What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Reference to Pakistan's decision of procuring J-10 fighters, does any one know what would be the estimated price of each aircraft?
Don't know the exact price but it will be cheaper than the block 52 F-16C/D.
I'm thinking in the range of 25-30 million with chinese avionics.
Is it final by now that those will be fitted with Russian AL-31FN?
The are fitted with Russian AL-31FN's but Russia is assisting China to copy the engine in the WS series.
In my opinion Pakistan should not hurry with this deal and wait until India procure its new 126 aircrafts! Any hints who is in and who is out on Indian deal?
Why should we? Is there any other alternative? For sure the Rafale and Typhoon will be available but we can't afford to buy any of these designs in great numbers.

Regardless of where India buys the 126 MRC, we need atleast 50 J-10/FC-20's by 2015 to maintain current status quo.

Don't know the exact price but it will be cheaper than the block 52 F-16C/D.
I'm thinking in the range of 25-30 million with chinese avionics.
The are fitted with Russian AL-31FN's but Russia is assisting China to copy the engine in the WS series.

Why should we? Is there any other alternative? For sure the Rafale and Typhoon will be available but we can't afford to buy any of these designs in great numbers.

Regardless of where India buys the 126 MRC, we need atleast 50 J-10/FC-20's by 2015 to maintain current status quo.

Thanks for the info. but to my humble sense if India don't go ahead with its procurement by 2010 then it should be them worrying about status quo! as Pakistan will be having perhaps 20 JF-17 by than and probably some F-16 too.
Taking decision after India would give Pakistan more options of negotiations, even if Pakistan loose his status quo in Airpower slightly for few months it does not mean any thing to me. By 2015 Pakistan will have lot of JF-17 and air to land version of cruise missels. :rolleyes:

Well...after the integrity pact thing, Russians stand on thin ice, and the compeition was essentially b/w MiG 35 and US Shornet.Thats our speculation BTW. Though Typhoon or Rafale might just surprise us all.

So all options are still open.
As per Indian Bible 'google' initially this aqusition should have taken place 2006!!!
What do you think how long Indian lollypop will last?

Well, the RFQ would be out this year itself undoubtedly, and the first planes sould start arriving by 2012-15. Indian military timetables are not known for their accuracy. So this figure too by its nature is very vague.

Yes ,but when can pakistan air force get J-10,I don't know who was better Indian SUMKI vs china J-10?

Yes ,but when can pakistan air force get J-10,I don't know who was better Indian SUMKI vs china J-10?

PAF is not getting it this year for sure. May be at the end of the next year or so.

Reference to Pakistan's decision of procuring J-10 fighters, does any one know what would be the estimated price of each aircraft?
Is it final by now that those will be fitted with Russian AL-31FN?
In my opinion Pakistan should not hurry with this deal and wait until India procure its new 126 aircrafts! Any hints who is in and who is out on Indian deal?

I'm not sure about the unit price of JF-17,20 million? then J-10 may probably bid at 25million, as hearsay from Chinese military website.

As for engine to power J-10, 154 AL-31FN had arrived by the end of 2006,with the later 100 pieces improved (marked with M1). also hearsay that China is to enlarge the total order up to 500 pieces and meanwhile the copy work of WS-10A had succeeded now in betterment to steadily gain on AL-31FN. That is to say,according to the yearly capacity of J-10 and finished product of 120 or so(68 already deployed) , if the purchase urges to nail down within a year,40 J-10s can be obtained with AL-31FN.

As per balance with India's new aircraft,which is called 4 gen ones, J-14might be among best choices in coming decade. The Chinese routine will get you noted that J-14 must has been in process since J-10 is unveiled.

I'm not sure about the unit price of JF-17,20 million? then J-10 may probably bid at 25million, as hearsay from Chinese military website.

I guess with this price it is possible to buy a western fighter i.e. 'Saab grippen' and with a large order of e.g. 100 aircrafts many things could be negotiated.

As per balance with India's new aircraft,which is called 4 gen ones, J-14might be among best choices in coming decade. The Chinese routine will get you noted that J-14 must has been in process since J-10 is unveiled.

J-14 is exactly what Pakistan needs not J-10 and that would be in next 10 years considering the underway development.

As for engine to power J-10, 154 AL-31FN had arrived by the end of 2006,with the later 100 pieces improved (marked with M1). also hearsay that China is to enlarge the total order up to 500 pieces and meanwhile the copy work of WS-10A had succeeded now in betterment to steadily gain on AL-31FN. That is to say,according to the yearly capacity of J-10 and finished product of 120 or so(68 already deployed) , if the purchase urges to nail down within a year,40 J-10s can be obtained with AL-31FN.

I have heard from a reliable source that the unit price of the block 2's will be 25-30 million. (Jf-17's) This reflects the other avionic within. The J-10's price should reflect any potential upgrades as well.

Actually,I knew J-10 in 1999. In later years that J-10 was not unveiled, I kept silence when other people bgan to talk warmly about it.

A unversity teacher told me about programme 10 and other secret programmes.He is not my friend.I knew him because i offered him consultation service.He researched some material related to radar.

I have heard from a reliable source that the unit price of the block 2's will be 25-30 million. (Jf-17's) This reflects the other avionic within. The J-10's price should reflect any potential upgrades as well.

the unit price mentioned above is not what PAF,the co-manufacturer actually paid at for JF-17. while F-16A quoted at approx 35 million.

the unit price mentioned above is not what PAF,the co-manufacturer actually paid at for JF-17. while F-16A quoted at approx 35 million.

The price I am quoting is the total unit cost including all possible upgrades (western radars etc etc) I am sure the basic unit cost is still going to be around the original prices quoted.

Back
Top Bottom