What's new

China vs The West, why no homelessness in China?

I just point out your opinion is hypothetical in the first place. Of course, what happened in the past matters, the past determined what is today, and today determines what will be tomorrow.

Those who live in past glories tend to stay there. Those who learn from the past - and others - and work harder and smarter today shape the future. Just look at the Muslim world today as an example of what not to emulate today.

Those who live in past glories tend to stay there. Those who learn from the past - and others - and work harder and smarter today shape the future. Just look at the Muslim world today as an example of what not to emulate today.
If people get stuck in the past, thats a different story.

If people get stuck in the past, thats a different story.

So let's back on topic: are there homeless people in China or not, today? What are the trends in those numbers?

So let's back on topic: are there homeless people in China or not, today? What are the trends in those numbers?
I dont know, I personally havent seen credible reports of homeless in China. If there are any, it would be much less serious than in the US.

I dont know, I personally havent seen credible reports of homeless in China. If there are any, it would be much less serious that in the US.

Well, by the same logic, personally, I have never seen a mass shooting in USA either. Does that mean there are none, like homelessness in China?

Well, by the same logic, personally, I have never seen a mass shooting in USA either. Does that mean there are none, like homelessness in China?
You are asking for my personal opinion. I dont see reports of homeless in China, but I do see lots of reports of homeless and mass shootings in US nearly every other week. You have to prove your point.

LoL, You expect that mass shootings are as common as homelessness in US, so dumb.

You are asking for my personal opinion. I dont see reports of homeless in China, but I do see lots of reports of homeless and mass shootings in US nearly every other week. You have to prove your point.
She is comparing apples with oranges, if homelessness happens the same rate as mass shootings in US, we can safely say there's no homeless issues in US. this is common sense, she is just trolling, she can never offer any decent arguments, trolling is the only thing she does in PDF.

You are asking for my personal opinion.

Incorrect. This is what I asked:

Numbers would be pretty objective.

LoL, You expect that mass shootings are as common as homelessness in US, so dumb.

Dumb is the person who thinks that personal views and opinions are enough to determine the situation. Just like homelessness, if not seen, cannot be claimed to not exist in China, which was the comment above. :D

Dumb is the person who thinks that personal views and opinions are enough to determine the situation. Just like homelessness, if not seen, cannot be claimed to not exist in China, which was the comment above. :D
I never saw murder but I know it exists in China, course people have common sense and not so dumb like you. You expect mass shootings are as commonly seen as homelessness in US or in any country, how dumb a brain you got.

I never saw murder but I know it exists in China, course people have common sense and not so dumb like you. You expect mass shootings are as commonly seen as homelessness in US or in any country, how dumb a brain you got.

The topic here is not how dumb I am (or you are), it is whether there is homelessness in China, and if so, what are its trends.

The topic here is not how dumb I am (or you are), it is whether there is homelessness in China, and if so, what are its trends.
I mentioned that in some tier 3 or tier 4 cities in China there might be some if you search hard, In Beijing I haven't seen one for at least 5 years. I don't guarantee for other cities, no one said China has zero homelessness, but the reason why I and all foreign expats living in China didn't see homeless people is because they are extremely rare if there are some at all. this is the point the OP foreign expat talks about, I don't think she can guarantee that there's absolute zero homelessness in China either.

I mentioned that in some tier 3 or tier 4 cities in China there might be some if you search hard, In Beijing I haven't seen one for at least 5 years. I don't guarantee for other cities, no one said China has zero homelessness, but the reason why I and all foreign expats living in China didn't see homeless people is because they are extremely rare if there are some at all. this is the point the OP foreign expat talks about, I don't think she can guarantee that there's absolute zero homelessness in China either.

That is a perfectly logical stance, I can see that.

There are homeless everywhere. Even in Singapore with strict social order and virtually free rental for the very poor, there are still homeless. Not a lot, but it still exists.

1681307735541.png

1681307778940.png

1681307890444.png

There are homeless everywhere. Even in Singapore with strict social order and virtually free rental for the very poor, there are still homeless. Not a lot, but it still exists.

View attachment 924430
View attachment 924431

View attachment 924432

So why I don't see one, neither those foreign expats in China?

Back
Top Bottom