What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

My information is that the PAF actually placed a couple of F-16s in PRC and a lot of input into the J-10 materialised from there.

First, there is no proof of physical hardware transfer to PRC, ever. Second, there is no credible proof that teams of Chinese engineers were ever allowed to take apart the F-16 on Pakistani air-bases. Third, There is no credible proof that engineering documents that may have been provided to Pakistan were ever transferred to China. I am not saying that this is impossible, I am just saying that there is no credible proof of such, only rumors which may very well have originated from our neighboring territory to the East.

That said, expertise gained by PAF pilots on the F-16 were almost surely passed onto CAC during the design phase of the JF-17, and maybe even the J-10. In addition, I would be willing to bet that Pakistani engineers and senior technicians, who have years of F-16 and Mirage maintenance experience, would have met with Chinese engineers to discuss aircraft design, especially with regards to the JF-17 and FC-20. There is absolutely nothing illegal or unethical about any of this.

American government, and even Lockheed Martin, would have never agreed to sell us the Block 52s if there were any credible proof of this story.

oh boy; if that is true dont you thing Pak is betraying USA
Even if it were true that Pakistan let Chinese engineers study the F-16, there is still no "betrayal". Pakistan paid for the F-16s, they belonged to us. We even paid for F-16s that we never received, so if anybody was wronged, it was Pakistan. Ideally, it should be entirely up to Pakistan who gets access to those F-16s, however, this world is neither ideal nor fair.

If I were to purchase an Aston Martin DBS (as I have so many times in my dreams), I would be the one to decide who gets to drive it and who gets to work on it, not Aston Martin.

Edit
My dear, the Lavi project which the Chinese purchased off the shelf from Israel, had a lot of American input in it and unlike the Phalcon AWACS, the Americans never objected to it's transfer, unlike the current models, the F-16 in question incorporated 30+ year old tech.
Suffice to say i have even seen images of an F-16 airframe used as a gate guardian in some Beijing park.
Indeed, sir. I am well aware of the links between the Lavi project and Chinese aircraft. MY point was simply that there is no credible evidence that Pakistan ever allowed the Chinese to reverse engineer the F-16s. Israel is a different country altogether.

Last edited:
oh boy; if that is true dont you thing Pak is betraying USA

Pakistan paid hard cash for those birds hence they were property of GOP, how the authorities utilise it's equipment is not a matter of American concern.

First, there is no proof of physical hardware transfer to PRC, ever. Second, there is no credible proof that teams of Chinese engineers were ever allowed to take apart the F-16 on Pakistani air-bases. Third, There is no credible proof that engineering documents that may have been provided to Pakistan were ever transferred to China. I am not saying that this is impossible, I am just saying that there is no credible proof of such, only rumors which may very well have originated from our neighboring territory.

That said, expertise gained by PAF pilots on the F-16 were almost surely passed onto CAC during the design phase of the JF-17, and maybe even the J-10. In addition, I would be willing to bet that Pakistani engineers and senior technicians, who have years of F-16 maintenance experience, would have met with Chinese engineers to discuss the F-16, especially with regards to the JF-17 and FC-20. There is absolutely nothing illegal or unethical about any of this.

American government, and even Lockheed Martin, would have never agreed to sell us the Block 52s if there were any credible proof of this story.

My dear, the Lavi project which the Chinese purchased off the shelf from Israel, had a lot of American input in it and unlike the Phalcon AWACS, the Americans never objected to it's transfer, unlike the current models, the F-16 in question incorporated 30+ year old tech.
Suffice to say i have even seen images of an F-16 airframe used as a gate guardian in some Beijing park.

Last edited by a moderator:

By implying that a PAF F-16 is stored in China, you have proved you're typing rubbish. Lockheed Martin has conducted checks of Pakistan's F-16 inventory for years and, as far as I know, they and the US government has been completely satisfied that all 40 of the F-16A/B fighters delivered to Pakistan from 1983 to 1987 are accounted for. That includes the 8 F-16s that have crashed, their wreckage has been stored at a PAF base and inspected by Lockheed Martin technicians.

Did you know there's an AH-64 Apache gunship on display in China too? Its a 1:1 scale model built by an enthusiast.

My information is that the PAF actually placed a couple of F-16s in PRC and a lot of input into the J-10 materialised from there.

That is why USA is providing us block 52 F-16's so that we may send better fighters to China for copying.

Members should refrain from posting comments which can not be backed up with solid reasoning.

Which BVR missiles PAF version (FC-20) will carry??
SD-10?:undecided:

Yap not only SD-10 but also possibly speculated PL-14 Ramjet based BVR. But recently it is hinted that PAF would go for MICA or Meteor

Roumours that PAF is going to get 50,
Last month I read in paper that requirements and proposal of J-10B, 4.5th generation fighter is going to be finalized till Dec 2010.

I am quoting reference of that news.

f9c3f6e97d74af7e21b874b7af52db8e.gif

i feel number will increase from 36.

dear, all depends on our economy.
war on terror has caused us some 200 Billion dollars..wonder how much J-10Bs and rafaels and Block 52s we could have bought by just 10% of that amount :what:

but we should also note that FX reserves are, by the grace of Allah are on the rise near 14 billion USD i think so lets hope for more positive developments and we will be in a position :tup:

Mister,

When there are idiots like you in pakistan---who needs any enemies----somebody get this fool of this board.

Buddy, there is no need to convey your table manners on a public forum,
My disclosure is not exactly "Breaking news".
This story dates back to 90s and for your belligerent attitude, the news actually appeared in a Western aviation journal. period.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom