What's new

Bollywood movies portray only rich Indian families

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last movie based on india i saw was "slumdog millionaire" by danny boyle...... awesome movie.......... n the last Pakistani movie i saw was "Khuda K Liye"............... going to watch "slackistan" n "gol chakar" soon........... n waiting for "Waar"....... Revival of Pakistani cinema it seems.

But only after you bwhahahaha! :P :D

There are some great independent Pakistani films coming out, such as Bol, Kaptaan, Waar, Streets of Karachi, Kolachi, Freedom of Sound etc. There are some great ones released already, such as Kashf, Ramchand Pakistani, Khuda Ke Liye, Khamosh Pani, Glorious Resolve etc. But that's not the discussion.

I feel this is an era where independent filmmaking will rise, & leave behind 'conventional filmmaking' based on a fixed formula/genre. Which is why the independent Indian film "Gandu" was received so well here in America, because it had a sense of realism to it. Even Hollywood has lost its charm, & is only bringing about crappy movies on scene. This is the age where independent filmmaking will thrive.

There are some great independent Pakistani films coming out, such as Bol, Kaptaan, Waar, Streets of Karachi, Kolachi, Freedom of Sound etc. There are some great ones released already, such as Kashf, Ramchand Pakistani, Khuda Ke Liye, Glorious Resolve etc. But that's not the issue of discussion here.

I feel this is an era where independent filmmaking will rise, & leave behind 'conventional filmmaking' based on a fixed formula/genre. Which is why the independent Indian film "Gandu" was received so well here in America, because it had a sense of realism to it. Even Hollywood has lost its charm, & is only bringing about crappy movies on scene. This is the age where independent filmmaking will thrive.

Sorry buddy, I hardly watch Bollywood films so I probably won't be watching any Lollywood films. Hollywood/Korean and Japanese anime are more to my taste.

Akshay Kumar after Bhul Bhulaiya...has worked in shitty movies. 80% of our movies are not worth watching. Except a few actors and directors..most of them are churning our poor movies. Sad!

I like the works of Anurag Kashyap, Prakash Jha and Aamir Khan.

Bollywood is not for terrorists,politicians,religious fanatics and constipated nerds.

Akshay Kumar after Bhul Bhulaiya...has worked in shitty movies. 80% of our movies are not worth watching. Except a few actors and directors..most of them are churning our poor movies. Sad!

I like the works of Anurag Kashyap, Prakash Jha and Aamir Khan.

it depends on your taste..don't generalize things..I liked almost every bollywood movie that has released this yr..Pyar Ka Panchnama..even Prince and Rakhtcharitra were pretty cool...but yes the likes of Chandini Chowk to China,Jhoom Barabar Jhoom and Tashan pop up all the time.

For me the best movies of this yr are:-(which did avg to flop business)

1.Dhobi Ghat
2.No One Killed Jessica
3.7 khoon Maaf
4.Ragini MMS
5.Shaitan
6.Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji
7.Tanu Weds Manu
8.Chalo Dilli
9Haunted – 3D
10.Luv Ka The End
11.Bheja Fry 2
....frankly ignoring the sci-fi aspect of Hollywood..Bollywood is way ahead in depiction of human emotions,relations and values especially in the context of developing countries and societies like India and Pakistan.

Sorry buddy, I hardly watch Bollywood films so I probably won't be watching any Lollywood films. Hollywood/Korean and Japanese anime are more to my taste.

Tae Guk Gi is an awesome korean movie! recomended by a N.korean frnd of mine........ i thanked her alot after watchin this movie!

Tae Guk Gi is an awesome korean movie! recomended by a N.korean frnd of mine........ i thanked her alot after watchin this movie!

Yeah, 'Tae Guk Gi' is one of the better known ones. There's lots of other great ones too like 'Oldboy', 'JSA' etc. etc.

And how much you pakisthani love each other is visible by you posting in a thread on Bollywood (which is Indian movie industry, in case you dont know this too).

oh you're a genius; what is the subject of discussion i.e. the threat title

for me -- most ideal is to ban these films since they add no value to our society; the older indian films were fantastic films. From what i hear, the new stuff is mostly low budget garbage; the big budget films steal themes from other movies released in hollywood.

as i said earlier, it sets a bad example for our youth but then again so do a lot of other things

(e.g. zardari)

I've seen a couple of Kollywood & Tollywood movies as well, & even though they are similar to Bollywood in a few ways, have better quality than the ones in Bollywood in my opinion, although I haven't watched enough to make a sound judgment on that subject.

What movie you saw ? Choosing the movie is important in Tamil.

Bollywood movies are nowadays becoming more for multiplex oriented crowds with more urbane themes,homosexuality, infidelity...a bit morre artificial etc.

For a closer to home feel South Indian movies are good as they are still made for the single screen audience who are more rooted.

This is not to say all the Bolly movies are bad --- but most. Last year Dabangg,Rakta Charitra,LSD,Rajneeti etc were slick and awesome.

Shitty, preachy movie. I don't understand why people liked such a fake movie.....

My man !!!

oh you're a genius; what is the subject of discussion i.e. the threat title

for me -- most ideal is to ban these films since they add no value to our society. From what i hear, the new stuff is mostly low budget garbage; the big budget films steal themes from other movies released in hollywood.

as i said earlier, it sets a bad example for our youth but then again so do a lot of other things

(e.g. zardari)

Agreed!

Bollywood is a total farce! An industry based upon importing men/women from other countries as they can't find even one good looking person from a nation that comprises of a billion + population and to add insult to injury the women are extremely ugly and caked up with make-up and have bright lights shone on them while filming to give them a Pakistani look when in reality they have an extremely dark skin tone.

All Indian related things should certainly be censored/banned in Pakistan as there is certainly no need for our people to observe any vile and grotesque crap that comes from across our eastern border!

I don't remember the name, my Tamil friend showed it to me online.

Try seeing Aadukalam - with subtitles. Winner of six national awards and a blockbuster back home.

All Indian related things should certainly be censored/banned in Pakistan as there is certainly no need for our people to observe any that comes from across our eastern border!

Please don't do that. The entire industry of Bollywood is based on Pakistani audience and if you ban it will crash . Kids.,

Agreed!

Bollywood is a total farce! An industry based upon importing men/women from other countries as they can't find even one good looking person from a nation that comprises of a billion + population and to add insult to injury the women are extremely ugly and caked up with make-up and have bright lights shone on them while filming to give them a Pakistani look when in reality they have an extremely dark skin tone.

All Indian related things should certainly be censored/banned in Pakistan as there is certainly no need for our people to observe any vile and grotesque crap that comes from across our eastern border!

all the pakistanis should start watching LOLlywood.. :rofl:

That extravagance is just Karan Johar's idea of prosperity.I have seen movies set in some pind and people there are prosperous too without extravagance.

:) prosperity and portraying one's own complex are two different things. showing a poor village girl wearing tons of make up and gold is not at all any wise idea to show prosperity.

thats what i am saying. what is shown in Indian movies or dramas is NOT at all real India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom