What's new

China rolls out AWACS aircrafts for Pakistan Air Force

bit surprising to note that it is with put AESA......................
mean in this modern day tech it should have been AESA....
can it be upgrated???????????

Still the with the pic seen what platform is it on this thing as been going on since we first stated talking about it which platform and can we have pics of the platform.

First of four Pak-Chinese ZDK-03 Airborne Early Warning and Control System (AEW&C) Karakoram Eagle for the Pakistan Air Force was displayed in a rollout ceremony was held at Hanzhong in China. Pakistan Air Force’s chief Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman was the guest of honor for this ceremony at this ceremony. It was also attended by the Commander of the PLA Air Force and other military and civil officials from the China.

Pakistan Air Force signed an agreement for the joint development of four ZDK-03 AEW&C aircraft Karakoram Eagle which were to be configured to meet Pakistan's specifications in 2008 with China Electronics Technology Group Corporation.

The ZDK-03 AEW&C is specifically designed to meet the requirements of the Pakistani airforce. It has with very advance AESA radar along with other sensors and communications equipment. This arrangement is similar to the one being used by the E-2C/D Hawkeye Airborne Early Warning Aircraft used by the USN.

This arrangement will allow ZDK-03 AEW&C Karakoram Eagle to provide 360º radar coverage. Air Chief Marshal Suleman has said that this event as "another milestone in the exemplary history of cooperation between Pakistan and China”. This AEW&C aircraft will strengthen the PAF's capabilities to maintain "peace with honour in the region".

confused.................. what type of radar it has got............... someones say it is AESA others say its normal....................

First of four Pak-Chinese ZDK-03 Airborne Early Warning and Control System (AEW&C) Karakoram Eagle for the Pakistan Air Force was displayed in a rollout ceremony was held at Hanzhong in China. Pakistan Air Force’s chief Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman was the guest of honor for this ceremony at this ceremony. It was also attended by the Commander of the PLA Air Force and other military and civil officials from the China.

Pakistan Air Force signed an agreement for the joint development of four ZDK-03 AEW&C aircraft Karakoram Eagle which were to be configured to meet Pakistan's specifications in 2008 with China Electronics Technology Group Corporation.

The ZDK-03 AEW&C is specifically designed to meet the requirements of the Pakistani airforce. It has with very advance AESA radar along with other sensors and communications equipment. This arrangement is similar to the one being used by the E-2C/D Hawkeye Airborne Early Warning Aircraft used by the USN.

This arrangement will allow ZDK-03 AEW&C Karakoram Eagle to provide 360º radar coverage. Air Chief Marshal Suleman has said that this event as "another milestone in the exemplary history of cooperation between Pakistan and China”. This AEW&C aircraft will strengthen the PAF's capabilities to maintain "peace with honour in the region".

you use right word arrangement (jugad)

can you provde and natural source to claim your post

well sir he was asking a technical question on compare t cant scan 360 dgree and range is not compareable to AESA TECH

Who said it can't scan 360 degree ?? It has a rotating dish mounted on it, with radar antenna fixed on both sides, thus a two way scanning capability with all around scan specification.

Plus, is anyone sure, which radar it has ?? Has it a PESA radar or the normal type one, and who knows may be it has an AESA one, and yeah AESA equipped dish can rotate, the E-2D has an AESA mounted in a dish which rotates at 4-6 RPM and even can be used stationary way.

So, without knowing what the specifications are, or what radar system is being used in it, it would be childish to jump to conclusions.

well it is not AESA but your boys want to prove eqaull to AESA or even better :smitten:

4 ZDK-03 AWACS.

Zaida jalan ho to...
Burnol%20Plus%20cream_3655.gif

Who said it can't scan 360 degree ?? It has a rotating dish mounted on it, with radar antenna fixed on both sides, thus a two way scanning capability with all around scan specification.

Plus, is anyone sure, which radar it has ?? Has it a PESA radar or the normal type one, and who knows may be it has an AESA one, and yeah AESA equipped dish can rotate, the E-2D has an AESA mounted in a dish which rotates at 4-6 RPM and even can be used stationary way.

So, without knowing what the specifications are, or what radar system is being used in it, it would be childish to jump to conclusions.

i totally agree with u sir ,
at the moment there are speculations every where.........

the same thing i want to say but the diffrecne is you are saying one side of story

its good paf get awacs but it does not have AESA tech thats my point

i cant tell you my source :smokin:

Lets put the AESA non AESA debate to rest for the moment,and concenterate on other aspects...
How able is the system's data link..,,can it provide radar surveillance data to X number of JF-17s,if they want to go into passive mode?

the same thing i want to say but the diffrecne is you are saying one side of story

We don't want to know your source as we are not interested.

We know ourselves that the radar specification is for now not known, it may be anything, till officially or some reliable source doesn't confirms it, no need for speculation but we can discuss the pros and cons of having and not having AESA, PESA or whatever.

it seems u just ran out of our AWACS doom/saucer and log on to PDF:lol:

u guys declared Jf-17 another MIG-21 clone, a couple of year ago now you've got figures under your teeth. u guys are really sick...:disagree:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom