What's new

‘Bully us, wishful thinking!’ China preps for ‘people’s war’ as trade tensions mount

Dude. Right now China is barely responding to tariffs. In response to American tariffs on 200 bn USD, China responded with tariffs on 60 bn USD.

Why is China not touching American companies in China?

Companies like GM, Ford, Tesla should be relatively easy.

It's just the beginning of a very long war, seat back and watch.

Ironical, your taxpayer dollars against China @Dungeness
Dude. Right now China is barely responding to tariffs. In response to American tariffs on 200 bn USD, China responded with tariffs on 60 bn USD.

We can put tariffs on more Chinese goods since they enjoy almost $500 billion trade surplus with us. They will run out of US items to put tariffs on, and we will still have an additional $200 billion worth of new Chinese items to still slap tariffs on them.

If we put Iran like sanctions on China, the world will stop doing business with them. It's not happening but the US has the power and influence.

We are even forcing China to stop buying oil from Iran because they fear our sanctions.

touching American companies is just like Jap 'tought' Pear habour . CN will end even faster :laugh:

China's response is more tactical, rather than the-elephant-in-the-china- shop way.

Check out the 5000 items China has placed tariffs on; each targets specific segments of US society.

The point is to hurt them, not to hurt ourselves. We do not trade war being paid by us.

So far, US seems to have let their own consumers pay for the tax on imports.

Please think logically.
US has also carefully considered the list of item for tariffs.

Yes, the US consumer pays the tariffs, but this makes Chinese items less appealing to them due to raised cost, which leads to loss of orders for Chinese firms and companies and shift of manufacturing and supply chains elsewhere.

Also, China doesn't seem to be interested in actually fighting. Look at the meek response.

Just today Huawei has been placed on the entity list.

Why can't you throw out american companies like GM, Ford, Qualcomm?

Chinese leaders have capitulated in this trade and tech fight.

It's just the beginning of a very long war, seat back and watch.

I am watching. And I can see that China is not willing to fight and is desperately seeking a trade deal with Trump. It's response to American tariffs has been so luke warm.

Yes, the US consumer pays the tariffs, but this makes Chinese items less appealing to them due to raised cost, which leads to loss of orders for Chinese firms and companies and shift of manufacturing and supply chains elsewhere.

Then we have to wait till they start buying from elsewhere (Hint: India).

Also, China doesn't seem to be interested in actually fighting. Look at the meek response.

Just today Huawei has been placed on the entity list.

Why can't you throw out american companies like GM, Ford, Qualcomm?

Chinese leaders have capitulated in this trade and tech fight.

Yes, Indeed, India would respond so powerfully, the whole west coast of the US would have tsunami.

Why throw out greenfield investment, genius? In fact, over the past 4 months, US corporate investment in China grew by 5%.

I am watching. And I can see that China is not willing to fight and is desperately seeking a trade deal with Trump. It's response to American tariffs has been so luke warm.

That's how you view it. That's because you are devoid of the long view and diplomatic rhetoric.

What can I say? "Too young, too naive", like a popular Chinese phase.

Hopefully, just trolling.

We can put tariffs on more Chinese goods since they enjoy almost $500 billion trade surplus with us. They will run out of US items to put tariffs on, and we will still have an additional $200 billion worth of new Chinese items to still slap tariffs on them.

If we put Iran like sanctions on China, the world will stop doing business with them. It's not happening but the US has the power and influence.

We are even forcing China to stop buying oil from Iran because they fear our sanctions.

Well, there is no much I can do about it. My tax dollar has been used on wars I did not agree with.

Well, there is no much I can do about it. My tax dollar has been used on wars I did not agree with.

You could ask the US to move towards a China like a surveillance system, removal of the free press, elimination of democracy, elimination of free speech, as you seem to support here.

LOL the party has just started. We will dump all the US treasury bills to trigger a financial crisis and hyperinflation. Then we will invalidate all US patents so Chinese company can copy any technology they want free of charge!

Back
Top Bottom