What's new

China - The world's hotbed of innovation?

Mind you it's not an actual gun but even having a gun isn't conclusive evidence in itself. It's actually quite interesting. In the article it mentions that saltpeter was lacking in China due to having less domesticated animals. I wonder why China would have less domesticated animals. Would history be different if saltpeter was in more abundance?

So can we see the examples of Chinese innovation? Serious question and post something that is not a redesigned one, something original ..

Looking at the numbers, most of the patents filled by China are the design patents which has only to do with new look and feel of an existing product.

So can we see the examples of Chinese innovation? Serious question and post something that is not a redesigned one, something original ..

Looking at the numbers, most of the patents filled by China are the design patents which has only to do with new look and feel of an existing product.

There's quite alot of inventions, but most are simply design and manufacturing patents.

For real breakthroughs,

The Chinese are proud to invent the world's first electronic cigarette. :yahoo:
Yet no-one uses them, what a shame.

And also maglev wind turbines.

There's quite alot of inventions, but most are simply design and manufacturing patents.

For real breakthroughs,

The Chinese are proud to invent the world's first electronic cigarette. :yahoo:
Yet no-one uses them, what a shame.

And also maglev wind turbines.

This is what wiki says about electronic cigarette - The primitive concept of an electronic cigarette can be traced to an idea by Herbert A. Gilbert,[1] who in 1963 patented a device described as "a smokeless non-tobacco cigarette" that involved "replacing burning tobacco and paper with heated, moist, flavored air." This device heated the nicotine solution and produced steam. In 1967, Gilbert was approached by several companies interested in manufacturing it, but it was never commercialized and disappeared from the public record after 1967

Maglev Wind turbines is a vertical axis turbines that would use magnetic levitation instead of ball bearings to reduce friction. so it will go to the category of redesign. Also it has to prove its worth.

@PITA here's another one
No. 1744: hinese Bombard
Title: The Oldest Representation of a Bombard. Technology and Culture
Authors: G-d Lu, J. Needham, and C-h Phan

Title: Gunpowder, Explosives And the State: A Technological History
Author: Brenda J. Buchanan
Page: 51-56
This book also uses Needham's research as source

Seems like Chinese did more than just invent gunpowder whether these whites like it or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
China innovate? Lol...copying is NOT innovateing. Name one thing China makes that was not invented elswhere.

you forget the shameful history of stealing war criminal scientists and nazi innovations from Nazi Germany at the end of WWII, sadly. Americans often are quite poor in history classes.

Post reported.

These day cheerleaders also do the job of mind less trolling, it seems.

you made me lol, you seriously aren't aware a defensive like that will make it funnier?

at least should think otherwise, or at least 50 percent of people do that in door, with sanitory facilities, that's quite a feat already considering the economy status quo, oops, forget you have to save enough to pay off those Russia military orders.

In 1795, Sir Samuel Bentham, inspector of dockyards of the Royal Navy, and designer of six new sailing ships, argued for the adoption of "partitions contributing to strength, and securing the ship against foundering, as practiced by the Chinese of the present day". His idea was not adopted. Bentham had been in China in 1782, and he acknowledged that he had got the idea of watertight compartments by looking at Chinese junks there.
Junk (ship) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh some Indian faggot on PDF said India had a naval power before China. I think he needs to be educated.
"The great trading dynasty of the Song employed junks extensively. The naval strength of the Song, both mercantile and military, became the backbone of the naval power of the following Yuan dynasty."
Junk (ship) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think the ground breaking work of fiber optics was accomplished in UK along with a whole British team.

Oh the UK team were the pioneers? According to wiki it was mr Kao who pioneered the development and use of fiber optics for which he got the noble prize. I guess to you the prize should belong to the UK team then you piece of sh!t.

This is what wiki says about electronic cigarette - The primitive concept of an electronic cigarette can be traced to an idea by Herbert A. Gilbert,[1] who in 1963 patented a device described as "a smokeless non-tobacco cigarette" that involved "replacing burning tobacco and paper with heated, moist, flavored air." This device heated the nicotine solution and produced steam. In 1967, Gilbert was approached by several companies interested in manufacturing it, but it was never commercialized and disappeared from the public record after 1967

The fact is that the electronic cigarette wasn't a redesign. It operates on a different principle from the 1963 patent.

In 2000, he came up with the idea of using a piezoelectric ultrasound-emitting element to vaporize a pressurized jet of liquid containing nicotine diluted in a propylene glycol solution.

That's not an incremental development, which covers the majority of patents in the world.

Or you could say there's no such thing as innovation anyway, as inventions are all redesigns of existing products and uses existing technology.

Mind you it's not an actual gun but even having a gun isn't conclusive evidence in itself. It's actually quite interesting. In the article it mentions that saltpeter was lacking in China due to having less domesticated animals. I wonder why China would have less domesticated animals. Would history be different if saltpeter was in more abundance?
Possibly...lack of the requisite resources may have been why it was less popular in China. These articles show I wasn't the first to bring this up...not disscussed as much here at UTEP.

Oh the UK team were the pioneers? According to wiki it was mr Kao who pioneered the development and use of fiber optics for which he got the noble prize. I guess to you the prize should belong to the UK team then you piece of sh!t.

I never said UK team were the pioneers but the lab he worked at was located in UK and he was supported by team already working there. Is this making sense to you now?

you forget the shameful history of stealing war criminal scientists and nazi innovations from Nazi Germany at the end of WWII, sadly. Americans often are quite poor in history classes.

you made me lol, you seriously aren't aware a defensive like that will make it funnier?

at least should think otherwise, or at least 50 percent of people do that in door, with sanitory facilities, that's quite a feat already considering the economy status quo, oops, forget you have to save enough to pay off those Russia military orders.
Proud of it. Besides...most Americans were of German descent at that time...so our own.... PS.... @PITA...way to use resources to support an arguement...had a hard time coming back at it. Uh....I'm American...not all that many Russian defense orders....

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom