What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

PLAAF has conducted both field exercise and computer simulation and J-10 had excellent exchange ratio w/ J-11(Su-27SK w/ upgraded avionics) as 1:2 and a even better 1:4 w/ Su-30MKK. So I believe the exchange ratio b/t J-10 and Su-30MKI is approx. 1:1.2~1.5.

It was a Su-27, And I dont believe them I rather take neutral views.
Just for a Taster;Do you know the your SU-30MKK and Su-27 carriers a N001 Radar while a Su-30 MKI carries a BARS PESA.

Now Stop feeding CPC Propaganda, and give me the accurate details of the avionics, performance, parameters of the J-10 and I will give you the exact details of Su-30MKI with all source, Dont tell me about any if's and wishful thinking. And lets have a debate.

Yeah i do think that j-10 is not that close to the SU-30. But i do think that the chinese are getting really close maybe in the next 10-12 years. Dont worry after that we will kick *** all over the place

Quite right, But I will give it 15-25 years. You do have to understand that along with China moving forward, the other countries are also moving forward.

It was a Su-27, And I dont believe them I rather take neutral views.
Just for a Taster;Do you know the your SU-30MKK and Su-27 carriers a N001 Radar while a Su-30 MKI carries a BARS PESA.

Now Stop feeding CPC Propaganda, and give me the accurate details of the avionics, performance, parameters of the J-10 and I will give you the exact details of Su-30MKI with all source, Dont tell me about any if's and wishful thinking. And lets have a debate.
I would like to silence you resistance with facts. But unfortunately the detalied specification of J-10 is still classified. Maybe we can have a better debate once J-10 twin-engine or "stealth" variants come out.

I would like to silence you resistance with facts. But unfortunately the detalied specification of J-10 is still classified. Maybe we can have a beeter debate once J-10 twin-engine or "stealth" variants come out.

Ok dude, well and good. have a nice day. Also dont forget about the X-Wing Space Fighter

On one to one basis, su-30mki is far more superior to oof our present or future assets. But indopak scenario is not going to be on one to one basis.Given the situation, j-10 can hold its ground. PAF should really look most advanced Chinese and Europian air defence assets to really compensate indian threat of mig-27. Once it happens, indians can be stretched to limits. Moreover, our arab brethern always look to most advanced assets in the world and can never keep them in the state desired. In order to develop your own infrastructure and to produce highly skilled manpower, we need to have experiments with medium technology fighters/equipment. In this regard, Chinese euipment has helped our strategic organizations a lot. We successfully use our western assets to improve the chinese one. Moreover, expanding ties with countries like Ukraine, South Africa, Italy , Germany and France can pay dividends in combination with China. We need to rely as minimum as possible on us, england and russia. This will keep us away from hurdles and sanctions etc. American are in every likelihood certain to sanction pakistan in any difficult times of conflicts likely to happen.

Pg7,

Numbers are in the favour of IAF and technology too.

Are you talking about the SEAD capability of the Mig-27 or was that a Typo.

ps: lets not derail the thread,this is a J-10 thread, so lets keep that in prespective on our debates.

I'd like to offer some vedios of J-10,but I don't know how to upload,so I have only to list the links that can be download to get watched.
mms://nv.sina.com.cn/news/2006/12/29643676.wmv
it was the vedio when J-10 was firstly revealed in CCTV's central news.12.29.2006
mms://nv.sina.com.cn/news/2006/12/29841400.wmv
it was the vedio of lengthened version in CCTV's news channal
mms://winmedia.cctv.com.cn/wwwwxinwen/2007/01/wwwwxinwen_300_20070105_16.wmv
it was the vedio displayed in CCTV news channal in 1.5.2007

Well as of now i guess Pak plans to induct 150 JF-17 at a rate of 12-13 planes a year, the intial 30 might be the basic fighters and remaind miht be the one with eurpoean avionics and aramaments. As PAF cant wait for the entrie negotiations to end to start inducting. They may only get the J-10 after they finish the quota of 150 JF-17, bcoz i think PAC wont be having spare capacity to make / assemble J -10s.

1. Would PLAAF be able to give PAF some 20 - 30 readymade J-10s, would they have spare production capacity.

2. Are the JF-17 going to be made in PAC or assembled? If Assembled wouldnt that slow down the production rate as China would have to produce parts for both PLAAF and PAF at the same time?

Nope, the order was canclled. There was a thread in here somewhere. I am dead certain.:)

They had a corruption problem with the BaE, but now the House of commons agreed on it and cleard it. It is the Typhoon.

Well as of now i guess Pak plans to induct 150 JF-17 at a rate of 12-13 planes a year, the intial 30 might be the basic fighters and remaind miht be the one with eurpoean avionics and aramaments. As PAF cant wait for the entrie negotiations to end to start inducting. They may only get the J-10 after they finish the quota of 150 JF-17, bcoz i think PAC wont be having spare capacity to make / assemble J -10s.
New facility at PAC is designed to handle 20-25 airframes per annum. During the first year 15 Thunders will be built but production will peak 2009 already as stated by Tanvir Mahmood.
PAF will finally get 200+ JF-17's, 150 is just a projected figure based on PAF requirements almost ten years ago.

1. Would PLAAF be able to give PAF some 20 - 30 readymade J-10s, would they have spare production capacity.
Probably so. Chinese aviotion industry can absorb excellerated delivery and production rate is already high.
I believe first 8 J-10's were handed over to PLAAF for flight testing in 2004. The number built sofar is more than 100...

2. Are the JF-17 going to be made in PAC or assembled? If Assembled wouldnt that slow down the production rate as China would have to produce parts for both PLAAF and PAF at the same time?
By 2009 we'll have realised full production capacity of producing 20-25 aircrafts.
Half the spares will be built by China the rest by Pakistani industry.
Some contracts are already known. Taxilla Heavy Industry will play a leading role.

Bull,

We still have the Engine Issue...

The engine issue, I believe will not be an issue at all. The first few JF-17's obviously have Russian engines (When they fly on the 23rd march they smoke trail will confirm this.) If the Russians do nothing then you will have an answer.

Long duration testing on the WS-13 was being undertaken a while back (I don't have the link to hand but I believe Dragonking posted it somewhere on here) so by next year or even this eyar it will no longer be a problem.

As for the J-10 the Chinese will have more than enough production lines (I read that they can produce at full capacity approx 50 a year.)

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom