What's new

China's first aircraft -carrier

Ah I see. So will you guys beat China in manufacturing the first AC in post-WWII Asia?

Ship Building has been an Art practiced for Centuries In India, and We If not Excel in it but can say it with pride that yes we are into it...And India makes Finest of Steels... L&T and BHEL are some of the leading System manufacturers and Integrators in India, and Can if not build a Better one but the Best one suiting the Indian Navy Doctrine which is most expected...

As far as China. Yes they do have Better Skills and Are Giants in Heavy Manufacturing....

India already operates a Carrier. Has had two - one recently decommissioned. And ~50 years of experience.

All ship building materials including the steel, are made in India. You should read about that, before commenting.

Re-designated the Indigenous Aircraft Carrier - from its original appellation of Air Defence Ship, the vessel's commissioning has been delayed by around two years to 2014 due to steel acquisition problems, Badhwar said.

This difficulty was recently resolved with the import from Russia of around 1,000 tonnes of steel 'bulb-bars' essential to begin the IAC's construction after the state-owned Steel Authority of India - was unable to supply them.

Refit of India's Russian aircraft carrier delayed

“But the country got a definite shot in the arm as we have been able to indigenously manufacture ABA-grade quality steel (which is six times stronger than the steel used for building ships). This will stand us in good stead when we embark on construction of the second carrier soon after this. Besides, this has tremendously brought down the overall construction cost,” said a Navy officer associated with warship production.
The Hindu : National : Keel-laying of indigenous aircraft carrier in December

Shi Lang name is reminding me of "Tai Lang".

Tai_Lung_desktop.jpg

Re-designated the Indigenous Aircraft Carrier - from its original appellation of Air Defence Ship, the vessel's commissioning has been delayed by around two years to 2014 due to steel acquisition problems, Badhwar said.

This difficulty was recently resolved with the import from Russia of around 1,000 tonnes of steel 'bulb-bars' essential to begin the IAC's construction after the state-owned Steel Authority of India - was unable to supply them. (On time)

Refit of India's Russian aircraft carrier delayed

This from the same source written back in 2006 (Refit of India's Russian aircraft carrier delayed By Rahul Bedi, RxPG News Service, Dec 15, 2006 - 5:23:14 PM), further down in the article:

However, they were confident that SAIL and two private and another public sector steel mill who are collectively supplying around 20,000 tonnes of steel for the IAC, would be able to provide the additional 4,000 tonnes of bulb bars required for the 225 metre long and 58 metre wide IAC, for which Rs.32.61 billion - has been sanctioned so far.

This from the same source written back in 2006 (Refit of India's Russian aircraft carrier delayed By Rahul Bedi, RxPG News Service, Dec 15, 2006 - 5:23:14 PM), further down in the article:

However, they were confident that SAIL and two private and another public sector steel mill who are collectively supplying around 20,000 tonnes of steel for the IAC, would be able to provide the additional 4,000 tonnes of bulb bars required for the 225 metre long and 58 metre wide IAC, for which Rs.32.61 billion - has been sanctioned so far.

Come on, It's you said that Indian AC is made of indian steel. Am i wrong to disclose that? not a big deal for you to admit your mistake.

plz refrain from telling me "would", "will", we are not discussing wishful thinking.

I love the qualification - post World War II Asia - Lol - why - because the Japanese built them as far back as the 1930s and 1940s. The science of building aircraft carriers hasn't changed drastically since either. So India and China are both laggards - even in Asia - so why are you arguing about this?

Looked it up - I was so wrong. Japan built theirs in 1921 - apparently the first one in the world - I thought the Brits would be the first. So Indians and Chinese are talking about building one a century later. I can so see the humor in this - I hope you can too.

Aircraft have also been built since the beginning of the century, but to compare then and now is a bit too far...

Comparing a WW2 aircraft carrier and a current aircraft carrier is more ridiculous than comparing Mongol cavalry and a modern infrantry recon unit.

The cavalry has a bigger probability of winning.

China is not aiming for the first in Asia to built a post ww2 AC, that is a stupid idea, China and India is not in cold war or a propanganda war for whose p**** is longer, what kind of military advantage can be gained from that? China's AC is not aimed at India in any way.

PLA is using this opportunity to study design snd construction of a AC, to train the first generation of Chinese AC designers and engineers for subsequent AC projects. You have to learn to walk before you run. The aim is the China's deomstic desgn AC which will be conventional powered for the initial few, and nuclear powered for the second batch.

Come on, It's you said that Indian AC is made of indian steel. Am i wrong to disclose that? not a big deal for you to admit your mistake.

plz refrain from telling me "would", "will", we are not discussing wishful thinking.

After dealing with Indians for such a long time, I believe such reply from our Indian counterparts should not surprise you at all, because it is so typical of them to argue with you by quoting something they haven't accomplished yet.

LCA will... while they are spending billions in importing aircraft from almost all of the major airfighter manufacturers;
Arjun will... while they are still ordering 1500 T90s from Russia;

It's my firm belief that India will beat China in manufacturing the first BC ( very popular domestically in India) , and most of those in the world B market, in basically any era. :smokin:

:what:
397.jpg

BC?

They should have named it the Zheng He or Sun Zi.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom