What's new

Candidates for Mig-21 replacement in Vietnam

Because it has lower maintenance cost & also very low life cycle cost compare to flanker, nearly equivalent to mig21.

Price $30M LCA MK1, $35M-$38M Vs $35M su-27/su-30.

Why do you assume vietnam would want it over a proven platform with 3 times more weapons payload and longer legs to cover vietnam. Suppose 4 squadrons [72] LCAs would require a number of Air Refuellers it would be another headache to buy and maintain them.

By far su-27/su-30 outclasses any potential contender.

Dnt you know LCA have much better engine, Radar, Avionics compare to your fighter. If LCA fits for trainer then think about your super duper fighter .... :lol:

Idiocy has limits look at the Topic don't go adrift.

I learn that thing only from you :yahoo:... I think you should look at the topic (who talked about LCA?)

Because idiot LCA has been mentioned as a contender in context to the Topic.

Where as this is not LCA VS JF-17 Thread and if you try to you will get a pink.

Because idiot LCA has been mentioned as a contender in context to the Topic.

Where as this is not LCA VS JF-17 Thread and if you try to you will get a pink.

I dint find any thing about LCA in first post
Ohh sorry only Idiot like you allowed to go off topic not anyone else ????

no go for US jet fighters: weapons embargo and too expensive
Unless the US decides to end the sanction and gives the jets for free (or much cheaper than Russian planes).

Given US's interest in containing China, I wont be to surprised if it does another Taiwan in Vietnam

Price $30M LCA MK1, $35M-$38M Vs $35M su-27/su-30.

Why do you assume Vietnam would want it over a proven platform with 3 times more weapons payload and longer legs to cover Vietnam. Suppose 4 squadrons [72] LCAs would require a number of Air Refuellers it would be another headache to buy and maintain them.

By far su-27/su-30 outclasses any potential contender.

You dont get it, I am talking not talking about flyaway cost, its about operational cost.:angry:

BTW I am also not putting LCA against flanker. In the 1st post the requirement was about lightweight fighter like Gripen thats why I iterated LCA no other intention.:agree:

& whats your problem whether they chose LCA or flanker. Your JF17 is still not in picture, perhaps thats makes you frustrated.:azn:

& whats your problem whether they chose LCA or flanker.

You hindustanis problem is you made it LCA VS JF-17 refer to the post you are violating rules.

FC-1 is extremely successful program that has entered BLK II and in couple of Years BLK III. FC-1 is not for sale to vietnam considering hindustanis would want to know capabilities, vietnam in reality is hooked up to Russians for needs LCA is far from complete, LCA even couldn't fulfill advance trainer role could have saved alot of money instead of BAE Hawk now that truly is a failed project.

Now stick to the topic or you will be reported.

You hindustanis problem is you made it LCA VS JF-17 refer to the post you are violating rules.
Take a tour of prvious posts. You will find who make it what.:hitwall:

FC-1 is extremely successful program that has entered BLK II and in couple of Years BLK III. FC-1 is not for sale to vietnam considering hindustanis would want to know capabilities, vietnam in reality is hooked up to Russians for needs LCA is far from complete, LCA even couldn't fulfill advance trainer role could have saved alot of money instead of BAE Hawk now that truly is a failed project.

Now stick to the topic or you will be reported.
We get it JF17 is extremely succesful project for PAF. But whats its status for others like PLAAF & remaining world.:tongue:

We dont need your palne to know its capabilties, because we have our own Mig21.:rofl:

BTW you gave good idea about trainer. I will convince DRDO about making its advanc traine rvariant

Get back to topic, and discuss possible replacements for MiG-21, and don't bring in JFT and LCA and whatnot.

Ordering GE Engines signifies death of kavari engines in LCA project. I am not questioning the export of LCA to vietnam in the future IF US gives go ahead with GE engine and israelis with their avionics good for you. If MK1 is being priced $30M and MK2 say $35M-38M this means a basic SU-30 is $35M why would vietnam want to buy LCA if it can afford su-27/30 for $35M the upgrades can proceed later, look at it this way su-27/su-30 has bigger legs can fly longer caps carry more payload ideal platform already in place slow replacement is not a problem instead of introducing a new platform but yes smaller numbers of LCA could be a good start IF GE engines are permitted to be exported with LCA by US. You should remember Saab Viggen and US unless you pay royalties to US because Americans is not willing to sell modern fighters to vietnam so GE engine is in question for exports.

I do not understand?although Jas 39 using F18 engine, but I have not seen similar contract provision for royalty GE engine of Jas 39 as in the case of Thailand?you please explain to me what this is!thanks a lot

Ordering GE Engines signifies death of kavari engines in LCA project. I am not questioning the export of LCA to vietnam in the future IF US gives go ahead with GE engine and israelis with their avionics good for you. If MK1 is being priced $30M and MK2 say $35M-38M this means a basic SU-30 is $35M why would vietnam want to buy LCA if it can afford su-27/30 for $35M the upgrades can proceed later, look at it this way su-27/su-30 has bigger legs can fly longer caps carry more payload ideal platform already in place slow replacement is not a problem instead of introducing a new platform but yes smaller numbers of LCA could be a good start IF GE engines are permitted to be exported with LCA by US. You should remember Saab Viggen and US unless you pay royalties to US because Americans is not willing to sell modern fighters to vietnam so GE engine is in question for exports.

GE engine export problem is with gripen too as they use the same engine. There will be clauses which will take care when there is any sales happens. The same problem can be said about JFT's engine. But I'm sure that China must have than care the same with enough guarantees and stock.

Secondly I do not think Su-30s cost only 35-40 million it might be the figure of1995-2000s. It must cost more than 50 Mil + maintenance extra. Being a production/maintenance hub of Su-30, we will be always in contact with the forces who uses Su-30s apart from training. Except engine, every major weapons etc will be localized in LCA (thats the plan, Astra by year end fog eg.)

And there is China factor where I feel USA will not be much stringent.

I do not understand?although Jas 39 using F18 engine, but I have not seen similar contract provision for royalty GE engine of Jas 39 as in the case of Thailand?you please explain to me what this is!thanks a lot

F414G is slated for Gripen NG not for Gripen C/D. Based on F404 the C/D Variant uses Volvo Aero RM12 with 55-60% components from US Company GE. Politically still Sweden won't sell Gripens to a country with disputes.

Thailand is operating US equipment for Years, plus it is up to US to give green signal in case of Gripens much of technologies in are from US. Vietnam is dependent on russians more then US for military equipment, Thailand specifically Air Force has been operating US equipment for Years and is much reliable partner. Like I said vietnam has not initiated officially any negotiations with sweden so we actually don't know the first information release if atleast C/D Variant is offered at all. Technically F-16 would be as good for vietnam but has US offered it ever and vietnam went for russian sukhois and migs, even C-130s sold to vietnam were maintained so terribly that they had to be grounded retried.

I do not think Su-30s cost only 35-40 million it might be the figure of1995-2000s. It must cost more than 50 Mil + maintenance extra. Being a production/maintenance hub of Su-30, we will be always in contact with the forces who uses Su-30s apart from training. Except engine, every major weapons etc will be localized in LCA (thats the plan, Astra by year end fog eg.)

There is China factor where I feel USA will not be much stringent.

Basic su-27/su-30 variant are $34m/$38m and offers much more than LCA, technically vietnam has infrastructure in place there is no point in going for a third type. Already explained vietnam needs to focus technology not numbers to replace 144 migs they don't need to replace 1-1, su-27-30 are much more capable and are a couple of generations ahead of migs. LCA is not a complete project and has to import technologies from israel-france and some in house, sukhoi is ready to deliver in time.

China factor is not involved, US is not interested in offering even F-16s to vietnam and just look into vietnam airforce/army equipment US modern equipment is non existent.

In this video, the Gripen NG has shown outstanding role of a reconnaissance aircraft, interceptor and ground attack.

Initially, the Gripen NG was appointed reconnaissance mission. Based on the equipment of optical reconnaissance pilots discovered a huge military gathering places of hundreds of enemy tanks and parts units.
This information is quickly passed on the command. Here, the commander had predicted this force moves through a bridge. Immediately, the a modified Gripen NG is assigned to destroy the bridge to block the enemy's advance.
Because this is the most effective means can perform this difficult task. Then the plane is loaded more weapons, both air and attack ground targets.

On the mobility, Gripen NG encountered prevent the enemy fighters, confirmed that fighter 4 + + generation Su-35. The Gripen NG has a dogfight promptly with the Su-35 and win superiority in firepower without modern controls.

The situation becomes suffocating when enemy ground forces began to switch to the ground state, ready to carry on without a top six Su-35 fighters began to intercept Gripen NG. To address this situation, change the Gripen NG deployment-to-air weapons out of sight intercept the Su-35 and quick to use air-to-ground missiles to destroy the bridge when the enemy tank forces began move through it.

Results Gripen NG to fulfill their tasks.
Of course, this is a video clip up to advertise weapon. Actual combat will be so many other factors affect the landscape of the battlefield. However, dramatic script with elaborate graphics effects help this video become more attractive.

Gripen NG is a variant multi-purpose fighter developed from its Gripen Saab, Sweden. The aircraft has a length of more than 14m, a wingspan of 8.4 meters, 4.5 meters high. Can carry six tons of weapons (than older variants 13%).

Gripen weapon system consists of a German Mauser 27 mm cannon with 120 rounds mounted production in the fuselage capable of automatic aiming radar. Also, 7 hard bottom on the wings and the body can mount the missiles, bombs, oil tanks or electronic equipment opposition.
Here is the video clip for advertising

I think the Su-35S's China not a big threat to us, under the doctrine of assumption perhaps Russia used China to experiment Su-35S export. And Jas-39 would be a nasty opponent for Su-35S China

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom