What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

PAF should look into European avionics and radar, we can commend the Chinese on what looks like to be a first class airframe in J-10B but nonetheless are having problems with the new engine development. I can only imagine the hurdles they face in sticking a small streamlined AESA radar into the nose of the J-10 along with a state of the art man to machine interface in the cockpit as well. France, Italy, UK are all good places to shop for such things (I would prefer French or UK radar and avionics over any others).

PAF should look into European avionics and radar, we can commend the Chinese on what looks like to be a first class airframe in J-10B but nonetheless are having problems with the new engine development. I can only imagine the hurdles they face in sticking a small streamlined AESA radar into the nose of the J-10 along with a state of the art man to machine interface in the cockpit as well. France, Italy, UK are all good places to shop for such things (I would prefer French or UK radar and avionics over any others).

Somewhere, somehow I have the feeling that the date 2014-15 indicates that PAF will not go for western avionics and certainly not a western engine for the FC-20.

If you recall the interview ex-ACM gave at IDEAS 2008 about FC-20, he said: " we have told them exactly what kind of avionics we need, we have told them exactly what kind of radar and missiles we need,...", which indicates that the complete package will be Chinese and no western equipment would be used.

I think it should be clear from the above video that FC-20 will have Chinese systems and not western. He specifically said, "technical negotiations are almost over...".

Frankly, unlike the JF-17, it would be extremely difficult to convince either China or EU country to open up their product to the other. Its just 2009, and look how quickly they are moving ahead in technology...and consider we are talking 4-5 years from now, and then imagine where they would be at that time.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm, it is better to stick with the chines option. we can wait till 2014 but the US or european are never going to give it to us, and if they do, it would be way too expensive!

but 2014 seem to be far far away, what are our option for this period of time,

the JF17 are still a new palne, it will need upgrades and funds for upgrades are to be generated from export, thus this seems to be a long road to success!! the F!^ upgrades are no where in picture, nor are we listening any thing about the Block 52, about which some members were so sure that we gonna get them!! A bit too wishfull i guess!!

so back to the point, what actually are oue options to stay in air till 2014 or even a bit later!!

for me J 10B is now a succes and it is in production right now as we speek i hope sonn we will sign the contract and JH 7 is cool to for bomber role

I think the problem is from both sides. PLAAF will not allow another airforce/Aircraft manufacturer to look into their pride and joy and the Europeans would shy away from doing it. As to Avionics PAF might try to integrate them at Kamra, but that wont happen without chinese approval. But with the chinese avionics industry coming along leaps and bounds, who knows what happens in 2015. Lets see what happens.
Araz

hmm, so it means another 5 years without any competent plane fro PAF, what are our options to survive for this period of time, we cannot sit back and relax thinking about our old F16z or the new born JF17. specially in the lights of Su27, Su30, Mig,s and the US F18z or F16 (the latest block 79 or F 16IN)

hmm, so it means another 5 years without any competent plane fro PAF, what are our options to survive for this period of time, we cannot sit back and relax thinking about our old F16z or the new born JF17. specially in the lights of Su27, Su30, Mig,s and the US F18z or F16 (the latest block 79 or F 16IN)

PAF will get the new blk 52 and MLUs (hopefully) by 2010-11...so its not waiting another 5 yrs.

MMRCA wont enter service before 2013-15 by which time FC-20 would be around. Tejas (if they are any worth) wont be entering service anytime soon either. Their Mirages haven't got the updates as well, so currently on the Su-30 are the threat.

But until then (2010-11), the current status will remain. Not much of an option there considering even teh JF-17 where bought on loans. Even if the UAE mirages were available, they would be beyond 2011-12 so that's not an option either.

Until Uncle Sam is here fighting his WOT, there are little chances of war. In extreme cases, we have other weapons to fall back upon.

hello guyz , i saw this pic on web , i think its new . i dont know about any one else has posted it or not

7e905b9171498fb5e9bdd8f335efad98.jpg

I dont know if its real or photoshopped, but one thing i like about it is its colour scheme...

Maybe we can have a similar sort of colour scheme in PAF.

Originally Posted by Mean Bird
PAF will get the new blk 52 and MLUs (hopefully) by 2010-11...so its not waiting another 5 yrs.

dear why dont simply get this off our head,, we wont ever be getting the block 52, i dont think ever!!
sir we have always been fooled by the ststements made by the US and sadly our rulers also support them in fooling us as it is necessary for there rule and this is all they are intrested in! to hell with the nation from there side!

Pakistan will have to STOP relaying on the US! they wont ever be sincere with us!

what do you think!

Bad News...

Chinese AVIC Top Head admits the Poor Quality of Jet Engine|China-Defense-Mashup

Apr.2 (China Defense Mashup Reporting by Johnathan Weng) — Mr. Lin Zuoming (林左鸣), the top head of ACIC (Aviation Industry Corporation of China), has to admit that China’s “Taihang” WS-10 Turbofan Engine is still unsatisfactory in its quality.

In one of his opening letter, he says that the military aircraft engine production has been the “chronic illness” in Chinese aviation industry and he urges that the solving of “Taihang” WS-10 Turbofan engine is the key step to reinforce the Quality Control Procedure in AVIC.

Now PLA Air Force has install some WS-10 engine on its J-11B dual-engine heavy fighters for evaluation. But the result is not positive. Some resources report that the quality of WS-10 engine is terrible and PLA Air Force has begun to lose patiency of purchasing more WS-10 engine.

In early March 2009, One Chinese PLA Air Force Pilot sucessfully made a forced landing of one J-10 fighter due to the air shut-down of AL-31F engine. As one kind of single engine fighter, J-10 is very dangerous when power system in trouble.

As a result, PLA Air Force has been knowing the stability of Russian engines and just imported AL-31F engines before the finish of WS-10 development. But the fact shows that the WS-10 engine just looks advanced but has no real advantages to AL-31F.

The forced landing accident warns PLA Air Force that the aviation engines has been the killing shortages of its J-10 and J-11 fleets. No combat aircraft after all can fight without reliable engines.

^^ That's old news and thats the reason the J10 hasn't been fitted with WS-10 (or for that matter JF-17 with WS-13).

hello guyz , i saw this pic on web , i think its new . i dont know about any one else has posted it or not

7e905b9171498fb5e9bdd8f335efad98.jpg

If this isn't photoshopped looks nice in that schme ! :toast_sign: :pakistan:

i dont think it will be very trouble causing for Pakistan, we would prefer to go for some reliable engine anyway!

but for the chines friends, i know they will sort this problem out very soon, they are really good rather amazing at these things!

what are our options for avionics, and engine of the FC20 we want to have?

Back
Top Bottom