What's new

China's first aircraft -carrier

IMHO the Varyag does not represent the level of technology China is at in the field of naval aviation. It shows that they are capable of producing some of the technologies required on a carrier, but it does not reflect their full work.

The first two indigenous carriers should be the marker of China's level of progress in this field. Until they can design and build the hull themselves, we can't say that the Varyag means that China has entered the "carrier club".

1101307957-1.jpg

This is the China's first aircraft carrier

Aircraft Carrier are to expensive to run and build, hence Pakistan cant even purchase one.

And then China to make 10? Highly doubt it.

This is a reality, and a good question. I think govenment and PLA should consider it carefully. There is no need of so many ACs for self defence aim, but it is very important to aquire and gain the ability to build a AC. We basicly have learnt some knowledge but still need to make some modification and innovation. Time and money should be costed to learn some good new teachnology but more will be needed and costed to surpass the origion ones. So I think we China still have a long way to go.

To be honest, China's coast lines are nowhere as long as United States, and does not face ocean on both sides. I think 5 to 6 operational carrier groups plus an additional training group would be sufficient to ensure Chinese interests in the Western Pacific. Of course, there's the matter of China's reliance on security on the Indian Ocean. In this case, China can help Pakistan develop a capable naval force for that.

This is a reality, and a good question. I think govenment and PLA should consider it carefully. There is no need of so many ACs for self defence aim, but it is very important to aquire and gain the ability to build a AC. We basicly have learnt some knowledge but still need to make some modification and innovation. Time and money should be costed to learn some good new teachnology but more will be needed and costed to surpass the origion ones. So I think we China still have a long way to go.

When the government though about building an AC, they surely had though about the financial and technologies for maintaining that. That's non of your business and no need you worry about, you know nothing what your bosses though. I think China AC incident in recent time is more likely a political issues than an upgrading of military hardware!!!

To be honest, China's coast lines are nowhere as long as United States, and does not face ocean on both sides. I think 5 to 6 operational carrier groups plus an additional training group would be sufficient to ensure Chinese interests in the Western Pacific. Of course, there's the matter of China's reliance on security on the Indian Ocean. In this case, China can help Pakistan develop a capable naval force for that.

China has a long connected borders with India, thus no need of too much ACs to strike India from the seas. Creating more submarines and powerful naval fleet could help China and Pakistan counter the hostile Indian Navy in the region!!!

GOOD for China bad for India and by the way what aircraft will China use on this carrier ?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom