What's new

Boeing to fly F/A-18 Super Hornet to Goa for operational demonstrations for Indian Navy

This will be operated by Navy, not Air Force, so the maintenance will be handled by different maintenance depo

I am agree on the weapon communality though, so Tejas doesnt use American missile ???

Maybe there will be integration with India missile, so once again this can be brought to the proposal

Hornet is lot cheaper than Rafale and the Superhornet I believe has more range than Rafale

That is what the govt is trying to bring in. Common maintenance teams. Back in 2010-12, GoI signed 2 separate Apache deals, one for Army and one for AF with separate maintenance contract with OEM which ballooned the cost. Post 2017, at least on paper it has been decided to use or pool common resources for the same platform across forces.
All the forces are being theaterised. Theatre commander will most likely command logistics, maintenance of his platforms under his operational area. That is also one of the main advocates of theaterisation, that it can bring down costs. The process is still ongoing. We still do not know if taxpayers have saved any money yet.

This will be operated by Navy, not Air Force, so the maintenance will be handled by different maintenance depo

I am agree on the weapon communality though, so Tejas doesnt use American missile ???

Maybe there will be integration with India missile, so once again this can be brought to the proposal

Hornet is lot cheaper than Rafale and the Superhornet I believe has more range than Rafale

And no. No Indian armed forces uses American missiles except Hellfire for Apaches. So F18 means new US missiles.

Rafale won’t fit in Vikrant’s lift

No. This is very very old news. Lift measurements was done when vikrant was unveiled. Lift is not the problem here. It can even take F18 which is probably 1,5 times bigger than Rafale.

It's the maintenance hangers in the IAC, the Taxii area inside the hangers which is going to be an problem. It can be adjusted but it would need some work on the carrier again.

although the best candidate for IN maybe refale too but will In go for another aircraft for just 26 number? isn't that too low of a number for a new type? may be rafale M ?

Meant to be a stop gap. India is working on twin engined deck based fighter based on experience learned from Tejas N. Those will start replacing 42 off Mig29k remaining with IN. 26 is meant to be fill in numbers for our new carrier till the new fighter comes in.

The original planned requirements I believe back in 2000's was for 90 Mig29k for 2 carrier. INS Vikramaditya can carry 24 fighters, while INS Vikrant can carry 30 fighters. The remaining fighters are meant for alternative deployment so life is longer on each aircraft. But with problem in Mig29k, Navy didn't want to order more of the same. Russian support for Mig29k has been horrendous to say the least.

No it won't.

Yes it is. I know some Muslim is secular, others dont

Golden Shark Adventure in Pakistan​

Two Indonesian Navy submarines were sent to Pakistan. His mission: join the war against India.​

By Hendi Johari | 03 May 2021

Unless the ship version of F35s are offered I can't see india buying American fighters.

If Pakistan attack India, no Muslim countries will help Pakistan. This is something that Pakistani needs to understand.

But if India will try invade other part of Kashmir, I am sure there will be OIC meeting held to discuss it and the outcome will be at least energy sanction to India. No oil, no gas, and no coal. Weapon supply is very likely to happen through Afghan-Pakistan border.

This is the past that I see unlikely to happen, but it has become a history related to Muslim brotherhood is not a slogan

Golden Shark Adventure in Pakistan​

Two Indonesian Navy submarines were sent to Pakistan. His mission: join the war against India.​

By Hendi Johari | 03 May 2021

India doesn't have to fire the first shot. Provoking Pakistan to take the first shot is easy. All past Indo-Pak conflicts were started by Pakistan.

Last edited:
Attacking Pakistan will provoke many Muslim nations. 1970's oil embargo is another example where Muslim countries even embargo oil to USA due to its support in Arab-Israel war.

Invading Kashmir is not something that will be seen as only Pakistani problem, this is huge thing and even international community will likely to impose sanction to India despite will not as severe as what Muslim countries will do

Afgan-USSR war and Bosnian war is also another example.

You need to see the magnitude here. Muslim will be united if it is about India wanting to invade Pakistani controlled Kashmir.

Different with Iraq where Saddam wanted to invade Saudi and had invaded Kuwait. He is viewed as bad leaders by Muslims leaders. Saddam also the one who started attacking Iran.
Believe me nobody among the muslim countries will give two hoots about Kashmir. It's not a holy region for Muslims unlike Israel/Jerusalem but still you see the level of support for that cause is poor, nowdays mostly lip service.
Not to mention that affairs of south asian muslims aren't seen with the same lens of seriousness due to racism in the Arab world, harsh but the truth.
The middle east countries are in fear of loosing out their business due to rise in renewable resources and as such nobody would want to loose the major developing market of India.
Yes you might see an OIC meet or two, have a good lunch say we condemn the actions and that's a wrap.

Believe me nobody among the muslim countries will give two hoots about Kashmir. It's not a holy region for Muslims unlike Israel/Jerusalem but still you see the level of support for that cause is poor, nowdays mostly lip service.
Not to mention that affairs of south asian muslims aren't seen with the same lens of seriousness due to racism in the Arab world, harsh but the truth.
The middle east countries are in fear of loosing out their business due to rise in renewable resources and as such nobody would want to loose the major developing market of India.
Yes you might see an OIC meet or two, have a good lunch say we condemn the actions and that's a wrap.

LOL why do I need to believe you ? :bunny:

Man, if we can embargo Israel due to occupying Palestine, then surely we can impose sanction to India as well. Oil and gas is something every one needed, we can surely skip India for that.

Remember 1970 ? When Muslim nation embargo supplying USA with our oil and gas due to their support in Israel ??

Muslim nations are now getting stronger, we have 3 countries in G 20

Back
Top Bottom