir.

Different with Iraq where Saddam wanted to invade Saudi and had invaded Kuwait. He is viewed as bad leaders by Muslims leaders. Saddam also the one who started attacking Iran.

Last edited:
India attack to Pakistan will lead to Muslim world trade sanction to India. More over weapons supply from Muslim world and possibly China.

The Muslim World isn't going to do anything for Pakistan when they themselves can't do anything for themselves, Palestine, Kashmir, Burma, Iraq, etc., so we're not expecting anything from anyone.

Yup only Hornets, MiG-29Ks are out if equation now. LCA Navy is a light fighter so only in limited numbers would be acquired. We’ll see how Navy does the job. Rafale doesn’t have foldable wings and it was designed taking French carrier’s lift dimensions into account.

Please go for Rafale. I would like to see Super Hornets remain available as a maritime strike option for BAF/BN.
The F/A-18 Hornet can carry up to four anti-submarine missiles as compared to one by the Rafale-M fighter....
F-18 Super Hornet can fit into both elevators of IAC-1 with folded wings. A maximum of eight two-seater F-18 fighters are capable of launching from the deck of both Vikrant or Vikramaditya unlike Rafale-M two-seaters, which can only operate from shore-based facility and thus losing one-third of its combat capacity. This means while F-18 twin-seater fighters can be launched from carrier deck during war, the twin-seater Rafale-M fighters can only be launched from the shore.

Just looking at the pending orders for Rafale in the pipeline makes me wonder how feasible that’s going to be.

Doesn't matter. GoI with it's slow pace of acquisitions can take it's time wrt delivery. Plus Rafale M should have separate jigs.

Rafale's naval variant was reported to have some issues during trial

I have no idea reg this news.

Back
Top Bottom