What's new

Candidates for Mig-21 replacement in Vietnam

Are you really serious? I was talking to a local conflict, and J-1A / B's you are not a competitor with our Jas-39.RCS small, EU electronic system, maneuverable large ranged weapon meteor for BVR > PL-12, SD-10 of you, F-18 engine, U.S. engine always better engine made in China, bye bye J :D

we'll see,I really doubut that if your planes can have the chance to leave the ground at all.

KLaNd.png
GVFjn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The JAS 39 Gripen is a fighter aircraft manufactured by the Swedish aerospace company Saab.
As of May 2010, five Gripens were destroyed in crashes, two of them before the delivery to the Swedish Air Force. These aircraft included one prototype, one production aircraft and three in service with the Swedish Air Force. In addition, one aircraft was lost in a ground accident during an engine test, for a total of six hull losses. No lives have yet been lost in accidents with the Gripen. Gripens have been involved in a few aviation incidents also.

Accidents and incidents involving the JAS 39 Gripen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-------------

posting j10 accident pics and troll images is stupid as you know the other side can dig some dirt as well -- I will spare you the grippen crash photo images and videos

I thought you gonna say 60 million is cheap. I was wondering since when the Vietnam got this rich...?

By the way which fighter do you mean by saying Chengdu's fighter? J7/Mig21, FC1/JF17, J10 or J20?

The cheapest one to replace Mig 21 could be the FC1/JF17, you can go to the Pakistan Air Force for more information.

By buying 100-120 Fighter plane no nation will become bankrupt...

JAS Grippen is very good fighter, If we didn't had LCA program I would have advocated for it (I am not saying LCA is better than Grippen, I am just saying that grippen could have killed LCA program).

Very good decision from Vietnam, MiG35, F16s, Rafael, EFT are truly awesome fighter, good you chose from that. MiG21 was legend but its days are gone..

@FC1/JF17 : No comment... :no:

Best of luck to Vietnam, I wish Bangladesh will also choose this (or Su30).

I think BD will go for MiG29 , coz BD has experience of MiG29 and it may be cheaper, Even Grippen is not bad deal though.

The ones of the Gripen procurement for our Duck (short only):

1. Create a breakthrough in weapons, the ability to command, of KQ warfare, even that "enemy" to change the approach, attack, can be compared with the precedent of Kilo, Bastion (this completely 'm not exaggerating) tools billion
+ Gripen be 4th generation mbay + + does not fight very powerful, like the Eurofighter (training solution for the British Typhoon PC) further, small structures very consistent with our traditional form .

+ Create a huge tactical advantage: Western Gripen is kind mbay, features, demonstrations, different weapon than the VK Chinese Russian system that we possess, this is one important advantage, able to create surprise in non-combat (like the American F4 surprises and losses before our Mig 21) This capacity aircraft such as the MiG 29, Su 27 Su 30 does not have to be even.

+ In case of purchase together with Saab 340 AEW, the KQ capable commanders in combat conditions digitized, grasp the war field real tgian (presently commanded by radio, flying away from the sea An 26 to health information, horror backward, but Russia does not have this ability, Train, self-made low) different range there.

+ Other features, such as mining costs very cheap (the cheapest in all kinds of combat mbay always) or short runway .... say and know
>>> The use coordinate Gripen - Saab 340 can fill the gap is quite large with Tau technology of KQ at present, the creation of even more outstanding.

2. For neighbor: but Gripen is kind of versatile mbay but limited weapons payload, moderate range, while the maneuver, maneuver very strong, foreigners can look at that as soon as VK defensive nature, buy put at the North bridging the gap PK. Yacht can not alleged she buy mbay that strengthen border KQ, countries in Southeast Asia also less afraid.

3. The gradual move to buy VK West, can say is inevitable, stemming from the increasing down of Russian CNQP, excellent products such as rubber 27/30 is less, and in many areas there is no ( single celebration of light mbay, the replacement An 38, An 26), of course, this will not be the flagship VK, but meet many needs (light helicopters, heavy, navy, light transport, transport medium .....)
(The master Nga Ngo, business advertising, but in fact the commander of Russia's KQ very poor, based mainly on the A50 backward for decades. During the war with Georgia, the Russian SQ even to mobile users to commanders, pilots bombed a paper map, know that =.

4. Advantage for us when negotiating: The buy VK West takes us from "begging" depends entirely on Russia to accept all terms of delivery, this price can be "decent" negotiations bargain, even bring Russia into place "the tender" such as India, Indonesia, Malai. This is extremely important, KQ or MOD commanders after will remove trapped in the choice of many when walking into a dead end if you stick on Russia (typically replace An 26 there)
5. This is not so important to us today, but completely, Sweden sold mbay for the will is the driving force behind both Western contractors QP, U.S. strengthen lobby the U.S. to lift the embargo (human the right to do with the contract billion)

Tum: the purchase of Gripen is the first arrow hit a lot of the target, the target near both the targets and strategies, (addressing the needs of defense, maintaining the current battle that turned out to be a lot of opportunities in the future hybrid KQ) I personally believe that even if the procurement of up to 80 packages-90mil / unit, it is still worth every penny. And of course, to open the door, the challenge also strategic.

Swedish-Air-Force_Gripen_BVRAAM-Missile_270612.jpg

Jas-39 firing meteor. RIP J-10

206A3A324CE3DA083BAB62

we'll see,I really doubut that if your planes can have the chance to leave the ground at all.

You will attack our airport like? Dongfeng missile?

you should know our Jas-39 can take off from the airport short

Swedan also gave Gripen on contract base for various country in past. Vietnam can purchase them for few years. Thats give them time to read the capabilities of Gripen.

More than that there are also too many 2nd hand Gripen in market, which willl be cost effective & better performar than 2nd f16 7 jf17.

It will be better if VPAF will chose Gripen, otherwise LCA is also good competitor, & late decision also help LCA a lot.

Well, Vietnam is sitting in the same boat as Pakistan is at the moment, they are cash-strapped and need a "Value for Money" fighter. Not something too fancy nor in too many numbers but a compromise between the two. Seeing as Chinese Planes are out of the question due to political reasons, Vietnam's best bet would be to go for F-16s or Mirages being replaced by European or Middle Eastern countries.

BTW, I disagree strongly to the OP's efforts at implying that Chinese planes are inferior in some way to their European or American counterparts. They crash, as do all planes. Just to put things into perspective, 4 J-10s have crashed since 2002 whereas 8 JAS-39 have crashed in the last 2. So, keep your feelings aside and be reasonable with what you post.

I see any more flame baiting by anyone and there will be consequences. Consider this your first and final warning. There's no need to act like an annoying itch.

It will be better if VPAF will chose Gripen, otherwise LCA is also good competitor, & late decision also help LCA a lot.

LCA is still a paper project, how can they pin their hopes on a plane that has yet to move out of prototype phase? They need material solutions with tabulated performance parameters and a good reputation to back them up.

BTW, I disagree strongly to the OP's efforts at implying that Chinese planes are inferior in some way to their European or American counterparts. They crash, as do all planes. Just to put things into perspective, 4 J-10s have crashed since 2002 whereas 8 JAS-39 have crashed in the last 2. So, keep your feelings aside and be reasonable with what you post.

source please.....i call BS on this...

I see any more flame baiting by anyone and there will be consequences. Consider this your first and final warning. There's no need to act like an annoying itch.

You are flame baiting with no sources and claims never heard of.

Accidents and incidents involving the JAS 39 Gripen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I agree the pic sequences some Vietnamese members are posting are distasteful, planes crash.

source please.....i call BS on this...

You are flame baiting with no sources and claims never heard of.

I agree the pic sequences some Vietnamese members are posting are distasteful, planes crash.

My bad, the link I visited stated that "As of July 2011, the JAS-39 Gripen has been involved in over 8 accidents", which I accidentally took for the beginning of the time since this record was started rather than when it stopped. Once again, I apologize, it was a careless mistake on my part and I am feeling like a bit of a douche right now..........

My bad, the link I visited stated that "As of July 2011, the JAS-39 Gripen has been involved in over 8 accidents", which I accidentally took for the beginning of the time since this record was started rather than when it stopped. Once again, I apologize, it was a careless mistake on my part and I am feeling like a bit of a douche right now..........

Everyone makes mistakes...but it takes a special kind of person to openly admit it. Kudos to you!

i half expected another Chinese fight here, with you being the Chinese defending an indefensible position.

Swedan also gave Gripen on contract base for various country in past. Vietnam can purchase them for few years. Thats give them time to read the capabilities of Gripen.

More than that there are also too many 2nd hand Gripen in market, which willl be cost effective & better performar than 2nd f16 7 jf17.

LCA, what 8 prototypes in 35 years? Its hardly anything more than a program kept in operation purely to keep India's ego stock satisfied. Lastly, around 60% LCA is NOT Indian nor does India have the manufacturing capability to mass produce it.

LCA, what 8 prototypes in 35 years? Its hardly anything more than a program kept in operation purely to keep India's ego stock satisfied. Lastly, around 60% LCA is NOT Indian nor does India have the manufacturing capability to mass produce it.

Except engine every thing will be manufactured in India (even engine under ToT for MK2)

I think you are last who talk about manufacturing capability (cant produce engine, radar, complete airframe) ... We did it for MIG21, doing for MKIs and will do for Rafeal, FGFA, LCA.

Back
Top Bottom