What's new

China damming Brahmaputra river may prove disastrous for Bangladesh

BD has one water reservoir in the Kaptai lake. Where do you want other lakes built? Be very specific about your proposition.

A water reservoir needs a ground higher than its surrounding. Note the reservoirs West Bengal built over the Teesta are all in the higher grounds.

A water reservoir is very expensive to build. So, it must serve at least two strong purposes. Supplying irrigation water when needed and produce electricity all through the year.

Can you cite one such place in BD where the reservoir serves two such major purposes? Ganges Dam across the Rajbari point may only supply water to the fields. Although it may stop saltwater from coming in by raising the river water level, the money spent on such a gigantic project will not be returned.

At least, south of greater Faridpur has no shortage of water in winter. This area hardly requires river flows to irrigate. I don’t know about Pabna on the other side of the Ganges.

Moreover, technologically weak BD people cannot just plan such a project. So, the GoB will take this chance to do some looting from the project by borrowing foreign money.

The cost of this projects will be 400% higher than if planned and constructed by local teams just like India does. But, BD has few such civil engineers nor the country has privately owned Design/ Surveying offices.
Can't we take help from China to build the Ganges barrage? We may lack engineers but China has plenty of them.

Can't we take help from China to build the Ganges barrage? We may lack engineers but China has plenty of them.
Can you tell us which country ever developed with foreign money and technology? Foreign loan is not a good recipe for development.

BD relies on spoon-feeding and the result is more than $97 billion foreign payment that will just increase to $125 billion within a few yrs.

The FER is already somewhere near $20 billion already. All because BD politicians do not work for the country but work to fill up their deep pockets.

Unless BD works to improve its own technological capacity and know how, little prospect of its development. The so-called development will remain in the newspapers, and you guys will keep on believing BD will surpass Japan in 2041.

By the way, why going after the Ganges Barrage? Is BD south already a desert country? Rajshahi Division/ Barindra Zone and the Dinajpur south area suffer from scanty water for irrigation.

Many areas get scanty yearly rainfall (55 cm to 100 cm) that caused the underground water table to go down. Many families have switched from IRRI to vegetable production that can be done with small water. Small water means less costs.

So, water resources development projects are needed in this area, and not in Rajbari point.

However, a 1 km wide (not full width) stretch of water reservoir along the left bank of the Ganges may help the irrigation in Rajshahi Zone. I hope you understand what I meant by this 1km wide thing.

For Dinajpur south, the govt/ civil engineers must plan how to utilize Teesta water fully. All its water goes now to the Brahmaputra.

And our politicians do not act, but ask us to insult India.

Last edited:
Hindus are on the moon, while you can stick to seeing it through telescope with your half torn lungi.
Our @Bilal9 should come out with his pet forecast that the Hindu Chandrayan will break down and fall on his garden scattered in pieces.

@Bilal9, do not please criticize Indian success before you produce a water pump on the soil of BD.

By the way, you are free to say that Indians will reach the Moon but without a toilet. Please say something to defend the idiotic and superstitious people of BD.

RFL makes good water pump brother. Please take a look at the following website:
Perhaps, RFL also makes irrigation water pumps, engines for Baby Taxis, power tillers, mowing machines and other.

RFL produces non-machine things like table ware, kitchen ware, cleaning accessories, storage containers, Baby Wares, table stool and the likes.

With this capacity can you produce a small pump machine for irrigation? Better check your knowledge on things run by electricity. You will find all are imported from China and India.

Please correct me if I am wrong,

Not even a single thing produced by RFL is imported from China let alone India. They make it locally.
BD imports $425 million worth of water pumps. I believe it is all for irrigation of farmland.

RFL imports parts and assembles water pumps for a little high-rise buildings and households or hotels. Please check your sources.

BD imports $425 million worth of water pumps. I believe it is all for irrigation of farmland.

RFL imports parts and assembles water pumps for a little high-rise buildings and households or hotels. Please check your sources.
It's ok, brother. You know engineering stuffs more than me.

It's ok, brother. You know engineering stuffs more than me.
I am not an expert of things engineering. But, one thing BD people must understand that without the capacity to produce electrically/ diesel operated machines or motors, BD remains an underdeveloped country.

There are Sewing Machines to produce $ 70 billion worth of garments. But, BD people are not able to produce a sewing machine or even needles. Yet, you guys possess an illusion that BD is developing fast. It is just false.

The same is true for all other motors, engines and mechanical things. We still live in the 13th century fully underdeveloped society.

We rely more on sky power to help us. Praying days and nights to send us Angels to do such projects.
Unfortunately Bangladeshi people are becoming such kind of idiot day by day!

TBH , they also want sky powers to help us removing Hasina!

But if they wouldn't rely on Devine help to remove Hasina , USA even wouldn't have to interfere!

Only BNP alone can't do anything against BAL that is actually backed by police , administration, and oligarchs!

People need to come to street! But people won't come ,rather they except angels from the battle of badr help them!

However if 1 million people will march towards Ganobhaban , Hasina is a gone case! But people don't have this courage , personality , dignity, and spirit!

The same is true for all other motors, engines and mechanical things. We still live in the 13th century fully underdeveloped society.
This is true for other South Asian countries as well. Look at India, they can't even design an automatic rifle by themselves. The same goes for Pakistan also. They also can't design a rifle from the scratch.

Last edited:
Homi Jehangir Bhabha was a Parsi (Zoroastrian), just because you've appropriated Persian names doesn't make him Muslim :lol:
Unfortunately many Bangladeshi people believe that Jamshedji tata is a Muslim!

Once I asked someone from where Indira Gandhi get her surname, he replied that from mahatma Gandhi!

I was amusd and said she is daughter of Neheru , so where mahatma Gandhi comes from! He remain silent!

Later , I said her husband's name was Feroz Jehangir Gandhi!

He was surprised and said that so Mrs Indira was married to a Muslim?

Later I made clear that Feroz Gandhi is Zorastrian/ parsy , he didn't believe me though at first! Later from Wikipedia I showed him !

He is an educated person!

So now it's clear that our @BananaRepublicUK aka @IndianLite like is such type of sh!t ; maybe academically well qualified , but a pure basic BAL/BCL idiot!

@saif , @Blue Ocean brothers , I had slight doubt that if I'm wrong , if he is really an Indian , but now I'm over sure that he is not only a Bangladeshi, but a serious BCL idiot , because Zorastrianism isn't unknown to India , so there is no reason for an Indian who can think a Zorastrian as a Muslim because they use Persian names!

At least he should have done homework before challenging an Indian about the religious identity of their nuclear scientist!

Also for the kind information to all emotional fellows , Nobel laureate Abdus Salam ( Pakistani) wasn't a Muslim either ( traditional POV) , as he belongs to Ahmadyya group !

Last edited:
Can you tell us which country ever developed with foreign money and technology? Foreign loan is not a good recipe for development.
I agree! Also nowadays I hear that govt is looting at least half of the Chinese loan?
As you see all projects cost 3/4 times in Bangladesh than other countries!

.@saif , @Blue Ocean brothers , I had slight doubt that if I'm wrong , if he is really an Indian , but now I'm over sure that he is not only a Bangladeshi, but a serious BCL idiot , because Zorastrianism isn't unknown to India , so there is no reason for an Indian who can think a Zorastrian as a Muslim because they are use Persian names!
@IndianLite guy is a poodle of BAL and India. He is a believer of Akhand Bharat. He needs serious virtual spanking to change his shitty manner and dub other people with different views Jamatis.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom