What's new

China's 28nm DUV lithography machine was delivered in 2021

But IBM made 2nm process.

TSMC 2nm mass production is 2026.

IBM 2nm is probably just Lab POC. But TSMC 2nm is already planning mass pro.

The IBM lab is process vendor for all fab in the world other than Intel, TSMC and Samsung. All those foundries and fab that uses IBM is now dead meat, especially former Singapore Chartered Semicon.

Morris Chang of TSMC insist on building local talents and R&D, Singapore Chartered headed by an accountant bent on buying from IBM. Eventually Singapore Chartered keep losing monies. Singapore keep appointing crooks to head all her big tech.

It is a big mistake of Singapore designating an accountant as CEO of wafer fab. While all generals of TSMCs are engineers.

1658896597210.png

What I know is even 90 nm lithography indigenization is very problematic. 28 nm, I think 2026 is over optimistic. I expect after 2026 if western companies agress to sell China critical components. 7nm not before 2040.

Too many non STEMI students in PDF.

He is the former minister of MIIT (Ministry of Industry and Information Technology), not some random Internet user.

He is already very humble that China still needs to catch up in the EUV system.

This is the typical Chinese style, and no one in this world can create more miracles than us.

But IBM made 2nm process.

You don't even understand the diffence between design and fab.

The US technology for the fab of 7nm chips is still non-existent right now.

IBM's fab is even weaker than Intel's, so it is just another attempt to push the stock market.

IBM's fab is even weaker than Intel's, so it is just another attempt to push the stock market.
And he even brag about working in semi con. See how liar here from the american cheerleaders. Lol

I have explained and debunked Chinese claims about semicon manufacturing that none of you have proved me wrong.

So let us see: What is parametric testing and when is it done?

What I see is China behind US and every time China make a catch-up milestone, all you guys whip out your dicks and start wanking each other off.

Shanghai SMIC tried to hide it for more than a year. Until this year, someone found a large number of 7nm from Shanghai SMIC when mining bitcoin.

This is Chinese style.

If it is the Indian style, the Indian govt will already held dozens of press conferences when it was still a PPT.

Then Indians will make a model with cow dung during the military parade, drag it with a truck, and march with the flying motorcycle group.

Finally, Indian netizens will use this PPT to occupy all websites and announce that they have become a superpower in the semiconductor industry.
Ahahahah...I wont lie, that was funny 🤣🤣🤣

I have explained and debunked Chinese claims about semicon manufacturing that none of you have proved me wrong.

So let us see: What is parametric testing and when is it done?

What I see is China behind US and every time China make a catch-up milestone, all you guys whip out your dicks and start wanking each other off.
You say that YMTC claims to produce 3D NAND itself, but it turns out that's not the case. I've been waiting for you to explain what you mean by the truth? Didn't YMTC produce its own 3D NAND?

The US congress is about to pass a bill to invest $52 billion into getting back into the chip industry. It’s not enough, but it’s a start. TSMC will build a $12 billion plant to make 5nm chips in Phoenix, Arizona. Samsung will invest 17 billion into a chip plant in Texas. Intel is investing $20 billion for a chip plant in Columbus Ohio, and IBM is going to spend $100 billion on a chip plant in Ohio.

Put all these together... and the US is gonna catch-up fast.

Chinese are being braggards on this thread. :disagree:

Intel has learnt from its mistakes and will not only supply itself but other companies with chips.

This way it has the scale like TSMC has to invest in the latest node technology.

I do not want to see either the US or China dominate the semiconductor industry as competition is good for all.:-)

The US congress is about to pass a bill to invest $52 billion into getting back into the chip industry. It’s not enough, but it’s a start. TSMC will build a $12 billion plant to make 5nm chips in Phoenix, Arizona. Samsung will invest 17 billion into a chip plant in Texas. Intel is investing $20 billion for a chip plant in Columbus Ohio, and IBM is going to spend $100 billion on a chip plant in Ohio.

You should be mistaken, IBM has no plans to spend $100 billion on a chip factory in Ohio, maybe you mean Intel?

I doubt the bill is gonna pass. US is more interested to spend money on war. Plus it will further increase US debt. US do not really have unlimited power to print money.

Even it really pass, TSMC , Samsung all knows US workforce cannot make it. They are gonna milk US money but do very little to shift their manufacturing base to US.

I doubt the bill is gonna pass. US is more interested to spend money on war. Plus it will further increase US debt. US do not really have unlimited power to print money.

Even it really pass, TSMC , Samsung all knows US workforce cannot make it. They are gonna milk US money but do very little to shift their manufacturing base to US.

They will have to shift as otherwise they will eventually lose the massive US market to Intel.

Of course the US workforce can "make it" as Intel can fabricate 10 nm Enhanced SuperFin in the US.

I am afraid that too many Chinese underestimate of what the US can do when they put their mind to it - remember what happened to Japan and Germany during WW2 when they declared war on US.

It is not going to work, the success of TSMC and Samsung is based on the East Asian 996 working culture, only China and other East Asian countries can cope that.

If the American workers can handle that kind of working condition, there is nothing magic.

This is going to be another failed Foxconn plant that Trump touted before, and even the boss of the TSMC said he personnally doesn‘t believe the US can handle this job.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom