What's new

China To Induct JF-17 Thunder into Its Air Force: President Mamnoon Hussain

Sad to hear that there are no confirm foreign orders till now.

Pakistan needs to play a crucial role and come up with a robust, long-lasting, and effective mechanism through OIC by which the relationship between Islamic World and People's Republic of China should developed based on mutual interests, mutual respect, and a true "allied" partnership on global scale.

Pakistan can be a vital card in it.

Throughout history, Islamic Civilization always respected China and held it in high esteem for its wisdom. In 1000+ years of history, there was only one small military confrontation between Islam and China..and that too, was far,far away from mainland China.

We need to bring this tradition to 21st century to achieve peace and stability in the World...

Hope india stops being a jackey to West..

Islamosphere, China, India can lead a new era of global politics where West doesn't dictate its terms on smaller nations..These entities can provide the much needed stabilizing factor to global politics.

Pakistan needs to play a crucial role and come up with a robust, long-lasting, and effective mechanism through OIC by which the relationship between Islamic World and People's Republic of China should developed based on mutual interests, mutual respect, and a true "allied" partnership on global scale.

Pakistan can be a vital card in it.

Throughout history, Islamic Civilization always respected China and held it in high esteem for its wisdom. In 1000+ years of history, there was only one small military confrontation between Islam and China..and that too, was far,far away from mainland China.

We need to bring this tradition to 21st century to achieve peace and stability in the World...

Hope india stops being a jackey to West..

Islamosphere, China, India can lead a new era of global politics where West doesn't dictate its terms on smaller nations..These entities can provide the much needed stabilizing factor to global politics.

An Pakistani living in the west asking India to stop being a Jackey to the west :lol:
We can dude, but Pakistan is overtaking us in being Jackey.! Stop Dragging India into everything.
Isnt China has been telling for the past few years they shall induct JF17? I have seen only Pakistani Presidents, Generals telling this. Have never seen a confirmation from a Chinese Official.

An Pakistani living in the west asking India to stop being a Jackey to the west :lol:

If living in the West is your standard of being a jackey, than millions more indians live than Pakistanis. LOL. But then again, it is stupid as **** to make the argument that if you live in another country, you're a jackey. Policies of nations define their role..not citizens.

There might be more Chinese living in U.S than Japs, but we all know who's a U.S jackey and who's not.

Isnt China has been telling for the past few years they shall induct JF17? I have seen only Pakistani Presidents, Generals telling this. Have never seen a confirmation from a Chinese Official.

China never said they will induct. Even if they do induct, which I don't think they will, it will be a higher model of JF-17..but then again, it doesn't make sense for Chinese to induct JFT since they already have J-10..but anyways

What happened to the old argument that was being peddled about, that FC-1 doesn't fit into the military doctrine and requirements of China?

Has this been confirmed by the Chinese side or is it the Pakistani president is just doing kite flying?

Last edited:
WOW,
China has also agreed to extend its cooperation in fighting against terrorism and will supply Pakistan army with helicopters. China and Pakistan will also soon finalize contract to jointly develop and produce submarines for Pakistan Navy.

China will also install two 1100 MW nuclear power plants in Karachi and another three will be installed in other parts of the country.
Good! But remember, there are no freebies! It will cost Pakistan billions of dollars to acquire these weapon platforms. And needless to say, the cost of construction of a 1100 MW nuclear power plant is $5 billion. Another three as you mentioned will cost you an additional mind boggling $15 billion.

Good! But remember, there are no freebies! It will cost Pakistan billions of dollars to acquire these weapon platforms. And needless to say, the cost of construction of a 1100 MW nuclear power plant is $5 billion. Another three as you mentioned will cost you an additional mind boggling $15 billion.

Soft long term financing...

I am a bit skeptical. What niche would JF-17 fill in PLAAF that other types (J-10B, JH-7A, J-16, etc.) doesn't already fill? Seems like it will actually complicate inventory significantly.

I am a bit skeptical. What niche would JF-17 fill in PLAAF that other types (J-10B, JH-7A, J-16, etc.) doesn't already fill? Seems like it will actually complicate inventory significantly.
China has remained on the fence regarding the program, with no PLAAF orders to date. Their air force appears to be more focused on their 4+ generation J-10 design, which offers more advanced capabilities and aerodynamics.

However, the JF-17 remains a candidate to replace large numbers of PLAAF MiG-17s (J-5) and MiG-19s (J-6/ Q-5), if the PLAAF decides it needs to take steps to maintain the size of its force.

why China buy JF Thunder, when they are practically rolling in money and can buy or manufacture any type of plane the wish? maybe its to help us? personally i dont think China needs a fighter like JF Thunder, it has capabilities to produce much more capable fighters

175:o::o:
I hardly see the number rising more then 100-120:disagree:

I am an optimist. :lol:

This is an often ignored fact, but it's a fact.

If we induct 200 of these bad boys, we can easily make our Air force second to America and first in East Asia, especially with further J-10Bs, and J-16s, and that naval attack fighter(always forget the name) JH-8B? Not sure if we will go for more variants of J-11D, or B or just the J-16s, almost forgot J-15s.

1,500 4th gen fighters sounds good and a doable feet, we are more than 1/3 there, with close to 700 4th gen fighters.

JF-17 is a capable fighter in its class, I personally think according to specifications, it's a very ambitious fighter especially the latter variants.

@araz how did this post deserve a negative rating?

ASAK
This is an often ignored fact, but it's a fact.

If we induct 200 of these bad boys, we can easily make our Air force second to America and first in East Asia, especially with further J-10Bs, and J-16s, and that naval attack fighter(always forget the name) JH-8B? Not sure if we will go for more variants of J-11D, or B or just the J-16s, almost forgot J-15s.

1,500 4th gen fighters sounds good and a doable feet, we are more than 1/3 there, with close to 700 4th gen fighters.

JF-17 is a capable fighter in its class, I personally think according to specifications, it's a very ambitious fighter especially the latter variants.
My sincerest apologies. I misinterpreted your post to mean these numbers for PAF which was the wrong assumption on my part. Negative rating undone and apologies once again.
Regards
Araz

If living in the West is your news.Frd of being a jackey, than millions more indians live than Pakistanis. LOL. But then again, it is stupid as **** to make the argument that if you live in another country, you're a jackey. Policies of nations define their role..not citizens.

There might be more Chinese living in U.S than Japs, but we all know who's a U.S jackey and who's not.

China never said they will induct. Even if they do induct, which I don't think they will, it will be a higher model of JF-17..but then again, it doesn't make sense for Chinese to induct JFT since they already have J-10..but anyways
I think there are quite a few facets which we are missing out about this news.Firstly for the first time a head of state has confirmed Chinese commitment to buy JFT. We have constantly seen footage of JFT being tested along with J20 and 10s. It has been assumed that this is for weapons integration and engine modification.Was it a possibility that the chinese never thought of it as a finished product? They could possibly have wanted a more mature platform with a chinese engine and full weapons integration.
Secondly people have ignored what it means for the chinese engines eespecially WS13. An announcement at this stage may mean that the ws 13 is either nearing readiness or already ready. Thirdly a chinese project will have more injection of funding and also remove the slight latency with the development of WS13.
Fourthly no one has related this decision to the PAFs decision to go for more F16s and not the J10Bs. I find this angle highly intriguing. We announce just before a major visit the acquisition of F16s and walla-- we have a chinese assurance to buy JFT.And more importantly an indication on our part to buy the J10Bs.I would say this is a little tactical coup for Pakistan. People might say that this is not how international relations and especially Pakistan China relationship works but this is mere glossing over of the fact that people's relationships are based on common interests .These would be continuing sales and market access as well as further joint explorations of other markets.
The last point I would pitch for discussion is that if JFT was a dead duck no amount of cajoling would have convinced the chinese to buy even a token number. This sale is a serious admission on the part of the chinese that the JFT is a little gem, inexpensive, easily manufactured in large numbers reasonably quickly for mass replacement of legacy fighters and very very capable.This is what I think has uappened. People notice that this little pocket rocket opens eyes and gets itself noticed every where it goes and has some of the competition worried
I think we will see some really serious activity now on the JFT front. Ladies and gentlemen I would watch this space really eagerly for more developments. I think PAF should now pour some more money into it and delay the block 2 so that we can have a seriously upgraded merchandise in a year's time. The F16 sale may also have relevance from that point of view.
Araz

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom