What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

is there any possibe way that pakistan air force will acquire f-16 block 60 or J-11..:what: people saying that pakistan GDP and thier defence budget will not allow them to purchase f-16 block 60 or j-11..
after indian Mrca deal pakistan have to do something better for PAF i think:pakistan:

I am not able to figure out how does you manage to make up for 100 Block 52 in one stroke.

He said 100 F-16 Blk52/MLU's. It is simple mathematics I guess.

:)

Last edited:
@AVIAN

46 present F-16s (gelling MLU) 26 more F-16(embargoed in 90s),18 new BLK 52s and 14-18 more F-16 Blk 52s comming =???
Common sense is somethin isnt it

is there any possibe way that pakistan air force will acquire f-16 block 60 or J-11..:what:

Even the USA doesn't have block 60... as for J-11, the basic J-11 is just Su-27SK made in China, why want that old design?

J-11B is indigenous, but i think there are barriers - for one, the Russian won't be too pleased, J-11B used domestically in China is one thing, exporting it (with or without ToT) would creating even more political pressures. Of course there are going to be 10-fold increase for Indian members protesting on the forum, but if we can get the Russia's concern cleared, then other voices are irrelevant. There shouldn't be any obstacles on Chinese side, just a matter of how much aircraft they can produce...

Only one other thing, does Pakistan really need J-11B heavy fighter? Look at the need first, don't buy a 50in TV for a room when 42in will suffice.

Even the USA doesn't have block 60... as for J-11, the basic J-11 is just Su-27SK made in China, why want that old design?

J-11B is indigenous, but i think there are barriers - for one, the Russian won't be too pleased, J-11B used domestically in China is one thing, exporting it (with or without ToT) would creating even more political pressures. Of course there are going to be 10-fold increase for Indian members protesting on the forum, but if we can get the Russia's concern cleared, then other voices are irrelevant. There shouldn't be any obstacles on Chinese side, just a matter of how much aircraft they can produce...

Only one other thing, does Pakistan really need J-11B heavy fighter? Look at the need first, don't buy a 50in TV for a room when 42in will suffice.

Well said. I dont understand this facination with all things big. J-11b is good for China. They have a huge area to cover and it does the job. For Pakistan we dont need a heavy fighter thats apart from the problems associated with J-11s russian origin.
As far block 60 its way too expensive and so outside our budget. In the current situation block 52 is good enough. We can gain experience with it and thus put up more suggestions for FC-20.
thus we would a competitive fighter hopefully with AESA radar and all the latest goodies and we would be able to buy it in numbers.
by the time America gets kicked out of Afghanistan we wouldnt be needing their f-16s anymore.

I credit this "desire" for J-11B more attributable to Indian posters admiring their MKI rather than Pakistani senior posters...The major source of inspiration is being Twin engine AC rather than the AC which fits in PAF's role...anyways nice reply....but I tell you one thing....let 3 or 4 pages pass and you ll be confronting with the same question again....:coffee:

Isn't the development stage of J-10B taking too long :confused: ? Are they integrating some 5th generation equipment like the French have done in Rafale? It's price will shoot up then :unsure: Whaddya guys say?

new j10B
what's new? look.
---------
yes, it's new pics at 7.2010
谢谢 deyidanran2009
http://www.fyjs.cn/bbs/htm_data/27/1007/262850.html
-------
27_136179_c5853b3571b62e7.jpg

27_136179_d084ed621ee52e9.jpg

27_136179_7281b7cabf27ed4.jpg

27_136179_03d43f89de8e6d7.jpg

27_136179_bd343459c3712a7.jpg

27_136179_267a112806bac1b.jpg

Last edited:
superb Pics, thanks for posting.

I see IFR thats being added and pitot tube removed, other then that i don't see any external changes. . Is it a new prototype? Where was this picture taken, CAC? I have counted 11 new J-10A/B in the pic. The production rate is phenomenal.

can anyone tell me what's different

I think the colour scheme indicates its no more a prototype (absence of Yellow and silver scheme)...in PLAAF colours so I think it has probably entered into service!.....OMG!!!!!.......:victory::victory:

Back
Top Bottom