What's new

Bollywood movies portray only rich Indian families

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are' bhai, while 3 idiots was a funny movie, as are others: the content of Dil Se was important for the realities of the situation, & it was a very groundbreaking movie. I like movies with a bit of realism in them, of course not the KKHH, hum dil de chuke sanam type of movies. It's my personal opinion.

Bilal Miyan,

Yeh movieyaan dekhlijiyega tho,

1.Oye Lucky,Lucky Oye(4*)
2.Love Sex Aur Dhoka(4.5*)
3.Khosla Ka Ghosla(5 star)
4.Manorama Six feet Under
5.Gulaal
6.Black Friday
7.Paanch(on youtube/torrent)
8.1.40 ki last local
9.Dev D
10.Socha Na Tha
11.Jab we met
12.Love Aaj Kal
13.7 khoon maaf
14.Maqbool(i guess u shud love it proper up/bihar urdu slang and a 7 star out of five movie)
15.Omkara
16.Haasil
17.Ab Tak Chappan

bollywood is always having underworld links(as per what I've read from 1980s :D ) . The Money invested in Bollywood from olden days are also from other countries especially pakistan directly or indirectly.
the indirect influence can be seen by the carrying of Pakistani themes,charactors in some movies.
for eg: that song from the movie "Zanjeer" from the end 70s .. Pran acting as a Pakthun singing afghan music (Yaari Hai Eemaan Mera Yaar. ..) ...we don't have Pakthuns in India FYI, URDU(with heavy persian words filled songs) language enforced on movies. Current Hindi movies can be understood by most Indians as it caters Indian audience. the 60s,70s are made for whole of Middle East including Pakistan. Not for India.(I am going a li'l overboard..still..)

For Me, Bollywood is the Industry of 5 states predominantly Uttarpradesh. Regional movies are shown almost exclusively in many south Indian states,West Bengal. many don't Identify with Hindi Movies in India JFYI.

It is not like that.

Most people who founded bollywood including Prithviraj Kapoor etc are from Punjab(Pakistani) and Sindh,NWFP and the likes.They landed in Bombay and started the industry.And they are also the most good looking people around(aacroding to a specific stereotype of good looks) and they made the rules of its existence.

All the south indian states have completely no bollywood influence,they just plain watch it.They have their own movies with Kerala having some great creators and TN also has some superb movies but it ll be difficult for the pakistani people to appreciate the culture but still some breathtaking stuff is there.

East India is a little cut off but not as much as south india.Rest are pretty much hooked.

These days there is some very good pseudo-indepnedent(not in a bad way) cinema coming up with people like Dibakar Banerjee(watch out for him),Anurag Kashyap and the likes who promote small budget movies with great content and quality and people like Abhay Deol have been instrumental in this happening.

So the language is heavily on the urdu side and often urdu words used by protagonists instead of a sanskrit equivalent.But if you go to Delhi and around and above,most hindus often use words that are in urdu than Sanskrit.

The Khan culture used to at its peak but nowadays things are very different and no production house enjoys so much domination.People watch movies on ******** and they dont tolerate the usual bullshit anymore.

A Wednesday was a brilliant film...one of bollywoods best film.

So list a film for me which was a very big hit and it was also realistic in its approach, something that came out in the last five years.

I will watch it and comment if your point of view is correct.

Music can remain, that is not the problem but what I am talking about is the ability to produce high quality films which showcase direction, acting and cinematography.

If the target audience was only Indians and NRI's, why do they release films in Pakistan then?

Pakistani people are obvious target of these films.It is just that the society(Pakistani) is not too different from North India(Punjab+Haryana+Rajasthan+Western UP+Himachal).Thats why they dont differentiate much.Thats why pakistani music(Nusrat saab and even rock bands like junoon etc) is a huge hit in India and i have seen some good pak movies like Khuda ke Liye etc.It is just straight forward easy for both socities to understand movies.

The other guy doesn't know what he is talking about.

I mean Gulzar was born Hoshiar Singh Chabra in Multan.Dont tell me he is going to write lyrics that pakistanis cant understand.

lolzz if indian rich families have the culture which is shown in bollywood bharati movies then lolzzz

not only bollywood but indian dramas are also showing fake shining india. thats their hallmark stemmed out of some deep down complex

That extravagance is just Karan Johar's idea of prosperity.I have seen movies set in some pind and people there are prosperous too without extravagance.

Pakistani people are obvious target of these films.It is just that the society(Pakistani) is not too different from North India(Punjab+Haryana+Rajasthan+Western UP+Himachal).Thats why they dont differentiate much.Thats why pakistani music(Nusrat saab and even rock bands like junoon etc) is a huge hit in India and i have seen some good pak movies like Khuda ke Liye etc.It is just straight forward easy for both socities to understand movies.

The other guy doesn't know what he is talking about.

I mean Gulzar was born Hoshiar Singh Chabra in Multan.Dont tell me he is going to write lyrics that pakistanis cant understand.

They attract pakistanis... but it doesn't mean they are being made in tAKING THEM IN consideration.. that is utter BS.... nobody cares about them while making films..

They attract pakistanis... but it doesn't mean they are being made in tAKING THEM IN consideration.. that is utter BS.... nobody cares about them while making films..

That way i dont think any film is made with anyone in focus.I know people in my village who have watched sholay and love it and even sing the songs w/o understanding them.

While the subject matter (prem, ishq, pyar, mohabbat) of the 90s movies wasn't great, the scripts were much better than what is seen in today's movies. Bollywood is trying to become 'hip' like Hollywood to appeal to the people, but is losing its soul because of that. There are still some great movies in recent times such as Black, Taare Zameen Par etc, but most Bollywood movies today are extremely 'plastic', to appeal to the metropolitan masses & the 'hip' crowds. For example: while 'I pronounce you Chuck & Larry' was more suitable for America's society, 'Dostana' felt like a gimmick without any sense attached to it. 'Dostana' might be one of those movies that is modern & out there, but Indian society (& South Asia) is still very conservative, & in most circles, homosexuality is still frowned upon. Most people in South Asia choose to repress their homosexuality to be accepted by society. Even though 'Dostana' wasn't about gay people themselves, but people that wanted to make themselves look like ones, but the movie still felt like a gimmick, devoid of any soul. Most Bollywood movies today are like that, they don't have a heart.

While the subject matter (prem, ishq, pyar, mohabbat) of the 90s movies wasn't great, the scripts were much better than what is seen in today's movies. Bollywood is trying to become 'hip' like Hollywood to appeal to the people, but is losing its soul because of that. There are still some great movies in recent times such as Black, Taare Zameen Par etc, but most Bollywood movies today are extremely 'plastic', to appeal to the metropolitan masses & the 'hip' crowds. For example: while 'I pronounce you Chuck & Larry' was more suitable for America's society, 'Dostana' felt like a gimmick without any sense attached to it. 'Dostana' might be one of those movies that is modern & out there, but Indian society (& South Asia) is still very conservative, & in most circles, homosexuality is still frowned upon. Most people in South Asia choose to repress their homosexuality to be accepted by society. Even though 'Dostana' wasn't about gay people themselves, but people that wanted to make themselves look like ones, but the movie still felt like a gimmick, devoid of any soul. Most Bollywood movies today are like that, they don't have a heart.

dont watch.. if u dont like switch to some lollywood movies

dont watch.. if u dont like switch to some lollywood movies

Are' bhai, I've liked a lot of Bollywood movies over the years, but really don't watch much anymore. This was an honest opinion of mine that is not meant to be scathing, but to be taken in good spirit. There are some great independent Pakistani movies coming up, & sure, I'm watching them, but that's not what this thread is about. Don't take it the wrong way.

I've seen a couple of Kollywood & Tollywood movies as well, & even though they are similar to Bollywood in a few ways, have better quality than the ones in Bollywood in my opinion, although I haven't watched enough to make a sound judgment on that subject.

lolzzz yes lolzzz you are right lolzzz.

Btw, what is pakistani version of bollywood (Lollywood lolzzz)showing?? Whatever it is, no pakistani seems to be viewing it. so keep your lolzzz coming, good for your health. ANd when you are done with your lolzzz, just go & zzzz.

But only after you bwhahahaha! :P :D

i"ve missed Bollywood for a long time , more into tollywood and yeah , can't wait to watch Transformers 3 in 3d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom