What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.2%

• Total voters
Provided the Avionics and Missiles can be continuously improved , the planes offer good air support
But these are really old planes now. I would like to seek advice from senior members on that:

as Qatar is becoming a closer ally to Pakistani brother, should Pakistan ask Qatar to assist them through money for buying UAE-Egyptian and even Qatri Mirages and more over looking to buy Greek and Peru Mirages along with Brazilian Airframes and Engines too?

Although it would be Multi Billion $$ deal for Pakistan but in return we can offer them Free of cost 50 Super Mushak, 30 K-8s and about 30 JF-17s Block-III dual seat aircraft and also large numbers of UQAB-BURRAQ UAVs with ANZA-BaktarShikan too?

Super Mushak can be used as Reccon plane as well.

But these are really old planes now. I would like to seek advice from senior members on that:as Qatar is becoming a closer ally to Pakistani brother, should Pakistan ask Qatar to assist them through money for buying UAE-Egyptian and even Qatri Mirages and more over looking to buy Greek and Peru Mirages along with Brazilian Airframes and Engines too?Although it would be Multi Billion $$ deal for Pakistan but in return we can offer them Free of cost 50 Super Mushak, 30 K-8s and about 30 JF-17s Block-III dual seat aircraft and also large numbers of UQAB-BURRAQ UAVs with ANZA-BaktarShikan too?Super Mushak can be used as Reccon plane as well.
Qatar is our Brotherly country but our request for money means beg them for charity and compromising on defence assets.

The Relations between countries based on only their national interest not on religion.

But these are really old planes now. I would like to seek advice from senior members on that:

as Qatar is becoming a closer ally to Pakistani brother, should Pakistan ask Qatar to assist them through money for buying UAE-Egyptian and even Qatri Mirages and more over looking to buy Greek and Peru Mirages along with Brazilian Airframes and Engines too?

Although it would be Multi Billion $$ deal for Pakistan but in return we can offer them Free of cost 50 Super Mushak, 30 K-8s and about 30 JF-17s Block-III dual seat aircraft and also large numbers of UQAB-BURRAQ UAVs with ANZA-BaktarShikan too?

Super Mushak can be used as Reccon plane as well.
I'm not a senior here as your requirement but it 'll not keep me from saying!
If Pakistan has intentions to buy and somehow arranges the MONEY THING, UAE mirages might be acquired.Because they have more Desert Falcons on order and are looking for something more advanced. So advanced that they turned down RAFALE simply because it wasn't up to their requirements and they were not willing to invest large sums for a more advanced variant like the case with the DESERT FALCONS.
Mirage would be the last of our current workhorses to retire. It may serve till at least 2020 even with the THUNDER program forwarding rapidly. The reasons, because they are moderately equipped and we have their full support structure.Our mirages are worthy asset with anti-radiation, cruise missile, night time strike, in-flight refueling and even nuclear capabilities.Also can be use for QRA and point defense.IF we replace them with Mirage-2000s, they 'll serve us well beyond 2020s.
One more thing,it's not going anywhere for coming years because, when JF-17 'll become PAF's backbone and F-7 are retired, Mirages can be used for fighter conversion(because Pakistan has no mood for 2-seat THUNDER for domestic use) given that we don't acquire a new high-tech trainer which is unlikely at least for the near future.

UAE and Qatar can't buy our trainers because they are receiving PC-21s(a prop which has replaced jets too.can also be armed with latest smart munitions) and same with JF-17.

Last edited:
Qatar is our Brotherly country but our request for money means beg them for charity and compromising on defence assets.

Qatar is not brotherly, please. Its an upstart. It has wealth and it wants to use it to influence. It funded FSA in Syria recently and also some daddy group of ISIS, the al-nusra.

Pakistan should rely on its resources and expand its resources. Stopping begging. Money and aid comes with strings attached.

I'm not a senior here as your requirement but it 'll not keep me from saying!
If Pakistan has intentions to buy and somehow arranges the MONEY THING, UAE mirages might be acquired.Because they have more Desert Falcons on order and are looking for something more advanced. So advanced that they turned down RAFALE simply because it wasn't up to their requirements and they were not willing to invest large sums for a more advanced variant like the case with the DESERT FALCONS.
Mirage would be the last of our current workhorses to retire. It may serve till at least 2020 even with the THUNDER program forwarding rapidly. The reasons, because they are moderately equipped and we have their full support structure.Our mirages are worthy asset with anti-radiation, cruise missile, night time strike, in-flight refueling and even nuclear capabilities.Also can be use for QRA and point defense.IF we replace them with Mirage-2000s, they 'll serve us well beyond 2020s.
One more thing,it's not going anywhere for coming years because, when JF-17 'll become PAF's backbone and F-7 are retired, Mirages can be used for fighter conversion(because Pakistan has no mood for 2-seat THUNDER for domestic use) given that we don't acquire a new high-tech trainer which is unlikely at least for the near future.

UAE and Qatar can't buy our trainers because they are receiving PC-21s(a prop which has replaced jets too.can also be armed with latest smart munitions) and same with JF-17.

You are not 100% right at all. I am sure if PAF pushed a bit more then Qatar will be 100% ready to support PAF in buying UAE Mirages along with Mirages from Egypt and aslo from South American side very easily.

Qatar is not brotherly, please. Its an upstart. It has wealth and it wants to use it to influence. It funded FSA in Syria recently and also some daddy group of ISIS, the al-nusra.

Pakistan should rely on its resources and expand its resources. Stopping begging. Money and aid comes with strings attached.

I think and sure that there will be several strings attached but we should bring in all Mirage-2000s from UAE-Egypt-Qatar-South America and from Greece too.

More over, we should bring AH-1s too.

You are not 100% right at all. I am sure if PAF pushed a bit more then Qatar will be 100% ready to support PAF in buying UAE Mirages along with Mirages from Egypt and aslo from South American side very easily.
At no point I said that we can't buy.But it also doesn't mean that we can do everything.As you people are saying,there are some strings. I just named UAE because they have big fleet.Qatar itself has only a dozen fighters in its stable they can't just sell 'em without buying more for themselves.If Pakistan buys, UAE 'll be first choice.But it also depends if France is willing to get us these.
Another possibility is, may PAF buy more F-16s if opportunity presents itself and doesn't go for 2000s at all.

Every Country of this Globe is working for safeguarding of their National Interest through oil on easy installment ,Financing, Investment, in shape of Food Aid & some through Military Influence.

10408646_833777189985315_2992289838558902776_n.png

Back
Top Bottom