What's new

China's first aircraft -carrier

Come on, It's you said that Indian AC is made of indian steel. Am i wrong to disclose that? not a big deal for you to admit your mistake.

plz refrain from telling me "would", "will", we are not discussing wishful thinking.

No wishful thinking here. I said that the boat is being built using Indian made steel. And you came up with a 5 year old report!! Did you miss the article's date? Since the production started, there wasnt enough steel, so they imported some to start the project. Later when steel production was ramped up, India produced the steel required locally. So whats wishful thinking here?

Anyhow, India is building the boat from scratch and not refurbishing a built, albeit unused, structure. That design stems from decades of experience operating such boats (two carriers), not an ad hoc stop gag arrangement. That is an important difference here.

LCA will... while they are spending billions in importing aircraft from almost all of the major airfighter manufacturers;
Arjun will... while they are still ordering 1500 T90s from Russia;

If you do not understand the fundamental difference in various roles and requirements of specific aircraft or military hardware, what are you doing on a defense forum? Really?

@ my compatriots: Why do we spend so much time trying to hammer some reason/sense in such imbeciles who cannot/are unwilling to differentiate between specific roles of military aircraft or hardware?

No wishful thinking here. I said that the boat is being built using Indian made steel. And you came up with a 5 year old report!! Did you miss the article's date? Since the production started, there wasnt enough steel, so they imported some to start the project. Later when steel production was ramped up, India produced the steel required locally. So whats wishful thinking here?.

Not enough steel? How do you know that? does the article tell you? As i far i remember, You guys decided to use your own steel at the very beginning, but switch to buy Russian steel because your steel could not meet requirement and after that indian government declared "successfully development" of your own steel.

"I said that the boat is being built using Indian made steel"? :cheesy: Oh,why don't you cling to your original statement? how comes you lose your confidence suddenly?

these are very trivial problems, however what really confused us is why you make up lies without a blink of eye and produce more and more lies to round them up. what's the big deal to admit that?

Not enough steel? How do you know that? does the article tell you?
Yes. Re-read the article you posted (which btw was published in 2006!) and read the article provided by Jatt @post#18.
As i far i remember, You guys decided to use your own steel at the very beginning, but switch to buy Russian steel because your steel could not meet requirement and after that indian government declared "successfully development" of your own steel.
Again, wrong. Either you didnt understand the article or you must have lost the 'essential part' in translation.
"I said that the boat is being built using Indian made steel"? :cheesy: Oh,why don't you cling to your original statement? how comes you lose your confidence suddenly?

these are very trivial problems, however what really confused us is why you make up lies without a blink of eye and produce more and more lies to round them up. what's the big deal to admit that?
Lol. What are you trying to say here, mate? Dont blame me for your inability to read and understand the article. I am not making claims out of thin air.

And lol at that 'losing my confidence suddenly'!
Be a man!

Hey gubbi, is India constructing the INS Vikramaditya and Vikrant together?

Does it matter where the steel came from? who builds it? or the product itself?
Its great for domestic jobs. Today in a post cold war era, there is no importance towards such self reliance.
If some one succeeds in making half the carrier themselves while of shoring the other half, its still an accomplishment.
To bout the of shoring was done to likely save time/money.
The US military imports, the PLA imports (what ever isn't on the embargo), the only ones that stick to the old world of domestic with zeal are the Russians,
and that too only to keep the factories running and workers with a job.

Does it matter where the steel came from? who builds it? or the product itself?
Its great for domestic jobs. Today in a post cold war era, there is no importance towards such self reliance.
If some one succeeds in making half the carrier themselves while of shoring the other half, its still an accomplishment.
To bout the of shoring was done to likely save time/money.
The US military imports, the PLA imports (what ever isn't on the embargo), the only ones that stick to the old world of domestic with zeal are the Russians,
and that too only to keep the factories running and workers with a job.

you are right that is also my point but we don't like those who make up fake stuff and refused to admit

Hey gubbi, is India constructing the INS Vikramaditya and Vikrant together?

No. INS Vikramaditya is the old Russian ship - Admiral Gorshkov being refurbished, inside out, by Russia. Vikrant class Indian aircraft carrier - the IAC - is the one being built in India.

Btw, INS Vikrant was the name of first aircraft carrier IN operated and was decomssioned in 1997. I dont know if the first ship of Vikrant class carriers will be named INS Vikrant. The other carrier, presently in active service with IN is INS Viraat.

Gah!!!! China is taking too long with aircraft carrier readiness and construction. Why don't they use their miracle Chinese building capacity and workforce? lol *Sarcasm*

Gah!!!! China is taking too long with aircraft carrier readiness and construction. Why don't they use their miracle Chinese building capacity and workforce? lol *Sarcasm*

Varyag was sold as an empty hull, with no engine, and the important components were either dismantled or blown off. It is already a miracle to refit it.

Now, China is on the stage of exploring the aircraft carrier, once it masters the technology, then it can be built as fast as the toys.

Varyag was sold as an empty hull, with no engine, and the important components were either dismantled or blown off. It is already a miracle to refit it.

Now, China is on the stage of exploring the aircraft carrier, once it masters the technology, then it can be built as fast as the toys.

What is the propulsion used in Chinese carriers?

i know` it has been more than 10 years. but this applies to chinese working and learning ethic. chinese believe only when u be able to understand the equipment and technology inside out, and can assemble with 'eyes' closed than u can safely say that u learnt.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom