What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

I think PAF might want to induct about 150 J-10B, I still don't know whether it si twin seat aircraft or has a single seater version but in my opinion if the economy pakistan has take some sort of pick due to any revolution then i think PAF might just go for about 100+ J-10B and may be investing 25% in chinese 5th Gen. Fighter and procure about 100+ J-XX and may be another 50-80 J-XX to replace F-16s in future. these will include 200 JF-17 single seater.

Was it posiible for PAF to signed a deal with Pratt & Witteny Canada to supply or give licence production of its engines to PAC for J-10 about 50+ for getting 50 J-10 and J-10S. And now for J-10B we could get the WS-10A on our second version about 100 jets. And try to refuse the 18 Blk-52 deal and just try to get our 24 F-16s with upgrade along with 32 F-16s in service.

Was it posiible for PAF to signed a deal with Pratt & Witteny Canada to supply or give licence production of its engines to PAC for J-10 about 50+ for getting 50 J-10 and J-10S. And now for J-10B we could get the WS-10A on our second version about 100 jets. And try to refuse the 18 Blk-52 deal and just try to get our 24 F-16s with upgrade along with 32 F-16s in service.

The simple answer is no. America would never allow any of its defence companies to do business with China, even through third parties. FC-20 is still a work in progress and hopefully by the mid of this decade it would be inducted in PAF. But in its current configuration as J-10 its not as capable as F-16 block 52. So again we are better off with the deal to buy f-16s.

The simple answer is no. America would never allow any of its defence companies to do business with China, even through third parties. FC-20 is still a work in progress and hopefully by the mid of this decade it would be inducted in PAF. But in its current configuration as J-10 its not as capable as F-16 block 52. So again we are better off with the deal to buy f-16s.

Man you might be right but i am saying Pratt & Witteny engines for PAFs J-10s not for chinese. Ok by the way you might be right because they have an agreement on F-16s engine supply to U.S.
But one thing that GOP might have done which is that they should have deal with French like for licence Prodution of about 200 - 250 Mirages and may be with the U.S to buy F-16s like 71(to make our fleet complete with 110 F-16s Blk-15) that has been ordered. This could happen if our GOP has shown keen interest in that matter.
And by the time we could join with the E.U like France/U.K/Italy in Avionics development so it could benefit in future upgrades as well as for K-8 and JF-17 prorammes.

Nishan_101

Man you might be right but i am saying Pratt & Witteny engines for PAFs J-10s not for chinese
Using Americans engine will mean again dependence on US technology which no one wants as no one have forgot the embargoed imposed on us in 80's. Secondly going for US engines will not serve our purpose of going indigenous and in case of embargo US will stop the supply of parts for the engines and our j-10's will also be sitting dicks along with f-16's which we never want in any case

But one thing that GOP might have done which is that they should have deal with French like for licence Prodution of about 200 - 250 Mirages
Mirage is an old aircraft now,many airforces are on the verge of retiring them also the production lines of mirage are closed ,
why would you like to have a stock of 4th generation fighters when world has 4.5 generation and rapidly moving to fifth generation
Also we have f-16 and jf-17 which are almost similar to mirage
and may be with the U.S to buy F-16s like 71(to make our fleet complete with 110 F-16s Blk-15) that has been ordered
It is already stated that our f-16's fleet will be somewhere around 100 as PAF always wanted to have them in such numbers

And by the time we could join with the E.U like France/U.K/Italy in Avionics development so it could benefit in future upgrades as well as for K-8 and JF-17 prorammes
We are already negotiating for french avionics for jf-17 and Italy has been a reliable supplier so far as they have supplied us with Grifo series of radars for local production and we have also purchased spada-2000 ADS.Plus Vixen AESA radar is also on offer to PAF

Last edited:
It is already stated that our f-16's fleet will be somewhere around 100 as PAF always wanted to have them in such numbers

And by the time we could join with the E.U like France/U.K/Italy in Avionics development so it could benefit in future upgrades as well as for K-8 and JF-17 prorammes

We are already negotiating for french avionics for jf-17 and Italy has been a reliable supplier so far as they have supplied us with Grifo series of radars for local production and we have also purchased spada-2000 ADS.Plus Vixen AESA radar is also on offer to PAF

100 F-16 on order for PAF, since when? I simply cannot believe that. When such thing ever happened, because US provided F-16 are specifically assigned to fight war on terror. Regarding future upgrades for K-8 and JF-17, I don't think it would be any big deal given Pakistan's inability to fight both Budget and Diplomatic pressure at once.

100 F-16 on order for PAF, since when? I simply cannot believe that. When such thing ever happened, because US provided F-16 are specifically assigned to fight war on terror. Regarding future upgrades for K-8 and JF-17, I don't think it would be any big deal given Pakistan's inability to fight both Budget and Diplomatic pressure at once.

I never said that 100 are on order ,i said PAF always wanted to have a fleet of 100 f-16's,and we will have 100 of them

Do mathematics

we have currently 46 f-16 A/B and 3 F-16 c/d which makes it to 48,15 more f-16 c/d will arrive in this year making them to reach a total of 63, 14 more f-16's are under negotiations,probably be delivered in during next year which will make the fleet to rise to 77 and there are also negotiations of getting more used f-16's under EDA or f-16's which were embargoed and are under USN use to maintain total fleet of 100

All the used and old f-16's will go MLU,to make them on par with f-16 block 52

I never said that 100 are on order ,i said PAF always wanted to have a fleet of 100 f-16's,and we will have 100 of them

Do mathematics

we have currently 46 f-16 A/B and 3 F-16 c/d which makes it to 48,15 more f-16 c/d will arrive in this year making them to reach a total of 63, 14 more f-16's are under negotiations,probably be delivered in during next year which will make the fleet to rise to 77 and there are also negotiation of getting more used f-16's under EDA or f-16's which were embargoed and are under USN use to make a total fleet of 100

Once against do the mathematics, because given PAF's preference for some advanced generation F-16s in the catagory of Block 52, it would be really hard pressed to bring used F-16's to make up for century mark.

Once against do the mathematics, because given PAF's preference for some advanced generation F-16s in the catagory of Block 52, it would be really hard pressed to bring used F-16's to make up for century mark.

Why is it so hard to digest,I am already pissed awf by repeating same stuff again n again.Check out the "PAF f-16 MLU thread" you will get your answer.You will find a list of things included in MLU including structural upgrades etc

this is not a right thread to discuss f-16's

Do mathematics

we have currently 46 f-16 A/B and 3 F-16 c/d which makes it to 48,15 more f-16 c/d will arrive in this year making them to reach a total of 63, 14 more f-16's are under negotiations,probably be delivered in during next year which will make the fleet to rise to 77 and there are also negotiations of getting more used f-16's under EDA or f-16's which were embargoed and are under USN use to maintain total fleet of 100

All the used and old f-16's will go MLU,to make them on par with f-16 block 52

Brother its 14-18 F-16 BLK 52s under negotiations as per chief of airforce and we WILL be recieving 26 F-16s tht were embargoed in 90s... as per vice chief of staff.... thts more then 100 F-16s MLU n BLK 52.

Brother its 14-18 F-16 BLK 52s under negotiations as per chief of airforce and we WILL be recieving 26 F-16s tht were embargoed in 90s... as per vice chief of staff.... thts more then 100 F-16s MLU n BLK 52.

I am not able to figure out how does you manage to make up for 100 Block 52 in one stroke.

Thanks for correction,
actually there is always so much complication when it comes to f-16 deals

you m=ight be right on this but you know it is all about the system gets matured and in evoloved as the time passes!
the F16 blk52 are on par wiht the FC20 deeloped now and the first blk of F16s were not even a match for the JF17,
you know, the F16 programme is a real inspiration for me, the way it have evolved from its block turning it into a new generation fighter aircraft! i hope the same is possible for the JF17, it have good market potential, and have the potential of heavy upgrades! this is what make the JF17 a very potent aircraft!
we may end up with more JF17 if the project matures nicely and upgradations are done wisely!
anyhow at the time, it seems that your idea of 250 JF and some more FC20 is the call of the day!

regards!

well i just dont understand the block system an why they are taking so long to upgrade. its a fully matured frame on paper, an currently produced an flying. why dont the PAF get all the latest tech avonics, radar, laser guide infra red, engine an what ever latest is out there for once and stack it on the god damn plane. i can understand upgrade but if they are going to add 1 new thing every year then we can wait for 10 years or so before the plane really matures, by that time jf17 will have the same level as A5. at least the current new ones should be produced at par with f16 block 52 in terms of technology. instead of producing 250 fighters by 2015 they should focus on producing 200 but top quality fighters.

I have started to notice a pattern pak arm forces are showing a bit of laziness, sorry to say, as we want all this TOT on weapons but we dont create our own. we have agosta 90 TOT, by now pak navy should have had 6 agosta 90, i dont care about reasons or excuses why they are not making, as they have the money an the means to do it. same goes with f22P, we are making one right now, we should have 4 more already planned for the future an ground work should already be started on them.

same goes with g3 rifle well the army has been using it an producing it for 30 years, they should get few gun smiths, engineers an designers together, look at whats the new materials are in the market an create a new weapon some thing not as heavy as g3, all weather an environment, light weight, accurate with a strong punch. in 30 years they have not thought of stop copying the same rifle an creating a new weapon for the army , yet they think pk8 is a great rifle its just a copy of hk33 its nothing new... just spending lots of money is not everything some time one needs to spend money creatively as well. they should hire people or create depts who job is to only work on new weapons designs an creativity, the reason the west is ahead or usa is ahead in weapons an every thing is because they truely spend money on research recognise education an talent and dont dont give jobs to their nephew or uncle or chacha who doesent have a clue what he is suppose to do. etc etc

Last edited:
is there any possibe way that pakistan air force will acquire f-16 block 60 or J-11..:what:

Back
Top Bottom