What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Grande Strategy: The Dragon's New Claws: The J-10B Emerging

double engined j10-c equavalent to eurofighter with super cruise whick paf might opt..instead of j11b.. i posted this in some other thread aswell

''The J-10B, represents a 4.5 generation plane but it remains to be seen what engine is used with this plane. Meanwhile, according to informed commentators, a J-10C with twin engines around the size of RD-33s and incorporating similar features to the J-10B has arrived. This is supposedly a direct competitor to the Eurofighter and has the same layout - twin engined canard delta with a single tail. The PLAAF will have to decide whether to go with the J-10B or the J-10C at some point. Pakistan will not go for the J-10C as the twin engines do not comply with their doctrine of single-engined fighters and with the AFFDP-2019. ''

Very interesting stuff. Regardless of whether the tech will be included in the FC-20 or not, Pakistan will always have the option to buy the "third generation of the J-10" with supercruise, if and when it becomes a reality. Therefore, it is an exciting prospect.

Also, I've never been a supporter of the J-11B deal personally, mainly due to cost issues.

PAFAce, the interesting stuff here would be that it is very difficult for us to get the Russian engine. Whatever will happen with the WS-10 is unclear. However, it will suit pakistan that if both JF-17 and FC-20 can have the WS-13 engines or an equivalent western engine.

Also those who support the J-11 are not completely wrong...but we are unlikely to have them because of Russian license issue. If the J-10 can carry heavier load because of twin engine, have commonality with JF-17, and be able to supercruise it is a win-win situation for pakistan.

Ofcourse the WS-10 should be ready by 2014-15 also so that shouldnt be a problem. And it also remains to be seen if Chengdu can make this plane within the timeframe given. Remember we also heard "rumors" about a "new plane" around 2012.

j-10c isn't possible.

if u add 2 engines, u need more space for more fuel, u need to add more weight to the front of the airplane to keep it balanced, you need to do structural changes, you need to strengthen the air frame, you need to add another air ingester, and a whole lot of other things.

i think its better to just build a new plane.

j-10c isn't possible.

if u add 2 engines, u need more space for more fuel, u need to add more weight to the front of the airplane to keep it balanced, you need to do structural changes, you need to strengthen the air frame, you need to add another air ingester, and a whole lot of other things.

i think its better to just build a new plane.

People suggesting the J-10C are indeed proposing radical changes that will require significant re-work and testing/evaluation. It will, however, still have a heritage of the J-10 and hence the time frame we are talking about is shorter than building a completely new plane.

The question to wonder about is if indeed such a plane is coming and if yes, then for how long it has been already in development.

Twin-engine J-10 project has been put aside since 2008 because the priority at the CAC 611 Institute is given to the development of Jxx, the 4th G fighter.

Well all arguments aside, one thing is forsure and that is that this plane is going to be one hell of a beastttt.

well a J10C, if there is anything will be only good for us if it gives major upper hand over the FC20, inducting a squadron or two of such a heavy plane wil help us but it will never fit in the role of main or frontline aircraft because of huge buying and flying cost and provision of lesser flying hours! nevertheless it will be something better that the Su27, may well be on par with the Su30, this is the only reason chines would develop it as they are getting Su30 already!!

regards

well if not j10-c.. then some funky j13.... i noted that on su34 the pilots sit side by side and enter the jet through an underneath 'trap door'! wow! and it has some serious bomb load carrying ability.. [ who knows if the chinese have set there eyes on this beauty]

Last edited by a moderator:
This is some crazy *** fighter. This is what you call a real air dominace and a2g capability. And aside from this its a russian plane like any other SuKHOI. Which means that even if china ends up making it, they would not be selling/exporting it to pakistan. Thats just my assumption.

Last edited:
all these planes are russian so even if china gets them with ToT we wont be able to get our hands on to them!

let us hope that china develops in collaboration with Pakistan the system that fullfill our requirment!

This is some crazy *** fighter. This is what you call a real air dominace and a2g capability. And aside from this its a russian plane like any other SuKHOI. Which means that even if china ends up making it, they would not be selling/exporting it to pakistan. Thats just my assumption.
It's not a air superiority fighter, it's a fighter bomber with some a2a capabilities and that might be the problem for PLAAF. Even it is better with PESA radar, lower RCS, better armor... than Chinas Su 30 Mkk it would compete it in the same role. I doubt that they really show interest, Su 35 would be a much better choice because it's the better a2a fighter and also comes with such good features.

well fellows do you people think that pakistan needs a dedicated groung attack platform,

do keep in mind our finance limits and the current air to air capability!??

i will wait for your suggestions!

regards!

well
:cheesy:
the top one got missiles and the bottom one have drop tanks :lol: :lol: :rofl:

can you refer what are you pointing at! i mean are you saying something about the refuleing probe or i do even think that te air intakes are probably slight changed!
am i right?

Back
Top Bottom