What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

From mid next year, the first batch will start arriving.
i have been hearing such rumours for long time..so no i think the best answer will be..we dont know.

as recently a very reliable source came out to be wrong which was predicting j-10 inclusion in december 2011

this msg for pakies friends only

sir FC-20 k bary mne koee achi khabar day dyn coz ab tu lagta hy humary bachy hi in fighters ko daykheen gay,,,,,,,i am reading about these birds far last seven to ten years but yeh tooo alf layla ki khani hy jo khatam hi ni hotiiiii

this msg for pakies friends only

sir FC-20 k bary mne koee achi khabar day dyn coz ab tu lagta hy humary bachy hi in fighters ko daykheen gay,,,,,,,i am reading about these birds far last seven to ten years but yeh tooo alf layla ki khani hy jo khatam hi ni hotiiiii

Bhai seedhi baat yeh he ke Pakistan k pas in Fighters ko kharidne k paisa nahi hen !:agree:

seems like RCS would be very low..

not exactly. the RCS of this plane would be based on what the composites are in this airframe, IR signature etc.
it's got canards...canards are stealth-compromising and there's no provision of weapon bays in this airframe as well,
external weapons increase RCS (coupled with canards) so i guess it could have an RCS no less than 4m2.

but RAM coatings can be of some help here, till now i've seen no J-10 with full RAM coatings, china didn't advanced
much in this area, but might be there in future versions like J-10B.

just my two cents, i'd like someone to enlighten me if i'm wrong somewhere:enjoy:

not exactly.
IMHO the RCS will be low, similar to the F-18E's RCS.

the RCS of this plane would be based on what the composites are in this airframe, IR signature etc.
composites only do so much, yes an all metal airframe is no good but use composites isn't enough.

it's got canards...canards are stealth-compromising and there's no provision of weapon bays in this airframe as well,
external weapons increase RCS (coupled with canards) so i guess it could have an RCS no less than 4m2.

Yes canards aren't great for RCS, but we can expect them to have composites and extensive RAM coating.
Weapons bays? Okay lets not go there.. we all know that whether it's J-10B, EFT, Rafale or F-18E, putting weapons and tanks on will increase to RCS massively. But I guess it would buy you valuable room before detection.

but RAM coatings can be of some help here, till now i've seen no J-10 with full RAM coatings, china didn't advanced

just my two cents, i'd like someone to enlighten me if i'm wrong somewhere:enjoy:

You seem to know a lot about Chinese advancement in this field, can you please enlighten us.

not exactly. the RCS of this plane would be based on what the composites are in this airframe, IR signature etc.

Composites have nothing to do with RCS.

Composites have nothing to do with RCS.

i'm trying to convince endians from years.

Composites add quality, finish, reduce joints and in circumstances can reduce weight and increase production rate (if used extensively)

Back
Top Bottom