What's new

Bollywood movies portray only rich Indian families

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Pakistani People discussing and pointing our Content. Indian Contents are only for Indians and not for Pakistani. Only, We have right to judge as it's made for us only. Same like Korean or American. We also don't give comment on lollywood. :rofl:

If only the same rule could be applied to all Indian members present on PDF. This thread would not have been posted in the first place :rofl:

Hollywood continues to balance out big budget blockbusters with excellent films, they even achieve in producing big budget films that are absolute cinematic treasures.

What I am saying is that mainstream dumb films for the masses should not be the ones which are used as highlights of Bollywoods talent but rather they should concentrate upon high quality film making that can showcase their capabilities.

again, the case of wrong perception.... everyone has its on taste... if u don't like a movie it doesn't mean it's a crap.... and it is simple .. it is India specific.. as per the liking of Indians.... we have films for both segment masses and classes..

again, the case of wrong perception.... everyone has its on taste... if u don't like a movie it doesn't mean it's a crap.... and it is simple .. is is India specific.. as per the liking of Indians.... we have films for both segment masses and classes..

Its not India specific because Bollywood has fans all over the world and it markets its films to a global audience.

One of the biggest problems that faces Indian cinema is the inability to produce realistic films that also appeal to the masses.

You either have over the top films or hyper realistic films that are meant to be for critical accolades.

Bollywood is the representative of changing society in subcontinent. Earlier people used to feel uncomfortable with a single kiss and now dostana is considered a family movie! Bollwood has veriety of genre so its not right to genralize it! It has its own charm which is unique in every sence!! Though south indian industry produce better quality movie and has huge turnover than bollwood, its bollywood which is world famos due to its uniqeness

Its not India specific because Bollywood has fans all over the world and it markets its films to a global audience.

One of the biggest problems that faces Indian cinema is the inability to produce realistic films that also appeal to the masses.

You either have over the top films or hyper realistic films that are meant to be for critical accolades.

again.. last line is based on ur own perception.. which doesn't hold any water...

Indians films are making huge profit both at home and at international market..

see the difference.. we indian love dance, songs, gags, etc... which is missing in other film industry

in every film we have at-least 6-7 songs... the target audience of bollywood is Indian only and the NRIs

Both Devdas are crap. SRK one the crappier.
Dev D is brilliant.

Dont agree with you on that one..
To me.. the 50's Devdas,Bandini,Angoor, Bawarchi etc.. are gems of Indian cinema.
Nothing gets better in comedy than the original Padosan by Mehmood..
And I do recall the poor against the rich/creeps themes of the 70's.. mostly dominated by AB.
Newer movies carry more vulgarity.. and less emotion than those movies.
Although I did like the theme in "Ishqiya".

And apart from a few good pieces here and there, more Indian movies have slipped into using skin and slapstick to earn bucks.

On the issue of poverty.. Peepli Live was one such story that touched on it.
But the current focus is on the middle class, which now makes up a large portion of the Indian Urban populous and those that attend the big bucks cinema.

again.. last line is based on ur own perception.. which doesn't hold any water...

see the difference.. we indian love dance, songs, gags, etc... which is missing in other film industry

in every film we have at-least 6-7 songs... the target audience of bollywood is Indian only and the NRIs

So list a film for me which was a very big hit and it was also realistic in its approach, something that came out in the last five years.

I will watch it and comment if your point of view is correct.

Music can remain, that is not the problem but what I am talking about is the ability to produce high quality films which showcase direction, acting and cinematography.

If the target audience was only Indians and NRI's, why do they release films in Pakistan then?

Anyway, irrespective of indvidual opinions on this forum, bollywood has half of Pak and BD captive.As long as the money keeps rolling in we shouldnt care. Bollywood also has all their top talents waiting to show their stuff. that only improves the overall quality of india.

So list a film for me which was a very big hit and it was also realistic in its approach, something that came out in the last five years.

Music can remain, that is not the problem but what I am talking about is the ability to produce high quality films which showcase direction, acting and cinematography.

If the target audience was only Indians and NRI's, why do they release films in Pakistan then?

u can start with Taare zameen per... a master piece,

pyaar ka punchnama .. a very nice movie

stanley ka dabba

kaminey

chalo dilli

munna bhai

etc...

a lot of movies that i liked...

they do release movies in pakistan because of business perspective.. but they dont make films in keeping them in mind...'

Hollywood movies release in India but it's content doesn't have to do with Indian.. that is entirely west specific

3 idiots, life in a metro, no one killed jessica, udaan, there are many actually

3 idiots, life in a metro, no one killed jessica, udaan, there are many actually

One movie is enough.. the most mind blowing.. A Wednesday

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

PLease watch A Wednesday.. No songs to trouble you. Very realistic and mind blowing. Let me know after you do.

one thing I can see. our western brothers know more about bollywood than the average indian.

One movie is enough.. the most mind blowing.. A Wednesday

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

PLease watch A Wednesday.. No songs to trouble you. Very realistic and mind blowing. Let me know after you do.

the movie "Aamir" starring Rajeev Khandelwal... that was also awesome

Fashion, raajneeti, taare zameen par, wake up sid , all were realistic and big hit

bollywood is always having underworld links(as per what I've read from 1980s :D ) . The Money invested in Bollywood from olden days are also from other countries especially pakistan directly or indirectly.
the indirect influence can be seen by the carrying of Pakistani themes,charactors in some movies.
for eg: that song from the movie "Zanjeer" from the end 70s .. Pran acting as a Pakthun singing afghan music (Yaari Hai Eemaan Mera Yaar. ..) ...we don't have Pakthuns in India FYI, URDU(with heavy persian words filled songs) language enforced on movies. Current Hindi movies can be understood by most Indians as it caters Indian audience. the 60s,70s are made for whole of Middle East including Pakistan. Not for India.(I am going a li'l overboard..still..)

For Me, Bollywood is the Industry of 5 states predominantly Uttarpradesh. Regional movies are shown almost exclusively in many south Indian states,West Bengal. many don't Identify with Hindi Movies in India JFYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom