What's new

Can Imran come to power without 2/3 majority?

....LOL.....the same guy that will get rid of corruption in 90 days....Please save us from the BS

Recommend Alternative

Last 5 Democratic Governments
PPP PMLN PPP PMLN PPP ---------------> Please Save us from this BS

As per Topic there is no way PTI is getting 2/3 Majority in Pakistan

He just needs half of the seats plus one, in NA to become PM and also will be able to make new laws. With 2/3 majority as per Pakistan constitution he will have super majority allowing him to change the constitution. It has happened only once during democratic rule in Pakistan and that is when Nawaz became PM with 2/3 majority in 1997. With 2/3 majority, Imran Khan is going to become the king of Pakistan for 5 years. Absolute control over everything. Even the courts since he can change constitution.

Thanks. Your answer was the only one in the entire page which actually gave answer to my question.

I wish we don't get nomore elections from now onwards in our country...we don't need no politicians or governments cuz they are not for the poor pplz over here. They just come here to serve the western interests only to keep us their slaves......:smokin:

Politics is a complex game. IK is still a novice. His party is fresh. PPP and PML are old players. They are well organized at grass root. Traditional "halqa" support cannot be changed so easily. Does IK have the killer element in him? Pak political leaders need to be dirty, mean and real bad. Can IK kill or order killings as some have done? It is still far too early to count IK in.

Recommend Alternative

Last 5 Democratic Governments
PPP PMLN PPP PMLN PPP ---------------> Please Save us from this BS

ARMY PPP PMLN ARMY PPP PMLN ARMY PPP......Neither Bhutto or Nawaz got to serve there full terms,overthrown after a few years in power by the army but somehow are blamed for all the ills of pakistan.
My choice for the next party to lead pakistan would be PML-N.........i am willing to give nawaz one more chance.

well real question is can he become the leading party in election....gaining simple majority or talking about 2/3 comes later

Simple majority allows a party or coalition of parties to form government

Two-thirds majority would allow a party or coalition of parties to more easily pass laws and potentially make it easier for constitutional amendments.

Only one chance of 2/3rd Majority.
Alliance with Musharraf.
Musharraf will easily win 40+ MNA seats.

Imran Khan + Musharaf = Passion + Experience

=-==================> Stronger Pakistan

My choice for the next party to lead pakistan would be PML-N..i am willing to give nawaz one more chance.

Incase you don't know pml-n had its fair share and rule over Punjab 5 times on record, look at how Punjab is suffering. If a Party cannot prosper a Province-State it let alone ruling over Pakistan.

I can fetch a thousand cases where pml-n had paid money on any tom dick and harry problems and ignored major flood victims twice. A man a family who own 27+ Industries and a chain businesses outside Pakistan in europe pays only 1 crore rupees to salab zadgaan that too seems to be out of Punjab Govt funds not his personal anyway.

We are looking towards a new era a new government that will industrialize Pakistan, modernize Agriculture field so we can have best of both worlds under those traditional Parties we can only expact a single item upon which they repeat chest thumping oh we have done this and that over and over again.

Simple majority allows a party or coalition of parties to form government

Two-thirds majority would allow a party or coalition of parties to more easily pass laws and potentially make it easier for constitutional amendments.

Concerns Are..If same old Parties becomes coalition with PTI, would they pass a bill to make it a law that previous or currently they oppose to protect their interests.

I'm wary of such a coalition setup unless new Parties are as coalition then those traditional ANP-JI-MQM-bnp etc..

You need simple majority to form a government, i.e 51% or 137 out of 272.. Two-thirds majority is required when you want to get a law passed or want to amend constitution and in that case senate is also the part of equation.

Concerns Are..If same old Parties becomes coalition with PTI, would they pass a bill to make it a law that previous or current they oppose to protect their interests.

I'm wary of such a coalition setup unless new Parties are as coalition then those traditional ANP-JI-MQM-bnp etc..

this culture of prosecuting every previous ruler has to end.
it does more bad than good...
thats one of the main reasons why people dont leave the thrine and stay up there by any means...because they know that once they lose government they will be jailed/killed...
this is also the reason why politicians who also hapoen to hold major portion of countries wealth...keep their money abroad and dont invest at home..
this has to stop.

this culture of prosecuting every previous ruler has to end.

Why should they not be prosecuted, they got the mandate and power if they have not performed and done all sort of political economic sins they must pay! How can you let them rob and run!!

My choice for the next party to lead pakistan would be PML-N.........i am willing to give nawaz one more chance.

Not sure if this is a serious post

Back
Top Bottom